Bottom Set Facing A Ton Of Aggression

I think I played the flop pretty standard. Not so sure about the turn and river.PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 3 :club: , 3 :D . 1 fold, Hero calls, 1 fold, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (5 SB) 9 :) , 5 :) , 3 :D(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP2 caps, Hero calls.Turn: (6.50 BB) Q :D(2 players)Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP2 caps, Hero calls.River: (14.50 BB) 8 :D(2 players)Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero calls.Final Pot: 18.50 BB

I think I b/c turn and c/c river. I doubt villain is capping a flush draw on the turn. An over pair would have raised preflop. The only hand I can think of that plays this way is a set of fives. But I can't fold a set here, unless I really knew my opponent.

without reads I agree with SCSb/c turn, c/c river
I would rather get a bit more money in this pot... maybe one more bet.bet/3-bet the turn, and if he caps, we can c/c the river, if not bet the river.
bet/3-bet the turn, and if he caps, we can c/c the river, if not bet the river.
i dont see what caps this flop and raises the turn that we beat other than maybe AQ :club: unless he's real loose and playing 95
i dont see what caps this flop and raises the turn that we beat other than maybe AQ :club: unless he's real loose and playing 95
Yeah, meh. Too much ultra aggro SH villains for me lately...
What about under representing the hand, and calling the flop raise, (being HU)And c/r the turn?
I kinda like that line, as long as we don't think he's stupid enough to raise in his position with a flush draw, otherwise I'd rather charge.If we do c/r the turn, are we capping if 3-bet, since we've underrepped our hand?
I kinda like that line, as long as we don't think he's stupid enough to raise in his position with a flush draw, otherwise I'd rather charge.If we do c/r the turn, are we capping if 3-bet, since we've underrepped our hand?
it's closenot me, though, against normal players.I think a call of the 3-bet allows us to c/c against a few worse hands on the riverWhereas a cap, and we either b/c? river or check and lose value against worse hands now afaid to bet.info goes both ways

Not sure open limping early position with 33 is the best full ring, although if the table is passive i suppose you could take the chance of seeing a cheap flop. As to the hand post flop i think i play it the same way. I know that optimum play is optimum play, but at this level the op could just as easily limped with AA kk. he could have 6-7 clubs, or just the flush draw, which would explain the jam on the flop but not the turn.I call the raise on the river only because i cant put him on a hand, but i still cap turn because it feels like some kind of draw. If he did spike a set on the flop, then thats unlucky. Unless you have a strong read, theres nothing wrong with raising for value. Set over set is a difficult read to make and playing too cautiously in this situation is likely to lose you more in lost value than you save in making occasional correct reads. Although obviously if your reading abilities are superb, ignore the last sentence.

I call the raise on the river only because i cant put him on a hand, but i still cap turn because it feels like some kind of draw. Set over set is a difficult read to make
what kinda draw caps the flop and raises the turn? also, we cant cap the turnthe second part is generally right. but on some boards, such as this one, there's just not much else villain could have
How about c/r/c turn, and c/c river?4 BB sounds good to me.
meaning we just called the flop raise?i dont like giving potential free flush cards
meaning we just called the flop raise?i dont like giving potential free flush cards
Na, I still 3-bet the flop, but when he caps, it's pretty obvious he's going to bet the turn, imo.I doubt he has a draw, meh. You're right, I would hate to have it check through on the turn, but most of the time, when they will cap the flop, they'll continue to semi bluff on the turn, if they do have a draw.
Na, I still 3-bet the flop, but when he caps, it's pretty obvious he's going to bet the turn, imo.I doubt he has a draw, meh. You're right, I would hate to have it check through on the turn, but most of the time, when they will cap the flop, they'll continue to semi bluff on the turn, if they do have a draw.
if we still 3-bet the flop, c/r the turn after he caps, then im down with that line
huh?You all really think this is a fd nearly enough to worry about that?AND he''ll ALWAYS bet with the fd anyway, given he played it this way so far.
Yeah, that's pretty much my thinking.
huh?You all really think this is a fd nearly enough to worry about that?
i didnt like just calling his flop raise and then c/r the turnafter we 3-bet and he caps, i like c/r the turn, though.
i didnt like just calling his flop raise and then c/r the turnafter we 3-bet and he caps, i like c/r the turn, though.
I think you are missing the point.When Villain caps, we are too behind to c/r. (unless he's real loose, laggy)It's the lack of info from the flop that makes a turn c/r potentially profitable.Once Villain caps flop, I'd say we are less like to get to c/r when we are ahead.
I think you are missing the point.When Villain caps, we are too behind to c/r. (unless he's real loose, laggy)It's the lack of info from the flop that makes a turn c/r potentially profitable.Once Villain caps flop, I'd say we are less like to get to c/r when we are ahead.
I just wanted to put in more bets on the big streets than bet/call, c/c.

In this particular hand, the amount of counter-aggression we are facing certainly may represent one of the few hands that has us beat.My standard play would be:Flop: Full aggressionTurn: Bet-callRiver: Bet-call--CM

In this particular hand, the amount of counter-aggression we are facing certainly may represent one of the few hands that has us beat.My standard play would be:Flop: Full aggressionTurn: Bet-callRiver: Bet-call--CM
I'm down with this line.