#2921 pezeveng

pezeveng

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,387 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

View PostDubey, on 04 January 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

Got the bet in on bet365. $100 at 18-1. Jacksonville to win the super bowl

Vikings vs Jags superbowl over under would be 35.5!

That's the match up I want.

#2922 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,017 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:40 AM

Cash game lineup for wildcard weekend. Entered it in $120 worth of double ups.

QB Jaed Goff $6700
RB Todd Gurley $9700
RB Leonard Fournette $7400
WR Micheal Thomas $7800
WR Eric Decker $3500
WR Allen Hurns $4600
TE Austin Hooper $2900
FLEX Charles Clay $4000
DEF Chiefs $3400

Don't feel amazing about it tbh. Too many scrubs, but there aren't many great plays this weekend, and I don't feel comfortable without Thomas/Fournette/Gurley in the lineup.

#2923 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,017 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

In the summer, while in Vegas, I put $100 on the Titans to win the super bowl at 40-1.

6 months later, the playoffs are about to begin, and the Titans have made the playoffs. Great success so far, right?

Titans current super bowl odds are 80-1.

#2924 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,017 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

Dubey, on 05 January 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Cash game lineup for wildcard weekend. Entered it in $120 worth of double ups.

QB Jaed Goff $6700
RB Todd Gurley $9700
RB Leonard Fournette $7400
WR Micheal Thomas $7800
WR Eric Decker $3500
WR Allen Hurns $4600
TE Austin Hooper $2900
FLEX Charles Clay $4000
DEF Chiefs $3400

Don't feel amazing about it tbh. Too many scrubs, but there aren't many great plays this weekend, and I don't feel comfortable without Thomas/Fournette/Gurley in the lineup.

scored 90ish, didn't come close to cashing.

Probably going to go even lighter this week. Just don't feel confident on these short slates.

#2925 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,017 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

I decided not to play a cash lineup this week. I don't feel comfortable either playing or fading Leveon and Antonio against the Jags. Overall, I just don't have a strong conviction about any of the plays on the slate, and don't feel like flipping coins this week. I just made 1 GPP team and will throw it in a couple small tournaments.

QB Tom Brady $7000
RB Leonard Fournette $6900
RB Latavius Murray $5400
WR Julio Jones $7900
WR Rishard Mathews $4500
WR Corey Davis $3500
TE Rob Gronkowski $7100
FLEX Chris Hogan $5200
DEF Eagles $2600

#2926 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,611 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

I had minny -5 for a decent bet. I will take the push

#2927 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,017 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

I had a small bet on minny -4. What a finish

#2928 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,017 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

This is the worst Super bowl imaginable for me. My 2 most hated teams. That Jags loss really hurt.

I fired a $73 bet on the Eagles ML (+185) just so I would have some interest in the game. Just what remains of my first-deposit-bonus money from Bet365 that I have been betting with throughout the playoffs to try to clear the bonus. I wouldn't wager my own money on this dumpster fire of a super bowl.

#2929 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,611 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

I had a really nice run last year but it is not happening this year. Super Bowl I think will be good but I hope Pats win. Thatís saying a lot since of course i am a Jets fan but I never want to see a team in philly win anything

#2930 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

Yay.

Bet the over and also an over/Phi +4.5 parlay.

Fly eagles fly!

#2931 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,611 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

It has to be my best gambling years for me. December was the best when I cashed in pretty good and brought a brand new TV.

Lost my Super Bowl bet (I bet under, I know I suck).

Best part is I went into 2 Super Bowl Squares. One for $50 and the other for $100. The $50 one I had Philly 1 and New England 3. Pays out for $1,400 USD. It at least got me into the black for the Super Bowl.

#2932 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:47 AM

I had 1 and 3. Won $1,000

Biggest Super Bowl score in10 years
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#2933 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,611 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:35 AM

Today I have to go and pay my local over 4 figures. I lost and have to deal with the consequences. You win some and you lose some.

Looking back it was the most satisfying NFL gambling seasons I have had. December was the most profitable in years. It definitely would have been better if the rams beat the eagles with wentz got hurt or the no catch on the pitt & pats game

However as I thought about my loss in the super bowl I went into 2 $50 & $100 squares on a gambling forum. Never met anyone and donít really post much. However they run their contests is truly amazing. Last year won a survivor pool but when it got down to 3 we split (around $750). I did tip the guy running the pool $100. The squares one I won $150 after the first quarter but at the end when I realize that the eagles could kick a fg I look to see that I was the square to win the final one in the $50 square for $1,400. Of course I was extremely happy to win it and the best part Was paid the next morning. No shenanigans or delays. That is how you run a pool/contest. I did tip him $150

The funniest part is those are the only 2 contests I have ever entered. Told Otto that we have some extra $$& to hit the craps table on family day weekend

#2934 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,020 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Nice win Wayne, must have felt great.

Have you ever heard of the $5k a square contest downtown in the financial district? Its supposedly well known amongst the bookies but I had never heard about it until a few years ago. Some guys I knew that used to be at the same Super Bowl party as me were in this game. 5 of them were splitting a square. One year they won a quarter or half, cant recall, but it was a huge payment.
When you said "paid next morning", I thought of that contest. Evidently this guy goes around with 400K or whatever in cash and pays people off on Monday morning. Sick!

#2935 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,611 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:48 AM

Thanks. Brought quite a few things for the kids at Xmas time

Yes i did hear about it. $5,000 squares is out of my league. My local told me and also a father I know from soccer. I also hear about the big dollar survivor pools. I also think about entering the supercontest but the logistics I just donít want to deal with

#2936 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,017 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

A gambling disaster

Before the playoffs started, I bet $100 on the Jags to win the super bowl. I was driving with my wife one day and mentioned the bet, and she said "I want to make a bet on the super bowl too". I was excited, as this is probably the first gambling my wife has ever done outside of slot machines in Vegas, and certainly the first sports bet.

"Great, Who do you want to bet on?" I asked.

"Tell me the teams"

So I listed off all 12 teams in the playoffs

and she said: "I want to bet on either the falcons or the Eagles"

I said: "Well, the falcons went to the super bowl last season and their team is almost the same. The Eagles lost their starting QB for the year and I think the backup is terrible, and I don't see any way they are going to win the super bowl, so I would bet on the Falcons, of those two teams.

She listened to me and bet $100 on the falcons. Now we are getting divorced.

ok, the last sentence isn't true, but the rest is, unfortunately, entirely true, and my wife may never bet on sports again. And if she does, she will definitely not be taking any advice from me.

#2937 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,020 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

You're an idiot. lol

If there was one thing I learned a long time ago, its that people who know NOTHING about the NFL are much better at betting on it then we are.

Years ago, I used to run a weekly football spread contest with a group of friends, probably like about 30 people all told. The sheet I used to have ready for the contestants was by last name, so Eagles vs Bengals +5.
My wife went in the 2nd year, and that was at my encouragement, and mostly cause I just thought it was funny to see how someone who knew nothing about the sport could do just by looking at the last names. She won. And if i recall, it wasnt really even close.
It was only the 2nd last week of the season that my wife turned to me and said "Ohhhh, now I get how the spread works, I never bothered to pay attention to those numbers before"

#2938 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,611 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:08 PM

Hit Greektown with Otto tonight. Otto of course got carded. Because I was with him the guy asked for my id too.

I have to say it was the craziest table i have ever played. Suck outs by one guy.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users