3-better C/r Me Hu On Flop

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Jclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif. 5 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero calls.Flop: (7 SB) Kclub.gif, Qheart.gif, 5heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero folds?Should we have bet the flop in the first place? If you check the flop, do you call down? If you check the flop do you bet the turn and river when checked to? If you bet do you think our two pair/trip outs are good enough to call when he c/r? I dont think its a real option, but does anyone call down?

damn he's nasty for .25/.50. theres 10 bets in the pot you have to at least see the turn. if you hit two pair or trips i'de raise the turn and then call down if he makes it three.i'de watch if this guy ever checks the flop heads up like that with a weak hand. in general if somebody checks there always bet, but against this guy you might not want to again unless you want the action.

how light have you been Opening from there?how staunch of a blind defender is he?I'd call and fold the turn UI.Probably raise 2 pair or tripsSometimes wait until river to raise3-betting will fold mid pairs on flop or at least kill futre actionI check behind on turn and bet/call river, if he checks both streets.

I despise QJ. Without knowing the players to my left, I fold. With the right reads, I would open raise it.3 bet and a check raise on that flop should be AK, AA, KK, QQ. You are getting odds to see the turn if you think your five outs are good. I would probably move on to the next hand.I would raise/call down if I saw the turn and hit 2 pair.Oh yea, I wouldn't lead the flop.

I check this flop, and no that's not results oriented knowing we get c/r'edwhat 3-bets pf and checks this flop?
TT/JJ ? AJs sometimes.And then the point can be made to let those hands have a free card and maybe hang themselves on the turn.Are you Calling down then?

Some of you guys really fold this preflop. I think its pretty standard to open from the hijack with QJo. Personally I think QJo is closer to an open 3 off the button than it is to a fold in the hijack.

Some of you guys really fold this preflop. I think its pretty standard to open from the hijack with QJo. Personally I think QJo is closer to an open 3 off the button than it is to a fold in the hijack.
Pretty easy open for me from MP3. I'll open QJo from any spot except UTG in 6 max, so that's the same as opening from Button, CO, MP3 in FR.
Pretty easy open for me from MP3. I'll open QJo from any spot except UTG in 6 max, so that's the same as opening from Button, CO, MP3 in FR.
Same standard for me. I cant believe people are folding this hand here. And I thought I had tighter opening standards then most here.

I open raise here as well.Villain's flop check after a preflop 3bet is suspicious.It obviosuly means one of these two things:- A slowplayed better hand (AK+)- A scared wose hand (underpair)I don't think a bet from us on the flop accomplishes a whole lot in either case.At best, it gains 1 small bet from a lesser hand who feels compelled to check-call the whole way down.At worst, we get check-raised and are put in a very uncomfortable situation in which it will be quite difficult to choose the right path to proceed.I feel that we can best use the power of position here by checking.If Villain was slowplaying the flop, checking foils this plan.And we can call down cheaper.If Villain was checking a worse hand to gain information, we didn't give it to him.And it is he that is in the awkward situation on the turn.If he held Tens and was willing to fold on this bad flop, he will likely feel obligated to call down now after our flop check.Conclusion:I check behind on the flop.And yes, once we check and under-represent our 2nd pair, I think we are forced to call down thereafter.--CM

AJ is the only hand i dont want to give a free card to, and most players wont 3-bet AJ
When you check behind are you calling down? If he checks to you are you betting both the turn and river?
When you check behind are you calling down? If he checks to you are you betting both the turn and river?
yeah, if he checks the turn, im betting. if he just calls, ill bet the river when checked to as well. that line would very often be JJ or TT instead of AK or AQif we get c/r on the turn, i could consider folding. the pot would be around 6 BB and it would cost us 2 more to call down. however, id wanna see what he was playing, and id prolly call down out of curiosity
yeah, if he checks the turn, im betting. if he just calls, ill bet the river when checked to as well. that line would very often be JJ or TT instead of AK or AQif we get c/r on the turn, i could consider folding. the pot would be around 6 BB and it would cost us 2 more to call down. however, id wanna see what he was playing, and id prolly call down out of curiosity
Are you calling down if he bets out on the turn after you check the flop?
whoa whoa whoa...not the same. 5 folds means theoretically there's a higher density of high cards behind you. The raise is questionable but fine.The flop fold makes no sense. i like the b/c line. Fold if unimproved.OP, you should not think about calling 2.5 BB's, call 0.5 BB's and reevaluate.
whoa whoa whoa...not the same. 5 folds means theoretically there's a higher density of high cards behind you. The raise is questionable but fine.The flop fold makes no sense. i like the b/c line. Fold if unimproved.OP, you should not think about calling 2.5 BB's, call 0.5 BB's and reevaluate.
I think its best to play preflop the same as if you were playing shorthanded and the utg folded. 5 folds also means more Qs and Js on the flop too. Also when I got c/r on the flop I wasn't making a decision to calldown or not. I just thought that we needed 4 outs here to making calling the flop and folding the turn ui profitable and at the time I thought our 5 outs were dirty, but after more consideration I agree that I should have called because I wasnt considering metagame or even my bdsd which I feel makes it a call.
5 folds means theoretically there's a higher density of high cards behind you.
This is incorrect.People don't play KTo, K9o, even A8o etc in EP, JTo, Q9o, K3o, A5o... I can go on...
This is incorrect.People don't play KTo, K9o, even A8o etc in EP, JTo, Q9o, K3o, A5o... I can go on...
They are still more likely to play those hands then low cards, but I just dont think it should come into our thought process because even if it does change the value of our hand it doesnt change it much.FYI Barry Greenstein has said that at a ten handed table if it was folded to him in the sb and he got it all in with AK vs 22 he would rather have the AK due to there being a greter number of As and Ks left in the deck. I dont have a link sorry.
no, his theory has merit.Consider the hands you do play from up front.Many of them contain and Ace.Or 77+ Now, whether or not it changes the likelihood of better hands behind you to make any adjutments (as compared to 6 Max), is highly marginal. I'd ignore it.
FYI Barry Greenstein has said that at a ten handed table if it was folded to him in the sb and he got it all in with AK vs 22 he would rather have the AK due to there being a greter number of As and Ks left in the deck. I dont have a link sorry.
This doesn't make any sense anyways, it's the same coinflip as it was if it were dealt heads up. It's not like they say it's a coinflip by assuming one ace and one king were already folded.
This doesn't make any sense anyways, it's the same coinflip as it was if it were dealt heads up. It's not like they say it's a coinflip by assuming one ace and one king were already folded.
we agree it's neglible, in Hero's hand here for sure.BUT Bayesian supports the value of AK being slightly increased if it folds to SBSeriously.
we agree it's neglible, in Hero's hand here for sure.BUT Bayesian supports the value of AK being slightly increased if it folds to SBSeriously.
Compared to what?It is EXACTLY the same if we compared it to standard hot/cold equity, which is what I'm saying.That doesn't make it any more of a favorite over 22 than before.And by favorite, I mean 52-48 dog.
Compared to what?It is EXACTLY the same if we compared it to standard hot/cold equity, which is what I'm saying.That doesn't make it any more of a favorite over 22 than before.And by favorite, I mean 52-48 dog.
Actually, it's more of a favorite than being dealt HU.If we assume that Ax and KJ+, K9s gets played more than other card combos from the other players.And that is a safe assumptionGiven no one calls before us, it increases the likelihood of more Aces&Kings in the deck.