Lower Buyin $4.40 Challenge

I am going to start a challenge that will work in the same manner at XXEddie's $50 buyin $4.40 challenge except...........the buy in will be $25 and there is no limit to the number of players in the challenge.The challenge will begin on November 8th at Noon Eastern and will end on November 30th at Noon Eastern. I can accept the buyin from Full Tilt, Poker Stars, Absolute Poker or Epassporte but all games will be played on Poker Stars. You will have until Noon Eastern on November 12 to have money transferred to me, but no points will be accumulated until I have the money. Deadline to enter is NOON EASTERN ON NOVEMBER 12. My sn is 20TN40 on all sites.Payout will be as follows: 15 entries will pay top 3 spots, 20 entries will pay top 4 spots, 25 entries will pay 5 spots, etc. Entire buyin will be paid out in prize pool by percentages to be determined once all entries have been received. Each player will play up to 20 $4.40 180 man SnG tourneys between November 8th and November 30th. NO TOURNEYS ENTERED AFTER NOON ON NOVEMBER 30TH WILL COUNT TOWARDS FINAL TALLY. You must post the tourney ID# of the $4.40 you are in BEFORE IT STARTS, someone will then qutoe the post to confirm. Once you're eliminated you must again post in the thread, and again someone needs to quote it to confirm.The quoting helps eliminate the possibility of cheating. Because if someone is eliminated quickly, they could try and edit their post to say the are in a different $4.40 that hasn't started yet.So even if you are not in this please help us by confirming things for us. When someone says the are in tourney #XXXXXXXX please check that tourney # and confirm the player is in. Once the player busts, again ANYONE can search the tourney # and confirm the player busted in the place they say. All you have to do is QUOTE the post that way, if they change their post, the quoted portion of the confirm post wont change. POINT SYSTEM IS AS FOLLOWS:1st = 100 points2nd = 80 points3rd = 70 points4th = 65 points5th = 60 points6th = 55 points7th = 50 points8th = 45 points9th = 40 points10th = 30 points11th-19th = 27 points20th - 29th = 24 points30th - 39th = 21 points40th - 49th = 18 points50th - 59th = 15 points60th - 69th = 12 points70th - 79th = 10 points80th - 89th = 8 points90th - 99th = 6 points100th - 119th = 4 points120th - 139th = 2 points140th - 180th = 0 points Please post in this thread if you are interested and we'll get this thing rolling!IN:1) The Moil (Vosgrath) RECEIVED ENTRY2) Chicago99 (Chicago28) RECEIVED ENTRY3) FARGOpokerND (ADDILAC299) RECEIVED ENTRY4) Bobbywithani (same) RECEIVED ENTRY5) hblask (same) RECEIVED ENTRY6) Jkalib (same) RECEIVED ENTRY7) ThePhoenix88 (same) RECEIVEDfox31317pele_brbull 62yourboygsaridaTheinvestorPOSSIBLES:RivergirlTravisGMyPlayIsRABCanary3

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe someone asked for a lower buy in for the original and it was rejected. Put me on the list as a maybe, i like the idea of the lower buyin (especially since it's getting close to xmas) but my november schedule is a little congested with pool tourneys and xmas parites and stuff. ( yes, my company does their xmas parties in NOV, i think it's easier to be shorter staffed now than next month)

I believe someone asked for a lower buy in for the original and it was rejected. Put me on the list as a maybe, i like the idea of the lower buyin (especially since it's getting close to xmas) but my november schedule is a little congested with pool tourneys and xmas parites and stuff. ( yes, my company does their xmas parties in NOV, i think it's easier to be shorter staffed now than next month)
Yeah, they did Rivergirl. I wanted in on a lower buyin because of my schedule.........I'd mainly have to play on Saturday, Sunday, Monday. And I know November is gonna be a busy time for most all of us, that's why I wanted to get this started ASAP but waited for Eddie to decide that he didn't want to do a lower buy in. I'm planning to do one for December also (if there is enough interest) and I will have all the details up the last week of November so that we can get started on Dec 1 and run through Dec 31, just in case we hit REALLY busy days like Christmas and New Years Eve (that would still leave us 29 days to play 20 tourneys and not be too rushed).
Poss in if you pay less spots.2 for 15, 3 for 20 etc would be betterimo
I've actually been looking at payouts at PS and FT to get an idea. My thoughts at this point (not set in stone) are as follows:10-15 entries would pay 50% to 1st, 30% to 2nd, and 20% to 3rd16-24 entries would pay 40% to 1st, 30% to 2nd, 20% to 3rd, and 10% to 4th25+ entries would pay 40% to 1st, 30% to 2nd, 15% to 3rd, 10% to 4th and 5% to fifthThat would be as far as the payouts go so no I won't dilute the payout if there are few players and it will still be a $250+ payout for first if there are 25+ entries and 5th place would at least get their buyin back.
Am I correct to assume there's no problem playing in both 4.40 challenges?If there's no problem....I'm in
No, no problem that I can foresee since XXEddie didn't want to do a lower buy in this month. And I also don't see a problem with using the same game to play in both challenges except that you will be REQUIRED to post it in both threads. I guess in that respect you could look at it as a "money saving" venture.........for a total of $75 and 20 $4.40's you could potentially win XXEddie's $575 and $250 or more from this challenge if there are 25+ entries here. $825+ for a $75 investment.
No, no problem that I can foresee since XXEddie didn't want to do a lower buy in this month. And I also don't see a problem with using the same game to play in both challenges except that you will be REQUIRED to post it in both threads. I guess in that respect you could look at it as a "money saving" venture.........for a total of $75 and 20 $4.40's you could potentially win XXEddie's $575 and $250 or more from this challenge if there are 25+ entries here. $825+ for a $75 investment.
LOL, well, if all I have to do is invest $75 and I'll get $875 in a "money saving" deal, I guess I'm in this too.What is the stars name to send to?

This is very tempting... Gonna have to scout ahead and see if I have the free time to actually run twenty more of these.

Dont lie.........you're scared
scared of being forced to run another 20 of these, yeah. It's a mentally draining experience. It's playing my least favorite game 20 times for a decent chunk of money, lot of factors involved. Plus I had bronchitis all month last month, from the day after I hit the 3 FTs in a row until... well... I still am coughing out the last of it. It's been a horrible month for me health wise. Losing 350 bucks by one point didn't help matters much, either.
20, how would you feel about 2 people chopping a buy-in & each playing 10?
I think that would be a great idea! BTW, I've been trying to think of ways to make this appealing to the masses whether it be by playing 20 and only counting 15, playing less games period since Thanksgiving is in just 2 1/2 weeks, splitting entries, etc. I'm willing to work with all suggestions to make this OUR tourney and something that is a ton of fun with a chance of profit and not a grind just to finish on time.
I am giving serious thought to changing the points system. IMHO, it just seems so top heavy that there isn't much reward for working for anything much past a win at the FT. So this is what I'm proposing........1st = 100 points2nd = 80 points3rd = 70 points4th = 65 points5th = 60 points6th = 55 points7th = 50 points8th = 45 points9th = 40 points10th = 30 points11th-19th = 27 points20th - 29th = 24 points30th - 39th = 21 points40th - 49th = 18 points50th - 59th = 15 points60th - 69th = 12 points70th - 79th = 10 points80th - 89th = 8 points90th - 99th = 6 points100th - 119th = 4 points120th - 139th = 2 points140th - 180th = 0 points
I would be fine with these
I think that would be a great idea! BTW, I've been trying to think of ways to make this appealing to the masses whether it be by playing 20 and only counting 15, playing less games period since Thanksgiving is in just 2 1/2 weeks, splitting entries, etc. I'm willing to work with all suggestions to make this OUR tourney and something that is a ton of fun with a chance of profit and not a grind just to finish on time.
I dont mind the idea of teams competing in this----this could also be another 4.40 challenge btwoh.....and sent $25 to 20TN40(Bean Station) <----- please tell me thats a fake town name
I would be fine with theseI dont mind the idea of teams competing in this----this could also be another 4.40 challenge btwoh.....and sent $25 to 20TN40(Bean Station) <----- please tell me thats a fake town name
Confirmed for entry fee and IT'S A REAL TOWN!!! LOL