This was a $1/$2 NL table @ Horseshoe Southern Indiana. Half the table was very deep - 4 players had over $1500. Hero bought in for $300, been there for about 45 minutes. Played with half the table before, once or twice with villain. No reads. Hero has about $400, Villain has about $500 in front of him. On the tail end of 3 sessions over 2 days, very bad sessions. Just seeing what ya'll think.Hero in the C/O, Villain BB. 10 handed table.2 limpers, 4 folds, Hero raises to $12 with 8c7c, Button and SB fold, BB (Villain) raises to $25, 1 limper folds, other limper and hero call. Flop (3 players):club:,6h,6cVillain bets $50, Limper folds, Hero raises to $100, Villain calls.Turn (2 players):4dVillain checks, Hero checks.River:JdVillain checks, Hero...I'll reveal what Hero did after some responses.

raise more on the flop and be pretty comfortable getting it in if it comes to that. You're in bad shape against almost nothing. As played I'd bet the turn after I raised the flop
Oh, no doubt I was willing to shove on the flop if he repopped me. When he just called, I figured a check on the turn was the best option.
This was a $1/$2 NL table @ Horseshoe Southern Indiana. Half the table was very deep - 4 players had over $1500. Hero bought in for $300, been there for about 45 minutes. Played with half the table before, once or twice with villain. No reads. Hero has about $400, Villain has about $500 in front of him. On the tail end of 3 sessions over 2 days, very bad sessions. Just seeing what ya'll think.Hero in the C/O, Villain BB. 10 handed table.2 limpers, 4 folds, Hero raises to $12 with 8c7c, Button and SB fold, BB (Villain) raises to $25, 1 limper folds, other limper and hero call. Flop (3 players):club:,6h,6cVillain bets $50, Limper folds, Hero raises to $100, Villain calls.Turn (2 players):4dVillain checks, Hero checks.River:JdVillain checks, Hero...I'll reveal what Hero did after some responses.
I like the raise on the flop, but a min raise is too small. I'm definitely following up a raise on the flop, with a bet on the turn. As played I really have no idea what to do on river, i'd have to know how good/bad the villain is.

Why don't you have any reads? Need some sleep, maybe?As played, just check and move on. Your hand looks like a draw when you check the turn.

im meh about squeezing this live bc we know we are getting called multiway. i would just limp pre, we have a hand we are willing to defend a rraise against

why would u raise preflop with that junk when there are 2 early limpers? i know alot of people think this is a clever play but its really not...when u hit something with that hand most players who called your raise preflop arent gonna pay you off anywhere near the amount you are gonna need to compensate for the times you spew...i dont understand the thought process
why would u raise preflop with that junk when there are 2 early limpers? i know alot of people think this is a clever play but its really not...when u hit something with that hand most players who called your raise preflop arent gonna pay you off anywhere near the amount you are gonna need to compensate for the times you spew...i dont understand the thought process
I dont mind raising this with no limpers in CO, but yeah, with two limpers, im not a big fan of the pf raise....didnt see the limpers before
im meh about squeezing this live bc we know we are getting called multiway. i would just limp pre, we have a hand we are willing to defend a rraise against
It's not a squeeze, he's the first raising. And if we limp, we wouldn't be defending against a reraise, just a raise. Does that change your thinking at all?
It's not a squeeze, he's the first raising. And if we limp, we wouldn't be defending against a reraise, just a raise. Does that change your thinking at all?
you know what i meannnnnn!!!!!
Why don't you have any reads? Need some sleep, maybe?As played, just check and move on. Your hand looks like a draw when you check the turn.
Did you read the intro? I had been sitting for 45 minutes. Live, that's MAYBE 15 or 20 hands. And that's pushing it. Against a villain I had no recollection of ever playing a hand against (and I have an excellent memory) I'd love to meet someone who can get a reliable read in that amount of time.River Action:Villain checks, Hero bets $80. Horrible? Or just bad? Because there is a difference, lol.
Played with half the table before, once or twice with villain. No reads.
Did you read the intro? I had been sitting for 45 minutes. Live, that's MAYBE 15 or 20 hands. And that's pushing it. Against a villain I had no recollection of ever playing a hand against (and I have an excellent memory)
Really?
River Action:Villain checks, Hero bets $80. Horrible? Or just bad? Because there is a difference, lol.
Not horrible, IMHO. A villain might fold an unimproved AK or AQ. It's just not the way I'd play it.

Alright, I'll just take this as internet misconveyance (yes, i do believe I just made that up). I know I have seen him at the table before (once or twice) but do not recall how he plays or even if we ever were involved in a hand before. I thought about moving in on the turn. The thing is, I feel I only get called by a 9 or better. And with only one card to go, why not wait and see what the river brings. Having missed every conceivable draw, I debated what to do on the river, although I did act rather quickly. I figured by betting and not moving in or checking, it could look like a 9 trying to get a value call. Or it could look like complete air. Afterward, I definitely did not think it was horrendous, but did think it was a poor choice vs checking. And as far as raising it up pre-flop after 2 limpers, I somewhat agree with what has been said. I didn't mention this at the time, but there was a LOT of limping go on pre-flop. That's one reason (perhaps unconsciously) I felt comfortable raising there. It was not to take the pot down, but to build the pot up with a very +ev hand, that could hit a monster flop, like what happened.I also am torn about the raise on the flop. I, too, felt like it was too small of a raise, but @ $100, figured it might be good enough. I wanted him to push back. But he didn't. I dunno.

I also am torn about the raise on the flop. I, too, felt like it was too small of a raise, but @ $100, figured it might be good enough. I wanted him to push back. But he didn't. I dunno.
dont let your hand strength dictate your bet sizing. let the stack sizes and board texture guide it. this is a tell of yours most likely
I also am torn about the raise on the flop. I, too, felt like it was too small of a raise, but @ $100, figured it might be good enough. I wanted him to push back. But he didn't. I dunno.
If you make a pot-sized raise (to ~225), then you're committing yourself and forcing him to make a decision for his stack. It's better to just make a big raise yourself (because he can still fold) than if he plays back at you.
Did you read the intro? I had been sitting for 45 minutes. Live, that's MAYBE 15 or 20 hands. And that's pushing it. Against a villain I had no recollection of ever playing a hand against (and I have an excellent memory) I'd love to meet someone who can get a reliable read in that amount of time.River Action:Villain checks, Hero bets $80. Horrible? Or just bad? Because there is a difference, lol.
You can easily get a read in that amount of time you just need to look for things outside of betting patterns. The benefit of live is the whole body language thing, which is actually extremely useful if you take the time to learn about it... but I digressThis hand is pretty terrible overall. Unlike the rest of responses I actually think the raise preflop play is not only reasonable but profitable... if you raise bigger. 12 should be your open with no one in the pot at 1-2 live. In this situation minimum 16 and I think 20 is your best sizing. Ez call of the lulz 3bet.Where you royally **** up this hand is postflop... on every decision. On the flop raising and flatting are both reasonable options but somehow you manage to **** that up... if we flat we are in position with a monster draw and will likely never get enough credit for hitting the draw that we can draw passively and get paid when we hit if sized properly, and we can easily float missed overs. We can also raise an amount that is an effective shove really putting high pairs to the test. Being as it is 1-2 and people generally are incapable of folding over pairs, I prefer the float option, but if we do choose to raise we have to raise hard. Instead we decide to make a retarded min raise in order to try to commit our opponent when we don't have a value hand.... wonderful.Then on the turn we decide to not pull the trigger on the follow through, which is mandatory after raising the flop, because we have realized our opponent is committed... whoops, should have thought a move ahead there cheif.Then on the river we realize he might not have a pair, so instead of shoving or making any kind of move that might induce a fold, we decide to have our hand make no sense and bet an amount that should alert ace high that he has pot odds to call down this retarded line.Don't ****ing minraise /thread
I wanted him to push back. But he didn't. I dunno.
Why the motherfuck do you WANT to take the worse end of a coinflip when you can pick up dead money? It's not +EV because we get called, we just have a lot of bailout when we do
12 should be your open with no one in the pot at 1-2 live.
Why is this? In my experience, what they will call for 7 they will call for 12, so why not just keep the pot a bit smaller preflop?
Why is this? In my experience, what they will call for 7 they will call for 12, so why not just keep the pot a bit smaller preflop?
Because we're more likely to win the pot than the other guys and we'd like for it to be a big pot. It's the same reason we're raising at all instead of limping.