Canadian Gothic Lineup Challenge

challengeoa6.pngColour CodeRed = OT PlayerGreen = I have a defenseman available from that teamBlue = I have a forward available from that teamYellow = I have those goalies availableHere's the challenge.
  • Submit what you feel will be the best lineup for the Canadian Gothic. I'm not expecting to win this game, but what lineup do you feel will give me the highest score? Be sure to indicate an OT player as it may be required to break any ties.
  • You can choose to play for fun or to play for money. Please indicate your choice. $5.00 is the amount if you choose to play for money. The entry that would have accumulated the best score takes all. Tie breakers are determined in the same manner as AHL rules.
  • Please honour your wager should you choose to play for money and lose.

Here is the list of players and goalies I have available for this game:ForwardsP. J. Axelsson - Boston BruinsAnson Carter - Columbus Blue JacketsKyle Calder - Philadelphia FlyersOwen Nolan - Phoenix CoyotesTodd White - Minnesota WildNils Ekman - Pittsburgh PenguinsMike York - New York IslandersBarry Tallackson - New Jersey DevilsDarcy Tucker - Toronto Maple LeafsMikael Samuelsson - Detroit Red WingsGary Roberts - Florida PanthersDefensemenMilan Jurcina - Boston BruinsZbynek Michalek - Phoenix CoyotesKeith Carney - Minnesota WildBrad Lukowich - New Jersey DevilsSteve Eminger - Washington CapitalsChristoph Schubert - Ottawa SenatorsJanne Niinimaa - Montreal CanadiensCorey Sarich - Tampa Bay LightningKevin Dallman - Los Angeles Kings*NOTE: My Buffalo d-man is Henrik Tallinder and is not available as he is on injured reserve.GoaliesBoston BruinsAnaheim DucksOttawa SenatorsPlease post any questions in this thread. The DEADLINE to submit your entry whether it be for fun or money is Friday, November 24th at 11:00am EST.

challengeoa6.pngColour CodeRed = OT PlayerGreen = I have a defenseman available from that teamBlue = I have a forward available from that teamYellow = I have those goalies availableHere's the challenge.
  • Submit what you feel will be the best lineup for the Canadian Gothic. I'm not expecting to win this game, but what lineup do you feel will give me the highest score? Be sure to indicate an OT player as it may be required to break any ties.
  • You can choose to play for fun or to play for money. Please indicate your choice. $5.00 is the amount if you choose to play for money. The entry that would have accumulated the best score takes all. Tie breakers are determined in the same manner as AHL rules.
  • Please honour your wager should you choose to play for money and lose.

Here is the list of players and goalies I have available for this game:ForwardsP. J. Axelsson - Boston BruinsAnson Carter - Columbus Blue JacketsKyle Calder - Philadelphia FlyersOwen Nolan - Phoenix CoyotesTodd White - Minnesota WildNils Ekman - Pittsburgh PenguinsMike York - New York IslandersBarry Tallackson - New Jersey DevilsDarcy Tucker - Toronto Maple LeafsMikael Samuelsson - Detroit Red WingsGary Roberts - Florida PanthersDefensemenMilan Jurcina - Boston BruinsZbynek Michalek - Phoenix CoyotesKeith Carney - Minnesota WildBrad Lukowich - New Jersey DevilsSteve Eminger - Washington CapitalsChristoph Schubert - Ottawa SenatorsJanne Niinimaa - Montreal CanadiensCorey Sarich - Tampa Bay LightningKevin Dallman - Los Angeles Kings*NOTE: My Buffalo d-man is Henrik Tallinder and is not available as he is on injured reserve.GoaliesBoston BruinsAnaheim DucksOttawa SenatorsPlease post any questions in this thread. The DEADLINE to submit your entry whether it be for fun or money is Friday, November 24th at 11:00am EST.

I think this is great...however its a conflict of interest if I enter...As I want you to lose your game and get least amount of pts..but wow..nice idea
I think this is great...however its a conflict of interest if I enter...As I want you to lose your game and get least amount of pts..but wow..nice idea
It's not a conflict of interest because I'm submitting my own lineup. I'm not soliciting advice. You can submit what you feel would be my best lineup and still hope for me to lose.I'm fairly certain Screamin' Eagles will take this one.

I'm in::::::::::: $5 it is.....Canadian GruveStangs Thieving EaglesForwardsAnson Carter- COLUMBUS (OT)Todd White- MINNESOTANils Ekman- PITTSBURGHDarcy Tucker-TORONTOMike York-ISLANDERSGary Roberts-BOB'S GERIATRIC CENTREDefenseMilan Jurcina-BOSTONSteve Eminger- WASHINGTONCorey Sarich- Tampa BayChristopher Schubert- OTTAWAGoaliesAnaheim

It's not a conflict of interest because I'm submitting my own lineup. I'm not soliciting advice. You can submit what you feel would be my best lineup and still hope for me to lose.I'm fairly certain Screamin' Eagles will take this one.
Ok I will enter...have my picks later tonite...

$5.001. Kyle Calder - PHI2. Anson Carter - CBJ3. Darcy Tucker - TOR4. Mikael Samuelsson - DET OT5. Gary Roberts - FLA6. Nils Ekman - PIT7. Zbynek Michalek - PHX8. Christoph Schubert - OTT9. Steve Eminger - WAS10. Kevin Dallman - LOSG - Anaheim Ducks

$5.001. Kyle Calder - PHI2. Anson Carter - CBJ3. Darcy Tucker - TOR4. Mikael Samuelsson - DET OT5. Gary Roberts - FLA6. Nils Ekman - PIT7. Zbynek Michalek - PHX8. Christoph Schubert - OTT9. Steve Eminger - WAS10. Janne Niinimaa - MTLG - Anaheim Ducks
Janne Niinimaa won't play. Mathieu Dandenault and Francis Bouillon are back from injuries.Carbonneau also clearly stated that Mark Streit is their 7th defenseman at the moment.

Fowards1. Darcy Tucker OT- 2(1g 2a)2. Nils Ekman- 03. Gary Roberts- 2.5(2g 1a)4. Anson Carter- 05. Todd White- 1(2a)6. Mike York- 0Defenseman1. Steve Eminger- 02. Milan Jurcina- 03. Kevin Dallman- 04. Zbynek Michalek- 0GoaliesAnaheim -1No money because I'm too lazy to send it to you if I lose.Currently at 4.5 Only Dallman still playing.

Janne Niinimaa won't play. Mathieu Dandenault and Francis Bouillon are back from injuries.Carbonneau also clearly stated that Mark Streit is their 7th defenseman at the moment.
That's okay, I have untill 11:00am tomorrow to edit it.

Corey Sarich replaces Janne Niinimaa And I'm replacing the Nashville equipment guy with the Atlanta equipment guy, but I'm sticking with the Edmonton Zamboni driver.

How am I doing?
I owe you $5.Sarich with a point. Lukowich with a point. Schubert with a point. The big guns were firing tonight.A quick count but the final score looks like...Canadian Gothic 4Screamin' Eagles 1.5Lucky again tonight I guess. :club:
I owe you $5.Sarich with a point. Lukowich with a point. Schubert with a point. The big guns were firing tonight.A quick count but the final score looks like...Canadian Gothic 4Screamin' Eagles 1.5Lucky again tonight I guess. :club:
It would have been a Pain in the *** to send me 5 Bucks all the way to California. As well as me sending you 5 in Canada.
It would have been a Pain in the *** to send me 5 Bucks all the way to California. As well as me sending you 5 in Canada.
It was winner take all so Chris would have been waiting anxiously at the post office for your $5. :club:
It was winner take all so Chris would have been waiting anxiously at the post office for your $5. :club:
To be fair I would have covered the FEDEX overnight courier charges to get the 5 bucks delivered from Belanger...... That was fun, and a great idea Dale.... you could take SO many factors into consideration.... I know I bust chops, but I admire the work you, and Serge, Daniel, Nate... all you AHL'ers... do in this pool. It's certainly one of the better pools I've ever seen (which is why I pushed the idea of Daniel doing his story on the AHL in the Hockey News). Anyway, keep up the good work, and I'd kick all your asses if I was in your pool. (the preceding statement was a fabrication).
To be fair I would have covered the FEDEX overnight courier charges to get the 5 bucks delivered from Belanger...... That was fun, and a great idea Dale.... you could take SO many factors into consideration.... I know I bust chops, but I admire the work you, and Serge, Daniel, Nate... all you AHL'ers... do in this pool. It's certainly one of the better pools I've ever seen (which is why I pushed the idea of Daniel doing his story on the AHL in the Hockey News). Anyway, keep up the good work, and I'd kick all your asses if I was in your pool. (the preceding statement was a fabrication).
Thanks. It is a great pool. Maybe FCP will look into that betting feature Nate was talking about once they get the poker thingy working smoothly.
sorry i missed it, great idea DM. I'd be in this next time, my fin ready in my hand to pass out at the end of the night!
Thanks, it might garner more intereste if Daniel does it instead. hint hint