Wsop Asia Pacific Main Event - Daniel Wins 5Th Bracelet And $1 Million

The $10K buyin NL Holdem Main Event at the 2013 WSOP Asia Pacific at the Crown Poker Room in Melbourne, Australia has begun and Daniel is playing.

Updates are provided by Poker Listings and the WSOP website while Daniel will be tweeting his usual updates.

Good Luck Daniel

http://www.pokerlist...pac/2013/event5

https://twitter.com/...er/with_replies

Daniel's Twitter Updates

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 2h

About to start WSOPA main event with Damien Rice on the playlist. Will do chip updates every break to the @dnchips account

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 44m

Having fun being my goofy absurd self at the table. Only think that would improve this shindig is a few drinks! Rocking to Bob Marley bupbup

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 35m

@DNChips 53k end level 1 started with 30k oh yeah!!! Eat somma that!!!!

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 34m

If I ever did drugs I'd be such a crazy person! Natural vegan weirdo high I guess.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 17m

@dnchips 62,900 end level 2 yup yup got the chippies and feelin fly. High on life and all that jazz. What whaaaat. Slightly Kookoo atm

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 5m

Attention! The small bag of pretzels in the machine here are $3! We must stand united against such tyranny! No one buy these pretzels!!!!

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 1h

@dnchips 71,825 end level 3 jammin to all kinds from Adele to Die Antwoord they be some crazy South Africans them! #zefzone

Awww sweet woman went and got me a bag of pretzels from the grocery store! Ha thanks they are yummy!

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 33m

@dnchips 81,175 end level 4 was down to 35k then doubled with JJ vs QT flop 986 J 6 on river. One more level to go.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 59m

Ended day 1 of WSOPA main event with 136,050 and that's pretty good. Should be top 10 ish. Restart tomorrow 2pm local time

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 30m

OK so maybe I'm chipleader then: http://www.pokerlist...ve-update-36237 … well that's cool

DAY 2

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 6h

@DNChips 147,150 end level 6 rockin out to Biggie and the Bad Boys 10 year anniversary album. #oldschool

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 3h

@DNChips 158,225 end level 7 got moved to a new table with some punks who want to get frisky preflop. Medicine coming. Blinds 400-800 next

@dnchips end level 8 149,700 dinner break. My first losing level of the tournament. Heads are gonna roll. Not cool bro!

@DNChips 193,400 end level 9 two levels left in the night. Doin my thang

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 8m

@dnchips 249,600 end level 10 onetime to go! Long day but feeling good

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 39m

Another great day 338,100 to finish day 2 with about 100 players left WSOPA over a milly for first. Having fun this tourney for sure

Day 3

94 players left I'm 5th in chips to start the day: http://www.pokerlist...t5/live-updates … 40 get paid, but only one gets a bracelet. Yup.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 8h

@dnchips 471,500 78 players left soul crushing and not bothering to take names. What's the point? 40 placed paid end level 12

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 7h

Attention poker decision makers across the world- for rulings and structures ask how does Vegas do it? Then do it EXACTLY like that. Simple!

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 6h

@dnchips 385,500 end level 13 they will pay for that! 62 players left

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 4h

@dnchips 251,500 46 players left 40 get paid and avg is 258k. Ran into the nuts like 10 hands in a row! That's over- time to crush and stuff

@dnchips 244,500 end level 15 43 players left avg is 280k pays 40 spots next blind is 2500-5000 on dinner break now. This is fun.

41 players left on the bubble now for the last 40 minutes WSOPA. I'm doing well with 391k avg is 296k. First place is a cool million

@dnchips 607k end level 17 one level left 29 players left avg is about 430k I'm top 5 ish right now

15 players left I ended the day with 827k and excited for tomorrow! Avg is 810k and lot of good players left like @MagicAntonio etc.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 23m

I Cruised through day 3 and am 7/15. Travolta is 6/15: http://www.pokerlist...ent5/chip-count … play down to final table tomorrow.

DAY 4

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 5h

My view from the table in Melbourne. 15 left and lots of people on the rail. pic.twitter.com/CXc9cH13ra

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 4h

End level 19 just hit the milly mark for the first time with 1,001,000. Avg is 935k 13 players left WSOPA 6k-12k next #bracelethunting

1,299,000 end level 20, 10 players left avg is 1.2 mill WSOP. 8k-16k next level and I'm playing pretty darn good today. #bracelethunting

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 1m

End level 21 closing in on the chiplead with 2,552,000 I think Benny Spindler still has slightly more. Avg is 1.35 mill 9 left

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 3m

Correction- I AM the Chipleader but there are three other guys over 2 million also. Won LOTS of small pots that round

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 10m

2,437,000 to end the day we are are the final 8, resuming tomorrow and there IS a livestream. @MagicAntonio fell in 9th with AK vs QQ.

FINAL TABLE

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 2m

4,105,000 to end level 22 that was a good level! Big chip lead now 8 players left and 12 milly in play so I got a third of the chips WSOPA

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 54s

I'm not going to say what I had those two hands but will reveal when it all over. Blinds going to 12-24k stream at http://www.pokerlistings.com

4,351,000 end level 23 still 8 left blinds going to 15k-30k lots of shorties are gonna have to move soon.Over a third of chips in play I got

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 17m

4,744.000 off to dinner break for an hour still 7 left I've been Cruise-Ing so far. No one else has 2 million

Up to 5,480,000 end level 25 5 players left blinds going to 25k-50k avg is 2.4 mill. I'm having a good bit of fun with these gents!

6,230,000 end level 25 got half the chips 4 handed going to 30k-60k 10k ante next. I'm just having a blast. The key to success? FUN!

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 11m

Just won a sick hand! AQ vs J9 board JJQ4... Q! 9.3 mill now

11 million to 1 million about to start the heads up. So close I can taste it!!!! pic.twitter.com/4GzTKydH6q

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 22m

Money has arrived pic.twitter.com/CDb2nN36dz

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker 15m

I won!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! Very happy right now. Thanks to all my friends and family for giving me the confidence I needed! So happy!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WSOP APAC $10,000 Main Event Day 4 Ends 5 minutes ago           Chip leader Benny Spindler     The sun has set on Day 4 of the WSOP APAC $10,000 Main Event and we finally have our official

Yup I'll post links closer to when things start.

gogogogogogo gl Daniel tid this

Negreanu Likes the Pain and… the Chips

1 hour ago

CroppedImage320180-IMG5881.JPG

Masochist - Negreanu

Daniel Negreanu just played a very entertaining hand, which began when he loudly declared to the table, “Raise to 250, come and get it” from early position and bobbed up excitedly in his seat. An opponent at the opposite end of the table looked like he was interested, prompting Negreanu to announce, “Give me some pain – I like it!”

Whether it persuaded the opponent to put in more chips or not, he did so, making it 850 to go. Negreanu was the only one to call and the dealer tabled the flop of 9♠ 7♦ 9♣.

Negreanu checked and then raised his opponent’s 1100 bet to 3100. The opponent called and the turn K♣ came down. Negreanu fired another 5600 into the middle, which was again called. On the river 8♦ he still didn’t slow down, immediately firing 12000 more into the pot.

His opponent was much slower to call this time but eventually did, only to see that Negreanu’s antics had all been a fortuitous smokescreen for a flopped full house holding 7♣ 7♠ and his opponent mucked. Genius!

Negreanu now sits on a very healthy stack of 51,000 in chips.

Negreanu crosses sixty

1 hour ago

CroppedImage320180-1R8A1351.jpg

Negreanu now has double the starting stack

Negreanu has cracked the 60,000 chips mark.

Three players were faced with a 2♣ 4♠ 8♣ flop in a raised pot. The small blind checked and Negreanu did the same from the big blind.

Daniel Neilson was in middle position and bet 800. The small blind called and Negreanu raised to 2,800.

Both players called and a 5♥ came on the turn.

The small blind checked again and Negreanu bet 6,100. Neilson folded and the small blind called, bringing an 8♠ on the river.

Both players checked this time and Negreanu showed T♥ T♠ while while his opponent mucked. This hand pushed Negreanu up to about 61,000.

Negreanu Channels Freddy Mercury

1 hour ago

CroppedImage320180-IMG5459.JPG

Negreanu makes another bite the dust

Daniel Negreanu has been moved to Table 50 but being amongst new faces hasn’t slowed him down one bit. He’s now up to 70,000 after busting out an opponent. It all went down when Negreanu raised it up to 700 preflop on the button. The small blind called before the big blind put the squeeze on with a three-bet to 2275.

Negreanu peeked at how much the big blind had in front, which was about 11,000 in total, before snatching up his own stack and seemingly angrily slapping it down in the middle of the table. The small blind folded and the big blind called.

At showdown it was a classic race between Negreanu’s J♥ J♦ and his opponent’s A♠ K♣. The dealer turned over a board of 8♠ 8♣ 6♠ 7♦ Q♠ and Negreanu’s jacks had held.

There was a bit of banter amongst the table after about Negreanu’s angry shove and he explained it by saying he was listening to Queen’s ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ and got carried away.

Negreanu doubles on break

1 hour ago

CroppedImage180320-1R8A9455.jpg

Negreanu at the WSOP APAC Main Event

Daniel Negreanu doubled up to a large crowd of players on break.

There were 10 minutes left in the final break of the day and Negreanu and Jim "Mr_BigQueso" were involved in a hand for all of Negreanu's chips.

It started when Negreanu raised to 675 from UTG on the last hand of the level. The player to Negreanu's left called and Collopy did the same from the button. The big blind called as well and the flop came 6♠ 8♠ 9♥.

The big blind checked and Negreanu bet 1,700. Only Collopy called and a J♥ came on the turn.

Negreanu bet 3,300 and Collopy raised to 8,800. We were a few minutes into the break and a crowd was starting to form around the table.

Negreanu called and the 6♦ came on the river. Negreanu checked and Collopy grabbed a stack of yellows worth 45,000 and put them in the middle.

The bet was enough to put Negreanu all-in but Kid Poker called instantly, showing J♠ J♣ for a full house. Collopy turned over Q♦ T♥ for the queen-high straight.

Collopy paid Negreanu's 29,050 all-in with 30,000 and left for what was left of the break. The dealer gave Collopy two green T25 chips back but Negreanu stopped him.

"29,050," Negreanu said. "He needs more than 50 back."

The confusion was sorted out and the dealer told Negreanu he was right. The Canadian pro tossed Collopy's unmanned stack an extra 900.

"Don't want bad karma. Integrity and honesty, that's what I'm all about," Negreanu said to the handful of people surrounding the table.

Negreanu is now up to 81,775.

Fashionably late

1 hour ago

CroppedImage320180-1R8A1902.jpg

Phil Hellmuth

We've got a late entry to the tournament.

Can you guess who it is?

Here are three hints: he's always late, he's tall and his name's Phil Hellmuth.

The man with 13 bracelets showed up with just one hour left in Day 1. Hellmuth also happened to get seated at the same table as Daniel Negreanu.

Negreanu was complaining to the floor about the air conditioning when Hellmuth showed up. The flow had apparently gotten much stronger and the tournament staff said there was nothing they could do, it was needed to cool down the massive nine-screened television directly behind Negreanu.

But Hellmuth's arrival distracted Kid Poker from the temperature.

"You just jumping in now?" Negreanu asked Hellmuth when he took a seat.

Hellmuth nodded.

Negreanu then stood up, walked over to Phil Ivey's table and started rapping.

"Remember that," Negreanu asked Ivey after he was done. "From back in the day."

Hellmuth went to Ivey's table as well and greeted the 9-time bracelet winner.

Negreanu sat back down and redirected his attention to a woman on the rail.

"Pretzel girl," Negreanu said pointing at her. "You're not Jamie…"

Awww sweet woman went and got me a bag of pretzels from the grocery store! Ha thanks they are yummy!— Daniel Negreanu (@RealKidPoker)
April 11, 2013

"Samantha," Samantha said.

The two then got to know each other a bit better, talking over a tournament table and a few railbirds. Samantha was not married, but had been before, just like Negreanu.

"Who needs one?" Samantha asked referring to husbands.

"I don't," Negreanu said. "I certainly don't need a husband."

Samantha giggled, they chatted a bit more and Hellmuth put on some headphones.

Play continues.

Day 1 ends with Negreanu unofficial chip leader

1 hour ago

CroppedImage180320-1R8A9455.jpg

Daniel Negreanu likely chip leader

The final cards have been dealt and Day 1 of the first ever WSOP APAC Main Event has drawn to a close.

Approximately 390 players started today and with no information made available to us, we’re only guessing at this point as to how many survived. A dozen or so tables broke so that would indicate that we lost maybe 100 players. Official numbers and counts will be made available overnight, but the final numbers won’t be confirmed until registration closes at 8pm tomorrow night.

Unofficially, we’re going to give the end-of-day chip lead to Daniel Negreanu. He had more problems with the air conditioning than he did with his opponents today, with most of his chips coming courtesy of a rivered full house against Jim Collopy's turned straight. Negreanu amassed 136,050 with Joel Feldman (132,875) and Phil Ivey (123,300) close behind.

Others to survive the day include Sam Trickett, Greg Merson, Erik Seidel, Oliver Speidel, Antonio Esfandiari, Jonathan Karamalikis, Chad Brown, Barry Greenstein, Phil Hellmuth and Tony Hachem.

Play resumes at 2pm local time, so join us again for live and exclusive updates from the 2013 World Series of Poker Asia Pacific.

Bellande Goes Broke

6 hours ago

CroppedImage320180-IMG5285.JPG

Jean-Robert Bellande has been eliminated

It’s back to being (self-proclaimed) “broke” for Jean-Robert Bellande as he has recently given all of his chips to none other than Daniel Negreanu. It all started with Aussie Dennis Huntly opening it up to 1,100 from early position. Folded around to Bellande in the small blind and he made the call. It was on Negreanu next, in the big blind, and he would three-bet to 4,100. Huntly quickly got out of the way, while Bellande moved all in for around 20,000. Negreanu quickly made the call and the two players tabled their cards.

Negreanu: T♥ T♦

Bellande: 6♠ 6♦

It wasn’t looking good for Bellande and the news got no better on a J♣ T♠ 2♥ flop, with Negreanu hitting a set. The 4♠ turn and the K♦ river weren’t what Bellande was looking for and just like that he was heading home.

Negreanu up

2 hours ago

Daniel Negreanu is getting a massage and accumulating chips.

While he took one masseuse, Mike Leah and Antonio Esfandiari played rock paper scissors for the other.

"Ship it," Esfandiari said after he beat Leah. He turned his chair around and enjoyed the finest hands the WSOP APAC has to offer.

While Esfandiari won that match, Negreanu won another hand at his table.

Negreanu raised to 1,800 from under-the-gun and a player in middle position raised to 4,000.

Negreanu called and the flop came 8♠ 9♦ 4♦. Negreanu check-called a 4,600 bet and the 5♠ came on the turn. Both players checked and the 6♣ came on the river.

Negreanu bet 7,200 and his opponent thought. Then he folded.

Negreanu is now up to about 160,000.

It’s official! The 2013 World Series of Poker Asia Pacific Main Event has attracted a player field of 405 to form a prizepool of AU$3,847,500.

40 players will reach the money with the min-cash worth AU$20,397 while the final table payouts are as follows:

1st – AU$1,038,825

2nd – AU$637,911

3rd – AU$423,225

4th – AU$284,715

5th – AU$201,994

6th – AU$146,205

7th – AU$107,730

8th – AU$82,721

Negreanu on a Rampage

9 minutes ago

CroppedImage320180-1R8A0277.jpg

Daniel Negreanu, rampaging through the Crown Poker Room

Daniel Negreanu was recently moved to Table 10, the secondary feature table, and immediately made his presence known, saying hello to all the players at the table.

"You're not young any more," he said to Jonathan Karamalikis.

"You're practically ancient," he added when Karamalikis told him he was 24.

Negreanu was on the final table of the APPT Sydney Main Event which Karamalikis won in 2010.

As Negreanu was chatting away to his tablemates, and before he had even taken his chips out of the racks, he had called a bet of 3,400 from Steve Gee on his right.

"Just calling," said Negreanu. "Calling everything."

The big blind also opted to call Gee's bet here and the dealer would spread out a 4♣ 8♠ 6♥ flop. The big blind quickly led for 6,500 here and Gee got out of the way. On Negreanu and he would raise it up to 18,500. The player called and the dealer turned over a 4♦ turn. This time the action was checked to Negreanu and he bet 25,200. The player's cards went into the muck and Negreanu scooped up the pot.

By the time Negreanu had unracked his chips and added the above pot to his stack, he had in excess of 300,000. That is enough to see him once again threaten to finish as one of the end-of-day chip leaders.

Day 2 of the WSOP APAC Main Event Concludes

8 minutes ago

CroppedImage180320-IMG2247.JPG

Day 2 Chip leader Winfred Yu

Players have bagged and tagged their chips as Day 2 of the first ever WSOP APAC Main Event comes to an end. 405 players entered the tournament but only approximately 104 are going to get a chance to win part of the $3,847,500 AUD prize pool and of course, a WSOP bracelet. The first place finisher will also take home $1,038,825AUD for their efforts.

Unfortunately for Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, Joe Hachem, Greg, Merson, Sam Trickett and Aussie Millions 2013 winner Mervin Chan they won’t be here tomorrow for their chance to share in those spoils. Other locals in Brendon Rubie, Jackie Glazier and Graeme Putt were also casualties in today’s battlefield.

However, Day 1 leader Daniel Negreanu, Rupert Elder, Joel Feldman, Erik Seidel, Jonathon Duhamel, Jim Collopy, Sam Holden, Barry Greenstein, Dan Shak and Antonio Esfandiari join a raft of local talent in Jonathan Karamalikis, Kahle Burns, Michael Guttman and Raj Ramakrishnan as they all have a chance at finishing in the top 40 cash places.

Some of the biggest stacks heading in to Day 3 are:

Winfred Yu – 432,700

George Tsatsis – 365,800

Yasar Guedin - 350,300

Daniel Negreanu - 338,100

Martin Dimitrov – 252,000

Earlier in the night the schedule got changed from a 2pm AEST to a 12pm AEST start time tomorrow. We’re expected to play 7 levels and we’re sure the action will be just as juicy tomorrow as it was today, so come back again for all the bets, flops and action live from the Crown Casino in Melbourne.

Trivia fact for today.

Day 2 Chip Leader Winfred Yu started playing poker in Toronto at the Charity Casinos just like Daniel did. Sixteen years ago both he and Daniel would have played in a lot of the same 10/20 limit games. He now manages the Poker King Club in Macau where most of the super super high stakes games are played and he also plays in those massive games.

Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker22m

@dnchips 471,500 78 players left soul crushing and not bothering to take names. What's the point? 40 placed paid end level 12

gl and tid this

Negreanu Makes the Call

16 minutes ago

CroppedImage320180-1R8A0277.jpg

Negreanu doesn't feel the burn

We caught the action on a flop reading 9♣ 9♦ 5♦ and Daniel Negreanu checking from the big blind. Kahle Burns was in the hijack and bet out 10,000 before calling a re-raise of 27,000 in chips.

Both players checked as the Q♣ came on the turn, and sat back as the dealer produced the K♣ on the river to complete the board. Negreanu counted out a bet, before sliding in 44,000. Burns leant over his stack, before towering up a stack of 5,000 chips, and slid out 116,000.

Instantly Negreanu jumped up from his chair, and started to shake his head. He stood there with a confused look on his face every time he glanced at Burns. He had a drink of water and eventually made the call, and was happy to see Burns table A♥ 5♥ for two-pair as he showed his 7♦ 9♠ for trip-nines.

Negreanu moves up to 585,000 in chips after the hand.

negreanu_bracelet_normal.jpgDaniel Negreanu@RealKidPoker22m

15 players left I ended the day with 827k and excited for tomorrow! Avg is 810k and lot of good players left like @MagicAntonio etc

Player Name Country Chip Count Table # Seat # Russell Thomas - 1,750,000 - - Kahle Burns - 1,580,000 - - Benny Spindler - 1,550,000 - - George Tsatsis - 1,080,000 - - Yasar Gueden - 730,000 - - Antonio Esfandiari - 720,000 - - Daniel Negreanu - 570,000 - - Daniel Marton - 560,000 - - Raj Ramakrishnan - 500,000 - - Mikel Habb - 500,000 - - Raymond Rahme - 370,000 - - Eddie Tran - 365,000 - - Michael Pedley - 310,000 - - Jordan Westmorland - 300,000 - - Winfred Yu - 270,000 - - Tino Lechich - 230,000 - - Joel Feldman - 120,000 -

Day Three in the Books, Russell Thomas Leads Remaining 15

58 minutes ago

CroppedImage320180-1R8A1081.jpg

Day 3 Chip Leader, Russell Thomas

Day three of the WSOP APAC Main Event has come to an end after an enthralling day. Play resumed with 94 players taking their seats, with all of them having their eyes set on the first prize and the final gold bracelet on offer for the series.

Eliminations fell quickly throughout the day as we lost Jonathan Karamalikis, David Gorr, Mel Judah, Brandon Wong, Tyron Krost, Sam Holden, Daniel Neilson, Tony Hachem, Jonathan Duhamel and Barry Greenstein. The most unfortunate elimination was Rupert Elder, who would become the official money bubble.

He was involved in a big hand against Antonio Esfandiari that saw him lose most of his chips. In a betting war pre-flop, Elder committed his chips holding Q♥ Q♦, but ran into Esfandiari’s K♦ K♠. When the board bricked out, Elder would be left with 25,000 in chips, which were gone the very next hand.

At the end of the day, 15 players survived, with Russell Thomas bagging up the most chips with 1,677,000 in total. He had a great day which included a big hand that boosted him up the leader board. After several raisers, he called an all-in pre-flop by Balleur Gaetan who had over 300,000 in chips. His pocket kings were up against A♥ Q♠ , and when the board bricked out, he would move up the leader board into first place.

Close behind Thomas are Benjamin Spindler (1,505,000) and Kahle Burns (1,469,000) who were atop the leader board for the majority of the day. Also in the remaining pack are Daniel Negreanu and Antonio Esfandiari, who’ll be looking to add another bracelet to their already exceptional resumes.

Make sure to stay tuned as we bring you all the continued live action from the Crown Poker Room later this afternoon at 3:00pm local time.

Day 4 Table Draw

38 minutes ago

Table 29

Seat 1: Mikel Habb – 439,000

Seat 2: Daniel Marton – 1,325,000

Seat 3: Russell Thomas – 1,677,000

Seat 4: Tino Lechich – 654,000

Seat 5: Daniel Negreanu – 827,000

Seat 6: Kahle Burns – 1,469,000

Seat 7 : Raj Ramakrishnan – 644,000

Seat 8: Antonio Esfandiari – 1,050,000

Table 31

Seat 1: Yasar Gueden – 385,000

Seat 2: Winfred Yu – 354,000

Seat 3: - - Empty - -

Seat 4: George Tsatsis – 1,161,000

Seat 5: Jordan Westmorland – 321,000

Seat 6: Michael Pedley – 310,000

Seat 7 : Benny Spindler – 1,505,000

Seat 8: Joel Feldman – 187,000

The Trash Talk Continues

3 hours ago

Things are heating up with the table talk in the Crown Poker Room. Daniel Negreanu has been involved in several stoushes. As we mentioned in a previous post, Negreanu has taken to imitating Mikel Habb’s trash talk. In one hand, Habb over-shoved all in on a board of K♥ Q♦ 9♠ 9♣ and Negreanu was perplexed by the move, trying to get a read out of Habb.

“That’s a big bet, brother. How much you got, brother?” asked Negreanu.

“Plenty,” said Habb. “Let’s rock.” Habb proceeded to get up and put on his jacket as if he was going home. He then sat back down with his head resting on the table. At one point, Habb tried to call time on Negreanu but tournament officials didn’t react, obviously thinking it didn’t warrant a countdown just yet.

Negreanu eventually folded that hand but soon found himself in another argument, this time with Tino Lechich. It happened during the bustout hand of Joel Feldman on the other table. After a raise from UTG, Lechich was pondering what to do in the small blind. Negreanu was next to act and asked if Lechich was just wasting time till the pay jumps from the other table elimination. Lechich, surprisingly, replied he was and Negreanu immediately called for the floor, clearly annoyed at his opponent.

A tournament official came over and, after the situation was explained, told Lechich to get a move on and he folded.

A short while later, Lechich got up while he still had cards in front of him to go see what was happening on the other table. Negreanu almost jumped out of his seat and declared, “He’s even leaving while he is still in the hand!”

Tournament officials were called once more and Lechich was given an official warning

Burns and Negreanu in Blinds Battle

2 hours ago

With action folded around to him in the small blind, Daniel Negreanu went for a different tactic and just limped. Kahle Burns was the man in the big blind and checked his option, bringing about a flop of J♣ 2♥ 5♦.

Burns bet 13,000 and Negreanu stayed with him to see a turn 9♣. Both players checked and the river came down a 2♦. Negreanu checked for a third time and Burns bombed a pot-sized bet 64,000.

Negreanu said he had to call but saw the bad news when Burns showed A♣ 2♠ for trip deuces on the river. Negreanu flashed a jack from his hole cards before mucking.

Unofficial Final Table

53 minutes ago

Below is the "unofficial" WSOP APAC final table.

Seat 1: George Tsatsis – 1,745,000

Seat 2: Benny Spindler – 2,900,000

Seat 3: Mikel Habb – 470,000

Seat 4: Winfred Yu – 640,000

Seat 5: Russell Thomas – 640,000

Seat 6: Daniel Marton – 2,200,000

Seat 7: Kahle Burns – 1,210,000

Seat 8: Daniel Negreanu – 1,620,000

Seat 9: Antonio Esfandiari – 750,000

The plan right now is to play down to eight, but there is a chance that moves to six. We will keep you posted.

Magician Loses to Kid Poker

22 minutes ago

CroppedImage320180-1R8A9862.jpg

Daniel Negreanu is cruising

Antonio Esfandiari has just taken a big hit to his chip stack. The hand started with Esfandiari opening it up to 41,000 from under the gun. George Tsatsis called from Esfandiari’s direct left and it was folded around to Daniel Negreanu in the big blind, who also called.

On the 7♠ Q♦ 7♦ flop, Negreanu checked and Esfandiari bet 67,000. Tsatsis quickly got out of the way and Negreanu raised it up to 142,000. Esfandiari called and a J♠ hit the turn. Negreanu once again checked here and Esfandirai bet 106,000. Negreanu called and a 3♠ completed the board.

On the river, both players checked and Negreanu tabled A♦ Q♠. That was enough to send Negreanu’s cards into the muck and leave him with just around 370,000 in chips. Negreanu, on the other hand, is up to 2,200,000.

Negreanu Climbing

16 minutes ago

Daniel Negreanu has run his stack up to 2,450,000 after this pot, which means he has netted over 800,000 since we began the unofficial final table. Around 250,000 of it came when Kahle Burns raised up the action to 32,000 preflop and Negreanu made the call on the button before George Tsatsis also came to the party in the big blind.

A flop of 6♦ 9♣ 7♣ ensued and, with it checked to him, Negreanu bet 55,000. Tsatsis was the only one to call and the turn came a 10♦. Negreanu sent 102,000 more into the pot and Tsatsis called to see the 9♠ river.

The two players checked at this point and Negreanu showed K♦ T♣ for two-pair of tens and nines, which sent Tsatsis’s hand into the muck.

WSOP APAC $10,000 Main Event Day 4 Ends

5 minutes ago

CroppedImage320180-1R8A6.jpg

Chip leader Benny Spindler

The sun has set on Day 4 of the WSOP APAC $10,000 Main Event and we finally have our official final table of eight players. Play began today with 15 WSOP bracelet hopefuls sitting down to a delayed starting time at 4pm and it took six hours for those remaining to send their opponents to the rail.

Coming so close to a final table of the such an historic tournament would be crushing for some but just another day at the office for other seasoned pros. Raj Ramakrishnan may be feeling the pain more than others and gets the Cooler of the Day award after he was sent home in 14th place for $39,245 in prize money. He got all his money in on a board of 8♥ 9♠ 7♣ 7♥ 4♦ holding 8♦ 7♠ for a full house but had run up against the bigger full house of Daniel Marton holding 9♦ 9♥.

Half of Australia’s other hopefuls for a new WSOP champion fell by the wayside including Michael Pedley (13th place), Joel Feldman (12th place) and Tino Lechich (11th place). But still in the running to bring it home for the Aussies are Kahle Burns, George Tsatsis, Daniel Marton and Mikel Habb.

Leading the eight players tomorrow will be the big names of Germany’s Benny Spindler on a 2,931,000 stack and Daniel Negreanu on 2,437,000 in chips. 2012 WSOP Main Event Octo-Niner Russell Thomas will also be hoping to go a few places better this time around when he sits down with a 490,000 stack.

We did, however, lose one of the bigger names at the bell when Antonio Esfandiari lost a coin flip holding A♠ K♥ against Spindler’s Q♦ Q♠ and went out in 9th place for $65,408 in prize money.

Play will resume tomorrow at 2pm and when they come back the seating draw and chip counts will look like this:

Seat 1: Daniel Marton – 2,160,000

Seat 2: George Tsatsis – 2,321,000

Seat 3: Mikel Habb – 551,000

Seat 4: Benny Spindler – 2,931,000

Seat 5: Winfred Yu – 367,000

Seat 6: Russell Thomas – 490,000

Seat 7: Kahle Burns – 905,000

Seat 8: Daniel Negreanu – 2,437,000

So it’s goodnight from your PokerListings live reporting team and we will catch you all again tomorrow when a new WSOP champion is crowned.

• Like 1