Party Gaming And Bwin To Merge

Party Gaming and BWIN are merging. For those of you who don't know BWIN is the owner of the On Game Poker Network and this will merge the 3rd and 5th largest poker networks. BWIN is stronger in Sports and Party Gaming in poker.http://www.insidepokerbusiness.co.uk/poker...y-to-merge.html

Bwin and Party to mergeMerger will create world's largest online gambling companyBwin and PartyGaming, the listed owners of the Ongame Network and PartyPoker, have announced their intention to merge creating a $3+ billion online gaming giant.Rumours of the merger have been circulating since last year, but the offical announcement today still surprised some analysts following talk of a break-down in negoatiations.Bwin will become the majority owner with 51.64% of the shares in the new firm, which will be listed on the London Stock Exchange..
yeah. all we need is to be able to play on one particular network again and the glory days of internet poker will return!
not sure how u interpreted what i said as being a negative outlook on internet poker and its volume? just think it'd be nice to be able to play there again
not sure how u interpreted what i said as being a negative outlook on internet poker and its volume? just think it'd be nice to be able to play there again
fist pump for this response! tigerwoods_fist_pump1250631906.jpg
The new group will be headquartered in Gibraltar, where PartyGaming is currently based, and the deal is classed as a reverse takeover for PartyGaming with Bwin shares being delisted from the Vienna Stock Exchange.
Gibraltar Total Land Area: 2.6 sq mi lol awesome

Apparently investors like the move.LSE: PRTY.L (party gaming) Stock is up 50 points to $309.50This makes me think the smart money thinks that Barney Frank's bill is going to at least be put to a vote.

so when is the FCP poker room coming back?
I miss the days when an MTT field of 400 was considered huge...That's what it once was on FCP...Anyone remember who won the FidPoker Open? :icon_cool:Also, I guess Real Madrid and AC Milan (among others) will have to redesign their jerseys?

I have a theory on what's going to happen to Bwin and the On Game Network when this whole merger goes through.The Bwin brand is a very strong one and far too strong in sports especially to get rid of. I think there will continue to be both Party Poker and Bwin as separate websites and brands.While they will continue to exist as separate brands you can expect to see both Party and Bwin players sharing the same poker games since to do anything else would be stupid. This brings up the question though of what happens to the other sites on the On Game Network. Does Party Poker allow small sites that are on the Network that don't really bring much to the table access to the liquidity of the Party and Bwin players ? I don't think they will.Party showed when they stopped sharing their players with other sites that they were networked with that they aren't interested in letting others leech from their marketing efforts. Bwin has also shown that they aren't really happy with sites that are on the On Game Network that don't bring new players to the table. On Game recently came out with what they call their "Essence" System of dividing the rake from ring game hands among sites. Every player is classified and players who are winners have less rake awarded to their play when they're playing losing players. This is meant to encourage sites to market more to bring losing recreational players to the games instead of just offering better VIP deals to existing players.http://www.ongamenetwork.com/news/the-esse...-business-modelI imagine that On Game has contracts with the sites that make up the Network which means they'll have to continue to provide them with a Network to play on but I would be very surprised if that contract requires that Bwin players are on that Network. There are probably a few sites on On Game like the recently joined Betfair who the new Party/Bwin will be happy to have join them but the majority of the sites they will probably have no interest in allowing to share their players with.So my prediction.1. Party and Bwin continue as separate brands while combining back room operations and software to save on expenses.2. Party, Bwin and a select few sites like Betfair combing in a new poker network using the Party software.3. A rump On Game Network is left running for the other sites on the Network for contractual reasons until those sites move to other networks like IPoker and Cake who will have larger player bases than the On Game rump.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...