**official Mma Thread**

5965 replies to this topic

#5961 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 29,042 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

The women fights are kind of like watching the UFC from 15 years ago, except no wrestling skills. They just slug it out. It doesn't bother me but I won't yearn for it.

Mark Hunt had one fight left on a contract with an organization that the UFC bought. The had to give it to him, they tossed it on the prelims and he won. With the contract, it assured him another fight. Then he went on a win streak and started ko-ing guys, which was weird because he was a can, going like 1-6 before that. Good for him.
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#5962 mrfritz

mrfritz

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'll probably lose interest because I have no idea wtf is going on. Every week there's something on fight pass or fs1 or fs2. Then there's the fights where they have one in the early am (usually in Asia) then another one at night. It's just too much.

I'm also a fan of the heavyweights but the top guys fight once a year maybe. It's a shame because I do love me some mma.
What is this?

#5963 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

View PostRon_Mexico, on 29 August 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

People buying UFC 177. Friends and family of the fighters. Super hardcore fans that have action on the fights.

Now, there have been great fights and cards by guys we've never heard of or barely know, but that ain't moving the needle for people like us to spend $60. I wouldn't buy that card if I had a million dollars in the bank.

I wrote about it a while back, I hadn't missed but one or two cards over the course of 24 months, but then they rolled out fight pass, thinned out cards and either I soured on the product, got burnt out from my run, or just lost interest. Or they are putting on shittier cards overall.

Is this what happens when you've been watching for 7+ years, you become the old guy complaining about fighters you don't know?

I think it's a combo of factors I listed. They can do better though.

I will pay for stacked cards/big fights when i want a quality picture with no distractions/interruptions/outages. the rest, i find...other means...

hen asked about that line of thinking by "Showdown Joe" for Sportsnet, White replied "Tell them to go to the movies tonight. I don't care." He would expand on this by suggesting that the problem is that people are never happy, "It's funny these guys saying 'make it a free show', how do you want these guys to get paid? The champ is still fighting. That's the craziest thing I ever heard. These people were bitching when Barao was still fighting. Some people are just never happy. I don't care."

http://sports.yahoo....-001706008.html
so we're supposed to shell out 60 bucks even if he puts a can in front of the champ? becoming more like boxing all the time.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#5964 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 3,868 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

This was a shit card.
Won decent very money with Hamilton and Brunson, only lost a bit with Jackson but I didn't even bother watching it.

How was the last fight? I see it went to R5 before Dillishaw knocked him out?
Was it competitive?
Posted Image

#5965 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,066 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

AmScray, on 30 August 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

This was a shit card.
Won decent very money with Hamilton and Brunson, only lost a bit with Jackson but I didn't even bother watching it.

How was the last fight? I see it went to R5 before Dillishaw knocked him out?
Was it competitive?

I thought it was entertaining. They were both banging for about 3 rounds with Dillashaw getting the best of it but Soto was still getting good shots in. Soto started to gas a bit in round 4 and was totally gassed in round 5

QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#5966 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 3,868 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted Yesterday, 01:13 PM

Didn't realize Chiesa/Lauzon was on FN50.
Will absolutely be watching that card.

Buying quite a bit of Derrick Lewis @ -140.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users