...against a nit because who else could it be?Villain's been very nitty, almost checked river back...do we like a smallish value bet or are we only called by better FHs? I'm also blocking AK kinda...but also AJI just don't know...NLHE WHERE ARE YOU?Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($1.63)UTG ($2.36)Hero (MP) ($2.19)Button ($3.17)SB ($4.75)Preflop: Hero is MP with J :5c, J :club:, K :ts, 5 :3h1 fold, Hero bets $0.07, 1 fold, SB calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05Flop: ($0.21) J :D, A :qh, A :4h(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB calls $0.14, 1 foldTurn: ($0.49) 9 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30River: ($1.09) Q :jh(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.56

...against a nit because who else could it be?Villain's been very nitty, almost checked river back...do we like a smallish value bet or are we only called by better FHs? I'm also blocking AK kinda...but also AJI just don't know...NLHE WHERE ARE YOU?Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($1.63)UTG ($2.36)Hero (MP) ($2.19)Button ($3.17)SB ($4.75)Preflop: Hero is MP with J :5c, J :club:, K :ts, 5 :3h1 fold, Hero bets $0.07, 1 fold, SB calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05Flop: ($0.21) J :D, A :qh, A :4h(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB calls $0.14, 1 foldTurn: ($0.49) 9 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30River: ($1.09) Q :jh(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.56
I kinda want to pot every street here in attempt to get my whole stack in by the river. He could just as easily have a lone suited ace with small cards. Like A876 or something. If he is tricky enough to never bet a full house himself then good for villian, he should be playing higher...

at this limit we pot every street and shove, at higher limits and or versus a very good thinking player i check flop all day then fire turn

I think you can check the river behind. To bet, your hand has to be good more than 50% of the time when called. You are only 55% against a random A*** and he will not call with that hand every time once you bet three streets. Checking behind is absolutely fine.

You are only 55% against a random A*** and he will not call with that hand every time once you bet three streets. Checking behind is absolutely fine.
at .01-.02 it is possible he could do that but i agree checking is the prudent move
villain flatted, so I thought I had the hand won, and then he flipped over AJ, having played a hand which he will submit to the Nit Hall of Fame
dude obv. you had the other two Aces
villain flatted, so I thought I had the hand won, and then he flipped over AJ, having played a hand which he will submit to the Nit Hall of Fameriver just confused me. playing against true nits is so weird.
Flatting the river is fine once villain checks. If he raises you will call with A9/AQ/AJ and fold everything else (99 and QQ are not really in your range anyway, and from villain's perspective there is only one combo of JJ which would be an obvious fold to the c/r). When you fold there is no difference in his EV between calling and raising, we don't care about AJ because it's a chop, and A9 and AQ are both equally likely, so raising ends up having a neutral expectation. If he has a 9 in his hand, that even makes calling clearly correct.This assumes of course that you are a good player who would have folded to villain's check raise, which I hope is an accurate assumption :-)