Event 5: 2500 Nlhe Short-handed

Good start for DND'Agostino Busted by NegreanuJohn D'Agostino has been elminated from the Short-Handed event. P.S. Maybe Doyle can repeat and get # :club: 11

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice that phil Ivey is in the top 5 chip stacks for both this event and the limit holdem event? The man is a machine.

Anyone else notice that phil Ivey is in the top 5 chip stacks for both this event and the limit holdem event? The man is a machine.
I dont' see the point, he has to leave in 40 minutes to get to his limit event. Shorthanded even if he busts out relatively fast from his limit event, most of his chips will be gone at the SHNLHE
If he can make it thru the day in the top 5, but it's only the second level.EDIT: I wasn't aware Ivey was top 5 in the limit event. Very interesting plan.
I dont' see the point, he has to leave in 40 minutes to get to his limit event. Shorthanded even if he busts out relatively fast from his limit event, most of his chips will be gone at the SHNLHE
He had probably already registered for the SH event before even knowing how he'd be doing in the limit event. Might as well try and get a huge stack in the 2 hours he has to play it.

I am guessing he has a trageted stack size he is trying to hit before 2pm. But it seems sort of strange, given that he will almost certainly be involved in the limit event for quite a while. A little insurance in case of a bad run in the limit event?

For some reason I picture him like running from table to table. Like he runs over to one table, check raises the guy, runs over to the other table and announces hes all in.....
For some reason I picture him like running from table to table. Like he runs over to one table, check raises the guy, runs over to the other table and announces hes all in.....
they don't let you play in 2 events at the same time. Story somewhere about huck seed trying when he was at a razz final table. He had paid to get in to the pot limit hold em championship but was at the razz final table. Razz table agreed to take a break to let him at least walk over and try to double up once or twice but the tourney director wouldn't let him sit at the table or touch his chips.

I think he can pull it off, I doubt hell have a huge stack in the SHNLH but if he pulls off two final tables you know thatll just be vindication for hom being the best poker player ever.

they don't let you play in 2 events at the same time. Story somewhere about huck seed trying when he was at a razz final table. He had paid to get in to the pot limit hold em championship but was at the razz final table. Razz table agreed to take a break to let him at least walk over and try to double up once or twice but the tourney director wouldn't let him sit at the table or touch his chips.
So I'm guessing Ivey is gonna stay at the nlhe sh table correct?
I think he can pull it off, I doubt hell have a huge stack in the SHNLH but if he pulls off two final tables you know thatll just be vindication for hom being the best poker player ever.
VINDICATION BABY!!!matusowWins2.jpg
So I'm guessing Ivey is gonna stay at the nlhe sh table correct? VINDICATION BABY!!!matusowWins2.jpg
You're kidding right? Only 21 left in the limit tourney- He is in the mobney. Gotta finish that one out.
You're kidding right? Only 21 left in the limit tourney- He is in the mobney. Gotta finish that one out.
Yes but according to the other poster you can't switch back and forth and Ivey was already playing the NLH event so he couldn't switch back.

At the start of the limit tourney, he'll leave, be walked over to the limit tourney and won't be able to come back until he's busted out of the limit event or wins it

At the start of the limit tourney, he'll leave, be walked over to the limit tourney and won't be able to come back until he's busted out of the limit event or wins it
What if hes already started the NLH tourney which he has?
There are 69 players left in the Limit-Tournament.What a story, if Ivey managed to reach the final table in both tournaments, he'd be looked at as Superman for good by everyone. ;)

Early exit for FossilmanFormer WSOP Champ EliminatedGreg Raymer has been eliminated from today's $2,500 Short-Handed event.

There are 69 players left in the Limit-Tournament.What a story, if Ivey managed to reach the final table in both tournamenets, he'd be looked at as Superman for good by everyone. :club:
That would be insane.