Poker Player Goes And 14k Downswing And Stabs Himself In Foot.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not fake. Im slightly ashamed to admit it but I've also had similar episodes to the kind this guy is describing. Often when Im on my own and Ive lost a couple of hundred dollars or when I feel like nothing is going my way, when I feel like all the hands and hours I have put in mean nothing and that I will never move up to the next level, even though I have come so ****ing close on so many occassions to winning 5k+ MTTs. After you feel like you've been completely gutted and taken apart at the tables...after you start thinking about how hard it is gonna be to break even, much less actually make a profit at those fucking low stakes MTTs/SNGs...when you start thinking about all the beats you've taken ...when you feel like the whole world is against you and the poker gods are up there laughing their ass off at you "HAHA, you thought you would win 5k today huh kid!?? Well guess what, you're not gonna win shit, EVER!! We're just gonna give all that money you lost to Gibler321 and JOE CADA!!! FUCK YES IT'S BEAUTIFUL! You're not gonna be the next wonder kid online, you're gonna be the next bust out in the daily 30k, ooohh 225th, enjoy your 50 bux, close that time kid, maybe your AA will hold next time!!! You want a WSOP bracelet huh kid!!?? Well guess what, you're not even gonna final table a fcking $11 MTT, so how do you plan on even getting a seat into a WSOP event, much less actually winning it huh??. IT WILL NEVER, EVER HAPPEN YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER, DONT YOU GET IT!!!??? NEVVERRRRR. LOOK AT HOW MUCH TIME YOU HAVE TO PUT INTO THIS STUPID GAME, and for WHAT? YOU'RE STILL 50 bux down for the day!!!! HAHAHAHAhahaha you're pathetic, fucking pathetic"..when all these negative thoughts start flooding into you're head, its hard to keep control sometimes cause it feels like you're never gonna win and you're always gonna be stuck. Hell, I'll admit I go a little crazy sometimes when im on my own and I dont think any1 is watching. I mean, Ive never stabbed myself, but I sure as hell have smashed myself in the face a few times just out of pure frustrating and anger. Ive never had knives around in my room when Im playing, but who knows I might have used one on impulse if there was the right combination of hopelessnes, frustration and anger. I dont really think about it when it's happening, it's just the emotions coming out. Sometimes I've punched the wall so hard it makes my knuckles bleed, and one time I punched my door so hard there was a hole clean through. Then when you think about it later you're like, "I cant believe I reacted like that!? That was so retarded wtf!". I think that maybe it's a way of trying to make the pain inside go away by hurting yourself on the outside or some psychiatric blah blah blah thing like that. Maybe its just a way to get your anger out. idk. Ive also had alot of ridiculous tantrums like the guy describes, where I hit things and roll around on the floor sobbing like a little bitch..its pretty pathetic I know but it's tough to hold it in when you're hurting so bad, when all the negative thoughts come in. Then just like the guy said, directly after it happens I talk to my friends so calmly and I even joke around or whatever like it never happend.The thing is, I know that Im a very good poker player right, but if you dont run good in this game that means shit, we all know it and sometimes it's just so frustrating that I cant take it. I could be playing as good as the guy that went on to win the tourney for 6k 1st place and subsequently went on to win the millie, but I didnt get it because I lost the big hand where I was favourite, and he didnt. Now im stuck here with a couple of hundred bucks, and that guy has $250k and thinks he is a better player than me just cause he ran good and I didnt. That's the bottem line that drives me insane sometimes. The amount of time I have put into this game is ridiculous and essentially it means nothing. If you've played poker as long as I have, you'll realise that it is an extremely frustrating game most of the time, and the most beautiful game some of the time. In poker, I live for those beautiful moments, but they rarely happen for me because I just dont get chosen. Things like that are reserved for those who are chosen, and that's the damn truth whether we want to admit it or not.

It's not fake. Im slightly ashamed to admit it but I've also had similar episodes to the kind this guy is describing. Often when Im on my own and Ive lost a couple of hundred dollars or when I feel like nothing is going my way, when I feel like all the hands and hours I have put in mean nothing and that I will never move up to the next level, even though I have come so ****ing close on so many occassions to winning 5k+ MTTs. After you feel like you've been completely gutted and taken apart at the tables...after you start thinking about how hard it is gonna be to break even, much less actually make a profit at those fucking low stakes MTTs/SNGs...when you start thinking about all the beats you've taken ...when you feel like the whole world is against you and the poker gods are up there laughing their ass off at you "HAHA, you thought you would win 5k today huh kid!?? Well guess what, you're not gonna win shit, EVER!! We're just gonna give all that money you lost to Gibler321 and JOE CADA!!! FUCK YES IT'S BEAUTIFUL! You're not gonna be the next wonder kid online, you're gonna be the next bust out in the daily 30k, ooohh 225th, enjoy your 50 bux, close that time kid, maybe your AA will hold next time!!! You want a WSOP bracelet huh kid!!?? Well guess what, you're not even gonna final table a fcking $11 MTT, so how do you plan on even getting a seat into a WSOP event, much less actually winning it huh??. IT WILL NEVER, EVER HAPPEN YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER, DONT YOU GET IT!!!??? NEVVERRRRR. LOOK AT HOW MUCH TIME YOU HAVE TO PUT INTO THIS STUPID GAME, and for WHAT? YOU'RE STILL 50 bux down for the day!!!! HAHAHAHAhahaha you're pathetic, fucking pathetic"..when all these negative thoughts start flooding into you're head, its hard to keep control sometimes cause it feels like you're never gonna win and you're always gonna be stuck. Hell, I'll admit I go a little crazy sometimes when im on my own and I dont think any1 is watching. I mean, Ive never stabbed myself, but I sure as hell have smashed myself in the face a few times just out of pure frustrating and anger. Ive never had knives around in my room when Im playing, but who knows I might have used one if there was the right combination of hopelessnes, frustration and anger. I dont really think about it when it's happening, it's just the emotions coming out. Sometimes I've punched the wall so hard it makes my knuckles bleed, and one time I punched my door so hard there was a hole clean through. Then when you think about it later you're like, "I cant believe I reacted like that!? That was so retarded wtf!". I think that maybe it's a way of trying to make the pain inside go away by hurting yourself on the outside or some psychiatric blah blah blah thing like that. Maybe its just a way to get your anger out. idk. Ive also had alot of ridiculous tantrums like the guy describes, where I hit things and roll around on the floor sobbing like a little bitch..its pretty pathetic I know but it's tough to hold it in when you're hurting so bad, when all the negative thoughts come in. Then just like the guy said, directly after it happens I talk to my friends so calmly and I even joke around or whatever like it never happend.The thing is, I know that Im a very good poker player right, but if you dont run good in this game that means shit, we all know it and sometimes it's just so frustrating that I cant take it. I could be playing as good as the guy that went on to win the tourney for 6k 1st place and subsequently went on to win the millie, but I didnt get it because I lost the big hand where I was favourite, and he didnt, and that's the bottem line that drives me insane sometimes. The amount of time I have put into this game is ridiculous and essentially it means nothing. If you've played poker as long as I have, you'll realise that it is an extremely frustrating game most of the time, and the most beautiful game some of the time. In poker, I live for those beautiful moments, but they rarely happen for me because I just dont get chosen. Things like that are reserved for those who are chosen, and that's the damn truth whether we want to admit it or not.
cool story broinb4 tehtoe

It only happens when Im alone. If im playing live or there is some1 else in the house with me, I can stay relativly calm. But if im alone all bets are off. And thats exactly what this guy is saying, good thing I read this thread cause the more Im reading the more Im realising that I might have ended up doing a similar thing to myself...hell at least this guy has won $150k, whereas I have won what...maybe 5k total profit? loldirect quote from that crazy guy:"ya i actually used to play live alotnah this sort of thing is something that happens only when i am completely alone or else i wouldn't be able to get into such a state of masochistic rage...i rarely get mad at other players if that makes any sense, just the game itself... when im live sometimes ill say something a little off color but i never have gone nuts really except one time"This is some scary shit for me personally.

sick boy, did you abuse your self while on drugs? Or was this all sober.
When Im 100% sober it becomes more frustrating because I am trying so hard to concentrate and play good poker, when I keep getting fucked over I start to feel so helpless and frustrated, it becomes to much to handle. I start to look at things more realistically and for me, thats when it becomes hard to control my emotions. When I was high I didnt really give a shit at all, I just wanted my brain to be stimulated to make the high more intense.I think that when I was high I would generally throw less tantrams and take things way easier. I played way worse though because I was in a different state of mind and saw things from a different perspective, which did not exactly do wonders for my postflop play.This may vary person to person though.EDIT: and just to get it straight, Im not like some emo kid who cuts himself. I dont enjoy hurting myself at all and after it happens I feel like a complete moron and just wana concentrate on what I need to do to win my money back.
Sick Boy you need to find a new hobby. Not trying to be mean or funny.
I play guitar.lol.Look dude I could never quit poker. It's just to much fun. The only problem is that Im to passionate about it and when things dont work out for me it hurts so bad. I just wish I could break through and it's frustrating that it's not happening and probably never will.It's not like Im freaking out over bad beats, im freaking out over the situation im in.
is this when your alter ego makes an appearance?
:club:
No offense, but I think it's a little arrogant to think of yourself as "a very good poker player".
Im not offended at all and I see exactly what you're saying. Maybe it might be a little arrogant. Tbh I think im pretty good. Maybe not VERY good, but i've definatly seen alot of hands.EDIT: Let me put it this way, Im definatly better than Lurbz. :PEDITT: JK obv.

i remember when i first got into poker and wa losing a ton left n right i broke two vhs tapes over my head def had rage issues moronic and funny to look back at, so amazing how immature we are while young and 7 years later you can def notice and have a totaly differant mind set.

i remember when i first got into poker and wa losing a ton left n right i broke two vhs tapes over my head def had rage issues moronic and funny to look back at, so amazing how immature we are while young and 7 years later you can def notice and have a totaly differant mind set.
I know right!? Lol
you guys are crazy, all i have done is break about 10k computer mouses
Break 10thousand mouses (aprox $20 each) < Smash yourself in the face ???
No offense, but I think it's a little arrogant to think of yourself as "a very good poker player".
Actually that's normal - everyone I know thinks they are very good at poker. Sometimes people get lucky and that reinforces that view. If people wouldn't assume that they are good poker players, they wouldn't even be playing, so overall it's all right that it works that way.