*official Michigan/osu Smack Talk Thread*

Even though they had horrible games against Ball St. and Illinois, both teams look to be rolling to Colombus undefeated. So here it is, the official thread to talk smack about this matchup.In order to keep the thread going, I will post one reason why Michigan will win everyday until the game.Reason #1: Michigan's Rushing DefenseAllowing only 30.3 Yards per game, the Michigan Wolverines have the number 1 rushing defense in the nation. They have the best chance to shut down Antonio Pittman, and even Ohio State's offense isn't as good when they're made 1 dimensional. The linebacking core will be the key, making sure that Lamarr Woodley and Prescott Burgess can penetrate into the backfield and make the negative yardage plays.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to Zimmer I will post a reason why Ohio State will beat Michigan.Reason #1: Michigan's Pass Defense: Michigan is ranked 76th in the country in passing defense. With receivers like Ted Ginn, Anthony Gonzales, and a quarterback like Troy Smith, Ohio St. can exploit this weakness in the Michigan D.

i will post some here for ohio state also. as for jadakis comment this is not notre dame it is the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. what happened previously to these two teams can be thrown out the window. they play as if it is a 11 and 0 season every year. but im hear to brag about them boys that play defense in columbus. yea we bend but we dont break. ohio states WHOLE defense is ranked in the top ten of the country. WOW who would of thunk it. lol. anyways lets give credit where credit is due. michigans rush defense is awesome and ohio states offense is awesome. michigans offense is pretty impressive too, wow and ohio states defense came from nowhere this year.my prediction is ohio state-24 and michigan-21 in one for the ages.

as for jadakis comment this is not notre dame it is the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY.
OK... yea your not Notre Dame, but is it really nessesary to put Ohio State University in all caps, it's almost as cheesy as when they do play intros in the NFL and the guys from Miami say "the U!!!"I would be really happy if this game lives up to the hype.

i understand what you are saying about all caps. sry. but in ohio thats how we do things its known as the ohio state university. i beleive it will live up to all the hype at least i hope so cause i did buy two tickets for the game.

Reason #2: Mike Hart#20 has been an absolute beast for Michigan this year, averaging almost 5 yards per carry, and 128.1 Yards per game. He is the key to the Michigan offense, allowing Michigan to control the clock and march down the field consistently. An absolute workhorse, he has logged 259 carries this year. Mike Hart can pound down the OSU Defense, and be the key for Michigan to take over the game.

In response to rocketpoker828...How is Troy Smith going to complete passes when he is staring at the turf. Ask Brady Quinn if you don't know what I am talking about.
Troy Smith has far more mobility in the pocket than Quinn. Also, if Michigan blitzes, you're leaving the secondary open for the bubble screen, as well as quick passes to Ginn or Gonzales.I do see your point, and IMO whoever wins the battles in the trenches is going to win this game.
OK... yea your not Notre Dame, but is it really nessesary to put Ohio State University in all caps, it's almost as cheesy as when they do play intros in the NFL and the guys from Miami say "the U!!!"I would be really happy if this game lives up to the hype.
OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

Who needs to spell? Just like a michiganner to confuse the issue. Trying to distract people with all this spelling talk will not protect the candy asses you guys call a football team.:club:

Who needs to spell? Just like a michiganner to confuse the issue. Trying to distract people with all this spelling talk will not protect the candy asses you guys call a football team.:club:
But you fucked it up, so you lose. I thought it was supposed to be "THE" OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY according to everyone in Ohio.I thought thats just how they do things there
But you fucked it up, so you lose. I thought it was supposed to be "THE" OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY according to everyone in Ohio.I thought thats just how they do things there
if you have ever notice when any person from tOSU is interveiwed they stress, the. it is how they seperated themselves from ohio university years ago. not sure why but it is a big tradition here in ohio. i personnally am damn proud to. haveing graduated from there and ending up doing something completely different then my major. ohh well i guess thats how it goes.
if you have ever notice when any person from tOSU is interveiwed they stress, the. it is how they seperated themselves from ohio university years ago. not sure why but it is a big tradition here in ohio. i personnally am damn proud to. haveing graduated from there and ending up doing something completely different then my major. ohh well i guess thats how it goes.
It's just OSU's way to make themselves feel more important than everyone else. I thought we were playing the other Ohio State University in 2 weeks, but I was mistaken. Thankfully OSU fans cleared that up by defining themselves.
It's just OSU's way to make themselves feel more important than everyone else. I thought we were playing the other Ohio State University in 2 weeks, but I was mistaken. Thankfully OSU fans cleared that up by defining themselves.
its been that way for fifty years not just this year. we also give the best direction to michigan stadium also. go north till you smell it. turn right go straight till you step in it.
its been that way for fifty years not just this year. we also give the best direction to michigan stadium also. go north till you smell it. turn right go straight till you step in it.
I didn't know greatness had a smell, but I guess it does.I know it's kinda the same day, but it's two different days.Reason #3 that Michigan will beat Ohio State: Chad HenneHe's now in his third year of starting and finally is running this offense like he is capable of doing. Lloyd Carr has given Henne more control at the line, and his passing, while not spectacular, is accurate and efficient. Like Ben Roethlisberger did in 2005, Henne takes the backseat to the running game, then makes the big play when Michigan needs it. He also can control the offense in the two minute drill, even though it hasn't been necessary this year.

tOSU will have a true text with michigan. i think we are in henne's head so shouldnt have to worry about him to much his record proves that. hes also i think, now im going off the top of my head here, 1-5 against tOSU and bowl games. also troy smith is the wolverine killer. since this is all in good fun. we also have the Animals kid as our stellar linebacker who is up for the butkus this year. WOW you say how will michigan answer to all of these guns tOSU has. they cant simple as that they just cant. whaaahahahaha

That would be the smell of tradition, and the most successful college football team in history.
Just to add my 2 cents, don't think you're special in that saying. IU has it for Purdue...Purdue has it for IU, Penn State for Pitt...Pitt for Penn State, and many, many other schools. For some reason, an OSU fan I know thought it was this great, original saying of theirs.
Just to add my 2 cents, don't think you're special in that saying. IU has it for Purdue...Purdue has it for IU, Penn State for Pitt...Pitt for Penn State, and many, many other schools. For some reason, an OSU fan I know thought it was this great, original saying of theirs.
its well used in all of the schools i know of. it was meant as a joke. wow you guys read the title of this, *official Michigan/osu Smack Talk Thread*. lol!!!! glad you all could figure it out on your own. hahahaha.
its well used in all of the schools i know of. it was meant as a joke. wow you guys read the title of this, *official Michigan/osu Smack Talk Thread*. lol!!!! glad you all could figure it out on your own. hahahaha.
I know it was a joke...and I don't give a shit about either school so it's not like I was defending UM.
I know it was a joke...and I don't give a shit about either school so it's not like I was defending UM.
im not sure why you wouldve said something then if you knew it was a joke. Anyways lets get back to the game.
im not sure why you wouldve said something then if you knew it was a joke. Anyways lets get back to the game.
For some reason, an OSU fan I know thought it was this great, original saying of theirs.
Was it that hard to figure out?

thats what i was trying to figure out. not sure how you wouldnt have known. ok here we go the yards i believe will be relatively close.tOSU-287michigan-305im not sure about my earlier score prediction just found out some insider info about troy smith. hopefully it dont matter when they play michigan.im going with these scorestOSU- 14 michigan-10

Reason #4: Mario ManninghamManningham will be back and 100% for the Ohio State game, which is a huge boost for Michigan's offense. He is a legitimate big play threat down the field, as well as an excellent route runner. He can attract double coverage allowing for single coverage on other receivers, and can even beat double coverage sometimes. Look for big plays to Mario if Michigan's running game can control the line and bring safeties into the box.