I Just Finished Building An Illegal Shed Out Of Garbage.

Nice shed.

16X8 constructed ENTIRELY from materials thrown away by some rich **** who's gut remodeling his house a block over. Spent some hours de-nailing all the good lumber and panels. Did about 95% of all work by myself, including any number of obviously two man jobs. Only brought in a day laborer (because I have no friends) for a couple hours to finish the roof trusses and help me raise the wall panels.

Nice 15 degree pitch on the roof, actually wound up using subfloor decking for the roof which is just too haevy so I had to make a ton of lightening cuts but it worked. Made the pierforms out of cardboard I found in the trash, floor frame, subfloor deck then 4X8 exterior wall panels on 2X4 frames, all from the big construction dumpster in front of his house. .

I did buy a couple sacks of concrete for the piers, some minor reinforceing hardware and roofing felt. The nails and screws I had. Hoping he throws away some insulation and some kind of interior paneling. Also I will need shingles. If any of the remaining needed materials are left unattended on the jobsite, I intend to steal them.

Total spent on a fully dried-in and essentially complete 16' X 8' building: Less than $100.

Fags.

I know. I don't want to post any pictures because I don't want anyone to figure out where I live.

The internet is a scary, scary ****ing place.

Also, there's always the possibility that I am completely lying or partially exaggerating.

No permits whatsoever, in a city that will literally dispatch an excavator within 72 hours of learning of an illegal ancillary structure to come tear it down, then send you the bill.

I may paint the roof the same color as the surrounding grass, since I've heard GIS systems have automated intelligence that compares year to year satellite images and notifies municipalities of conflicts between the existing tax roll and potentially new structures added to the property without being added into the data system.

Walk into Home Depot with a color printout of the satellite image of my lot, then ask the paint man to match 'that color of green'.

****ed up, Orwellian world we live in.

(because I have no friends)

One PM and I'll be there in an hour. I would take the day off work to help you roof your new shed.

it's either that or Brv has moved to joliet

I live in Chicago now.

huh

huh. What neighborhood?

Kenosha. Last stop on the train in the north. I didn't know Scram lived in Joliet, I thought he lived in the city. Since we are on opposite ends of the city, it will take me 2 hours from when I see the Scram-signal.

Kenosha. Last stop on the train in the north. I didn't know Scram lived in Joliet, I thought he lived in the city. Since we are on opposite ends of the city, it will take me 2 hours from when I see the Scram-signal.

He doesn't live in Joliet, I was just trying to think of something about an hour away from where I estimate him to live, that would also insult you.. And I know what Kenosha is, I lived in the near north suburbs for 4 years. I bought my first bong in Kenosha as a matter of fact.

• Like 1

Good work....

If you havent bought the shingles yet you may want to consider rolled asphalt roofing with a three/twelve pitch. Three tabs will be ok but they will be more sensitive to leaking from slight damage and the shallow angle more likely for wind to lift them

And they absolutely use imaging for assessment purposes these days. Around here they study the ones taken in the winter so structures hidden by foliage can be seen...

If you live in an area where the trees strip and the grass goes dormant then use light brown roofing

Damn... just thought of something...

The county can get a tax assessment of shakes house and its contents by satellite

• Like 1

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

I'm really not going to steal anything. I'm just hoping he throws a bit more stuff out I can use because I REALLY want to get this shed finished for under a hundred bucks. Freecycle and Craigslist/Free seem to be a resource for materials to be scavenged but calculating for the cost of gas, it would get me over $100.

Ideally, some junk but at least somewhat intact sheetrock to put back together, fill in cracks and paint over. Based on what they've already thrown out and what's been hitting the dumpster lately, I think the project is at the point where most of the major structural stuff is done, which is bad news for me.

Also, there's always the possibility that I am completely lying or partially exaggerating.

There is also always the possibility that you are just embarrassed that I built an even better, more illegal shed, for $40, and you don't want us to see how much shittier yours is than mine.

• Like 3