i have friends who:sit at 3/6 with $80400 at 10/20200 at 5/10what is a nice range to sit with at a cash ring game with 11 players, assume public 3/6..thanks!

Id probably buy in for 120-150 but really as long as you have more than 66 in front of you at all times you should be ok.
thanks! apparently most sit in the 3/6 w/ 80-100...what pot odds are considered 'good enough' to enter a pot on the button? 5-1?thanks!
Id probably buy in for 120-150 but really as long as you have more than 72 in front of you at all times you should be ok.
I like to have a bit more when there's no cap HU... you just never know.

I normally try to sit with about 25x the BB.

I normally try to sit with about 25x the BB.
QFT ... I always start with 25 BB regardless of level ... if cut in half I re-up for another 50%.Pot Odds on the button? No offence, but if that is the best you can do in asking that question (which is a valid question if you put in some sort of context) then you need to do a lot more reading to understand the game.

ok smart azzes, i asked that on purpose.my friend says that on the button sometimes u get pot odds where it doesn't matter what cards u get dealt.i was testing what others might think. obviously very little.thanks cinci..so $150 at 3/6...i wonder why so many people think 80-100 is good enough? probably don't bet as much when they should? just wondering what to expect..let's say i sat with 100....would i have to significantly tighten up? any other strategy changes?

ok smart azzes, i asked that on purpose.my friend says that on the button sometimes u get pot odds where it doesn't matter what cards u get dealt.i was testing what others might think. obviously very little.thanks cinci..so $150 at 3/6...i wonder why so many people think 80-100 is good enough? probably don't bet as much when they should? just wondering what to expect..let's say i sat with 100....would i have to significantly tighten up? any other strategy changes?
You're talking about limit. Why would you tigthen up? You can reload at any time, you know?
let's say i sat with 100....would i have to significantly tighten up? any other strategy changes?
is this another test question, based on your friend?I hope so.To address the "Pot Odds" question.If you mean, should you probably fold 97s from the button if the UTG players limps and it folds to you; but call if 3 others called, yeah, I'd say so.That has more to do with equity and implied odds, not pot odds.But, you should fold J5 off suit no matter what.
You're talking about limit. Why would you tigthen up? You can reload at any time, you know?
is this not a limit forum???let's say i plan on not reloading tonight..did i even mention reloading???man, do i need to draw some diagrams for an answer or something???
is this another test question, based on your friend?I hope so.To address the "Pot Odds" question.If you mean, should you probably fold 97s from the button if the UTG players limps and it folds to you; but call if 3 others called, yeah, I'd say so.That has more to do with equity and implied odds, not pot odds.But, you should fold J5 off suit no matter what.
thanks for trying to not take a jab...we can't all win.this forum has gone to sh*t....u guys now try to reply with the best 'zinger' instead of the best answer...
is this not a limit forum???let's say i plan on not reloading tonight..did i even mention reloading???man, do i need to draw some diagrams for an answer or something???
Planning on not reloading is a stupid fucking strategy.Draw all the diagrams you want, it won't make you right.You asked for optimal strategy. It's FUCKING limit. If there is a 4 bet cap on each street, even HU, you want to have a minimum of 12 BB every fucking hand.You don't just sit with $100 and let it get so low that when you get AA with $4 left you can minimize your expectation.You asked for our help, stop being a jackass.
Planning on not reloading is a stupid fucking strategy.Draw all the diagrams you want, it won't make you right.You asked for optimal strategy. It's FUCKING limit. If there is a 4 bet cap on each street, even HU, you want to have a minimum of 12 BB every fucking hand.You don't just sit with $100 and let it get so low that when you get AA with $4 left you can minimize your expectation.You asked for our help, stop being a jackass.
perfectly proves my point..going to 2+2 now losers.this used to be a great forum..

what Zach said; but nicer.I'm just teasing with you, All-In, I know you a bit from here.Playing optimal Profit Strategy and Playing to Preserve a short buy in are major conflicting Strategys.If your goal is to last the night; that's much differnt than a goal to maximize your expected earningsEdit: No one here is used to addresing the question of "How do I play when I won't be re-loading"

I always sit with at least 25 BBs as well. It varies depending on level though. To begin I really don't recommend 3/6 live unless you just are playing for fun or trying to learn. The rake is just too significant at that level to make it worth it. 5/10 is the minimum I think you need to play at to really expect any meaningful return long term. For 5/10 I usually buy in for 400. It just looks weak if you have to get money back out, and alot of times that results in people calling you more than they would otherwise.

I always sit with at least 25 BBs as well. It varies depending on level though. To begin I really don't recommend 3/6 live unless you just are playing for fun or trying to learn. The rake is just too significant at that level to make it worth it. 5/10 is the minimum I think you need to play at to really expect any meaningful return long term. For 5/10 I usually buy in for 400. It just looks weak if you have to get money back out, and alot of times that results in people calling you more than they would otherwise.
This is a bad thing?
no worse than recommending playing 5/10 to someone who wants to buy in for $100 at a $3/6 and not reload.Seems thread appropriate.And Zach, more callers means you win less pots. less pots I tell you.
Solid point, my goal is always to win the most pots.

You guys sure do like to jump on people; no offense taken though, I can understand how my random thoughts might have seemed silly.As to the 5/10 comment, I wasn't really recommending he go play 5/10 with that amount of money; to be honest I don't think there's anything I could recommend that would do him much good. I was making a much more general comment that live play below 5/10 is never worth it for anything but learning or having fun. I still stand behind that comment and I don't think anyone would really disagree.As for more people calling you, I think it depends on what kind of game you're playing in. I hate losing equity on my semi-bluffs, as well as never getting folds on a lead bet. Some people might prefer the calls, and in some games I would, but just my own personal preference for the live games I usually play. (For online I would much prefer added calls.)

You guys sure do like to jump on people; no offense taken though, I can understand how my random thoughts might have seemed silly.As to the 5/10 comment, I wasn't really recommending he go play 5/10 with that amount of money; to be honest I don't think there's anything I could recommend that would do him much good. I was making a much more general comment that live play below 5/10 is never worth it for anything but learning or having fun. I still stand behind that comment and I don't think anyone would really disagree.As for more people calling you, I think it depends on what kind of game you're playing in. I hate losing equity on my semi-bluffs, as well as never getting folds on a lead bet. Some people might prefer the calls, and in some games I would, but just my own personal preference for the live games I usually play. (For online I would much prefer added calls.)
FWIW, you are absolutely right about 5/10. Live 3/6 is soooooo rake heavy, however they are usually so juicy that they can be beat, but since it's live and you'll see probably 25 hands/hour, then you really can't make much. (I assume we are talking live, right?)I was simply pointing out a very serous misconception most people make about limit poker. Most people want to win pots, whereas our goal is to win the most money, ie maximize our expected value. We don't necessarily want all folds, although, of course, sometimes we do.Anyways, cheers. I'm glad you took it better than the OP.- Zach