But man, I think they blow. I think they are one of the top 5 most overrated bands of all time. I think it's sad *******, pseudointellectual, production trick ridden garbage. Wow, a minor key.. profound. I think perfect circle's version of Imagine might just be the worst thing I've ever heard. Does anyone else hate tool, or am I just a complete freak? I know those aren't nessisarily mutually exclusive, but still...I hate tool.And NIN is only good for unintentional comedy..or mood music for fuking a goth girl.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pretty sure tool hates you too.   i have never seen a band, or more specifically, a lead with more contempt for the audience.   he's an asshole, anybody with a haircut like that gotta be an asshol

I really hate to agree with you, but I often do. Maybe 4/5 times. Anyway, Tool are damn awful and I'm glad that somebody else didn't buy into the hype.

Still hate tool

Would I be less dead to you, if I told you who I was thinking about when I wrote the sentence " mood music for fuking a goth girl" ?
I keep hearing spooky noises like a ghost whispering in my ear or something...What the hell is that?

BigD, do you only listen to rap? Seems like the only people you ever talk about being good are 2Pac and Biggie.

BigD, do you only listen to rap? Seems like the only people you ever talk about being good are 2Pac and Biggie.
Well, I do talk alot about biggie, that's for sure.. not so much about Pac.. never really got into him.I like all kinds of different music, or rather, I like artists from all different kinds of music. from classical indian sitar music, to cuban congo music, to no depression country, to free jazz, my tastes cross all spectrums.But the spectrum it doesn't cross is the self indulgent, pitty party monor chord, over produced cult of maynard.
But man, I think they blow. I think they are one of the top 5 most overrated bands of all time. I think it's sad *******, pseudointellectual, production trick ridden garbage. Wow, a minor key.. profound. I think perfect circle's version of Imagine might just be the worst thing I've ever heard. Does anyone else hate tool, or am I just a complete freak? I know those aren't nessisarily mutually exclusive, but still...I hate tool.And NIN is only good for unintentional comedy..or mood music for fuking a goth girl.
I do like the first two albums, and the third has some stuff on it that I'll listen to, but I have to agree that they have it has turned into a mass of "pseudointellectual" crap. I don't hate them, I don't like them, I'm just indifferent.And even Trent knows that his albums should be titled "Music for Tittie bars."
Does anyone else hate tool, or am I just a complete freak? I know those aren't nessisarily mutually exclusive, but still...
I don't like Tool, or the way you spelled necessarily.
Her solo album was actually pretty allright. Bubble gum, new waveish, poppy, silly stuff. It's like the 80's all over again.
Yeah... I like newish poppy silly stuff WAY more than tool.Justin Timberlake>ToolThere, I said it.
APC's 'Imagine' is better than the original. I think this is because Maynard is not a bitch.
I do like the first two albums, and the third has some stuff on it that I'll listen to, but I have to agree that they have it has turned into a mass of "pseudointellectual" crap. I don't hate them, I don't like them, I'm just indifferent.And even Trent knows that his albums should be titled "Music for Tittie bars."
i assume by "first two" albums you mean undertow and aenima, which is TECHNICALLY correct since opiate was an EP...i'll agree that lateralus wasn't their BEST work,but if you can honestly listen to their new cd and tell me it's pseudointellectual crap, then i will forever discount your musical opinions. Any "music fan" who can't realize good song writingwhen they see it isnt a true music fan. and also, APC and tool are to entirely different things. I dont like apc much, but i love tool.that's the last i say in this thread, so dont bother quoting/replying . i'm getting annoyed.
APC's 'Imagine' is better than the original. I think this is because Maynard is not a bitch.
I am one of the biggest Tool/APC fans on this forum and I will be the first to admit "Imgaine" and the rest of Emotive was garbage. Even "Passive," the best song on that album, pales in comparison to the live version they played years ago titled, "Vacant." The only reason Emotive and Amotion were made was to fill their contractual obligations (They were signed for 4 releases). Maynard has since stated that APC is all but dead. I'm not going to get into a pissing match, because I won't change anyone's opinion through a message board, but I want to address a few things:
production trick ridden
Absolutely, 100% correct. That's why they actually sound better live, right? Everyone has opinions. I feel exactly the same way about Biggie as you do about Tool. I think he sucks and is one of the most over-rated artists ever.
i assume by "first two" albums you mean undertow and aenima, which is TECHNICALLY correct since opiate was an EP...i'll agree that lateralus wasn't their BEST work,but if you can honestly listen to their new cd and tell me it's pseudointellectual crap, then i will forever discount your musical opinions. Any "music fan" who can't realize good song writingwhen they see it isnt a true music fan. and also, APC and tool are to entirely different things. I dont like apc much, but i love tool.that's the last i say in this thread, so dont bother quoting/replying . i'm getting annoyed.
I know I don't need to bother, but I will just for fun..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahaha.Yeah, tool and APC are totally different things, my bad.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHaH
Her solo album was actually pretty allright. Bubble gum, new waveish, poppy, silly stuff. It's like the 80's all over again.
It doesn't even matter that you said you don't like Tool. I can never respect your musical opinions again for the above statement alone.
I know I don't need to bother, but I will just for fun..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahaha.Yeah, tool and APC are totally different things, my bad.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHaH
They are. In exactly the same way that Soundgarden and Audioslave and Rage Against the Machine are all completely different things.

I love how emotional people get over something as subjective as music. I myself get emotion when people slight Biggie, which doesn't make any sense at all, since Rap is super, extra subjective. I'm going to haunt you in the after life, renae..yes, exactly like audioslave, soundgarden rage... sucky things by the same people that suck.I do have more of a soft spot for Rage, due to liknig them in my youth, and thinking their songs have plus ev in unintentional comedy. Killing in the Name makes me laugh hysterically.Nothing by APC or tool makes me laugh. it only makes me want to hurt myself and others.

I love how emotional people get over something as subjective as music. I myself get emotion when people slight Biggie, which doesn't make any sense at all, since Rap is super, extra subjective. I'm going to haunt you in the after life, renae..yes, exactly like audioslave, soundgarden rage... sucky things by the same people that suck.I do have more of a soft spot for Rage, due to liknig them in my youth, and thinking their songs have plus ev in unintentional comedy. Killing in the Name makes me laugh hysterically.Nothing by APC or tool makes me laugh. it only makes me want to hurt myself and others.
Good. Then I will continue to feel musically smug around you. :club: