Rebublicans Win Us Senate - 0 Chance For Us Web Gambling For 3 Years.

The Republican party (the party of Sheldon Adelson) has won a majority of the US Senate seats with a projected 52 to 54 seats out of 100 seats. In my opinion that means there is zero chance for any federal legalized internet poker in the US for at least 3 years. Even if the democrats gained back the Senate in two years or a pro-gaming guy like Chris Christie became president in 2016 it would probably take at least a year to get anything passed. So all you pros in Mexico and Canada it's time to renew your leases or hope California legalizes it sometime next year.

I'm no expert on politics but I see the only chance now is if outgoing Senate majority leader Harry Reid of Nevada can somehow pull a sneaky Bill Frist like maneuver and somehow tack a gaming bill onto some other bill before he is ousted as Senate leader. But I doubt that will happen.

I think that Harry Reid and his self-serving approach to legalizing online poker has actually done more harm than good to the effort of legalizing poker. It's easy to forget that Harry Reid is actually opposed to online poker. His bills have had ulterior motives. The PPA is actually pretty much run by republicans and conservative independants, so it's really hard to put the issue of legalizing online poker strictly along party lines.

...It's easy to forget that Harry Reid is actually opposed to online poker....
If true you have to wonder why he said internet poker will happen about 2 years ago. Do you have a source that he is opposed to online poker?

I'm not going to look up sources. It was common knowledge that Reid is opposed to online poker. That he sponsored those bills makes him look like an online poker advocate, but he's not. His first attempt to legalize it was very politically motivated. His bill would have essentially made Nevada the hub of online poker. What he did was create a bill where it would only be legalized in 13 states and he made it very difficult for other states to opt-in by creating a very short deadline for them to do that.

What the Reid bill would have actually done would have been to make online poker forever illegal in most of the country.

On 2+2 just before the "fly-in" to Washington I criticized Annie Duke for being an advocate for legalization but disappearing once the cameras weren't pointed in her direction. I criticized her for supporting the Reid bill and then not having even one word to say about it once it was actually being considered in Congress.

The PPA jumped down my throat for my comments about Duke. She had been a spokesperson for the PPA. I strenuously argued against only opting in 13 states. They essentially told me that I was naive to think that it could be done in any other way. I argued right up until the day of the Fly-In. Reid had everyone convinced that opting in those 13 states was the only legal way to do it. I got people to consider other alternatives. I'm pretty sure that the aspect of the Joe Barton bill which opted in all of the states was the result of my arguments.

2/3rd's of Americans didn't vote because they think everyone they are voting for has the same agenda anyway. The Nuts literally are running the nut house! Most of the nut cases voted too!

When the politicians start doing things for the right reasons and not for money things might not turn out so horrendous all the time.

Playing cash games around town gets me out of the house a bit at least. :icon_smile: