How Many Times Have You Seen Rounders?

How many times have you seen Rounders?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen Rounders?

• What is this Rounders of which you speak?
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-25
    • I need a new DVD!
    • "Listen, here's the thing: If you can't spot the sucker within your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Just curious to ee how many diehard fans there are in the forum.Feel free to give your favorite scene as well.Mine's at the end when Mike beats KGB, and KGB goes into his "check check check!" dance. Don't know why I find it funny, but it is.

I've probably seen it at least 80X. Like, 4-5 years ago I used to watch it everyday when I got home from school. It shaped my entire reality for what poker was. Then, I ran great in home cash games for a few months and thought I was the next big thing. Then, I realized I was just a 3 month luck box and I decided to begin studying and working on the game. Things have gone much better since. I still watch Rounders over and over if I am in a Deep Stack or if I am quading cash games or something.Favorite scene? I love the opening scene. I also love the scene where the professor gives Mike a check for 10K (sweet music, and a degree of humanity and determination that I can relate to)Best quote: "... rounders who forget the cardinal ****ing rule: always leave yourself outs."

Ive probably seen it over 80 times. I like to have it on when im just checking out the forums here or doing school **** and also I have to watch it whenever I meet a poker player who has never watched it before.Edit: Favourite scene when Worm first convinces Mike to go to AC with the women are the ****ing rake speech.

Favorite scene to re-enact?
I know you want me to say the diner scene but heart yearns for the New Years scene where he realizes that she is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

Probably watched it every day for 3 months a year ago.I like Matt Damon's tone when they come out of Gramma's and he says, "...just keep your ****in mouth shut for like two seconds?"I forget the actual quote but yeah.Also,"I've got what's known as the wheel. Smooth tone, earthy draw, and enough kick to win me the high, and the low."

I know you want me to say the diner scene but heart yearns for the New Years scene where he realizes that she is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with.
No, the New Years scene is the one I was thinking of. I haven't seen it in a long time, I don't remember the dinner scene. Wacky food fight or a debate over the tip or something?

I've watched once regularly and once with Hellmuth, Moneymaker, Chan, and Ferguson commentating. For some reason i like the scene when Damon is playing with the cops and Norton comes and tries to cheat.

No, the New Years scene is the one I was thinking of. I haven't seen it in a long time, I don't remember the dinner scene. Wacky food fight or a debate over the tip or something?
No... diner, not dinner. Where Meg Ryan fakes an orgasm. :club:
"I've got what's known as the wheel. Smooth tone, earthy draw, and enough kick to win me the high, and the low."
For sure the best line in the movie.Ive seen Rounders over 100 times easily, I will never get sick of it.