• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 coug2828

coug2828

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

I don't think you change a thing. You got dialogue that literally pop off the page aimed at shopping mall people.

I'd like to see Jim from "The Office" in the lead, the hot red head from "Starship Troopers" as the wife and Robert Loggia as the wise old mentor guy.

#42 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

View Postcoug2828, on 20 August 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

I don't think you change a thing. You got dialogue that literally pop off the page aimed at shopping mall people.

I'd like to see Jim from "The Office" in the lead, the hot red head from "Starship Troopers" as the wife and Robert Loggia as the wise old mentor guy.

look at this johnny come lately, making suggestions like he has a say. although we'll be stealing the robert loggia idea.
Spoiler

#43 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

off shoot idea: we remake OVER THE TOP with chris pratt as the lead.
Spoiler

#44 JubilantLankyLad

JubilantLankyLad

you can't see me!

• Members
  • 9,397 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PANDA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

look at this johnny come lately, making suggestions like he has a say. although we'll be stealing the robert loggia idea.
Yeah he can be the yakuza guy.
there were no special effects, no special effects.

#45 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

also i'm gonna nominate adam brody for the lead. here's a guy who i know can carry a film and deliver the kind of emotional impact we need from this character while also being generally likable and sexy at the same time.
Spoiler

#46 The Ocho

The Ocho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

I couldn't handle that. This guy needs to be pathetic, but in a loveable want to root for him way. It's got to be Aaron Paul.

The Quarterback for UNLV is Damon Wayans Jr. as an homage to The Last Boyscout.

View PostTheraflu, on 24 October 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Drinking alone makes being alone more awesome.

#47 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

agree on damon wayans jr. aaron paul might be too recognizable at this point as jesse the body pink man. if we want to skew older we can get the guy from friday night lights, coach taylor. goddamn i like that guy.
Spoiler

#48 The Ocho

The Ocho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

I think we need late 20's early 30's

#49 coug2828

coug2828

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

John Laroquette as the priest, DJ Qualls as the collection basket guy, Estelle Costanza as the annoyed old lady.

#50 The Ocho

The Ocho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

View Postcoug2828, on 20 August 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

John Laroquette as the priest, DJ Qualls as the collection basket guy, Estelle Costanza as the annoyed old lady.

What ****ing movie are you talking about. We have a wife, a whore, two babies, a yakuza and gambler and a black quarterback.

#51 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting - Wrote a Vegas/poker themed screenplay entitled "Vegas Knights" that won a 1st place award at the Nevada Film Festival, an honorable mention at the Las Vegas Film Festival, and was a quarterfinalist at the huge Scriptapalooza contest. Script still available.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold'em

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

To any guests to this site.

In the following pages there will be a few posters that ramble on (in many posts) about their own alleged screenplays.

If you don't want to read those ramblings, this site has a great function where you can place certain posters on ignore status so you can't see their posts. I don't think guests can do that until they sign up to the site. So if you want to ignore these posters just sign up to the site. After you do that and get an alias name, just click on your alias name at the very top of any page. It will then show you several settings. Just click on the "manage Ignore pref" tab. From there you can manage your ignore settings by typing in the name of the person whose posts you don't want to see anymore,

I currently have 5 people on ignore so I can't see their posts. It's a great function to tune out trolls and those that are annoying.

#52 coug2828

coug2828

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

and at least one montage with "The boys are back in town" playing in the background when things start to heat up at the tables for the hero.

#53 JubilantLankyLad

JubilantLankyLad

you can't see me!

• Members
  • 9,397 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

View PostVegas Knights, on 20 August 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

To those new to Full Contact poker or a guest, they have a neat function. You can place certain posters on ignore so you can't see their posts if you don't want to. I'm not sure if guests can do that but if you sign up to the site you will be able to ignore certain posters if you want to. You just go to your profile page and from there you can manage your ignore settings.

I currently have 5 people on ignore so I can't see their posts.
Did you know that if the post gets quotes, you're going to see it?

#54 JubilantLankyLad

JubilantLankyLad

you can't see me!

• Members
  • 9,397 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

agree on damon wayans jr. aaron paul might be too recognizable at this point as jesse the body pink man. if we want to skew older we can get the guy from friday night lights, coach taylor. goddamn i like that guy.

See?

#55 FARGOpokerND

FARGOpokerND

11-time National Champions!

• Members
  • 6,163 posts
  • Interests:POKER!
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

GOLD!!!

I LOVE the part where the church lady only puts in 50 cents yet scowls at the guy for putting in a $5 chip. LOL judging church ladies AMIRITE??

It is also funny how you call her out for being a hypocrite as she shushed Brad and Karen yet she feels it is fine to talk to her husband and Brad!!!

THIS MAY BE THE BEST WORK OF ART! I know something good when I see it...I see a lot of things in this world....and this Gerry is going to be AMAZING!!!

#56 frautotenkinder

frautotenkinder

Edna Mode + Sally Draper

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Smoky Paloma

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

View PostVegas Knights, on 19 August 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I...want to remind people that “Vegas Knights” was written mostly for mainstream mall-going America

Hi! I'm mainstream mall-going America, and I'd like to weigh in. I like where you're going here, and I'd like to see you punch up some of the details. Specifically, can you speak to costuming? What kind of t-shirt will our hero be wearing?

View PostVegas Knights, on 20 August 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

To those new to Full Contact poker or a guest, they have a neat function. You can place certain posters on ignore so you can't see their posts if you don't want to. I'm not sure if guests can do that but if you sign up to the site you will be able to ignore certain posters if you want to. You just go to your profile page and from there you can manage your ignore settings.

I currently have 5 people on ignore so I can't see their posts.

WHO ARE THEY
The above is my best decision in a while.

#57 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting - Wrote a Vegas/poker themed screenplay entitled "Vegas Knights" that won a 1st place award at the Nevada Film Festival, an honorable mention at the Las Vegas Film Festival, and was a quarterfinalist at the huge Scriptapalooza contest. Script still available.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

View PostFARGOpokerND, on 20 August 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

GOLD!!!

I LOVE the part where the church lady only puts in 50 cents yet scowls at the guy for putting in a $5 chip. LOL judging church ladies AMIRITE??

It is also funny how you call her out for being a hypocrite as she shushed Brad and Karen yet she feels it is fine to talk to her husband and Brad!!!

THIS MAY BE THE BEST WORK OF ART! I know something good when I see it...I see a lot of things in this world....and this Gerry is going to be AMAZING!!!
Hey, thanks a lot...

Actually I originally had Brad saying this:

CHURCH LADY
I can't believe you put that gambling chip in
the basket.

BRAD
I can't believe you only gave God a few
quarters.

But then I thought that although it's a good comeback, it's a little too snide a remark for Brad's character.

#58 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

View Postfrautotenkinder, on 20 August 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

Hi! I'm mainstream mall-going America, and I'd like to weigh in. I like where you're going here, and I'd like to see you punch up some of the details. Specifically, can you speak to costuming? What kind of t-shirt will our hero be wearing?
Well, the hero is basically level headed; on the other hand he doesn't take any crap from anyone. His best friend though is more of the wild one.

I really haven't thought much about what they'd be wearing yet. Brad and his friend are both around 26.

#59 SuperJon

SuperJon

<3

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostVegas Knights, on 20 August 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

Well, the hero is basically level headed; on the other hand he doesn't take any crap from anyone. His best friend though is more of the wild one.

Well in that case, get Matt Damon for the lead and Edward Norton for his best friend.

#60 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,394 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

View Postfrautotenkinder, on 20 August 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

I'll field this one. Our hero will be wearing a plain white tee to make him accessible to the audience but that white tee will retail for 3000 dollars so he will still look good.

Doyle, our thick cocked steipper friend will be wearing a an American flag tank top to show off that killer body and appeal to the patriot in us all.

No cargo shorts in this film. In my universe they don't exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users