Faraz Jaka - He's A Homeless Millionaire Poker Player - Cnn Money

He's not homeless when he has the means to purchase a home, for cash, at any time, anyplace on earth.

He's itinerant. Big difference

Also, I'd imagine he gets sent to 8 hour secondary screening whenever he enters the US simply for being named 'Faraz Jaka' with no permanent address, a one way ticket and two travel bags.

So I assume since "real happiness comes from being aware" and that attachment and possession is what makes people miserable that he's just giving away all his poker earnings and playing for the love of the game, right?

I can relate to the idea that people get caught up in 'owning more crap' as a surrogate for all the other things that make one happy in life and that experiences are better than stuff. You see losers emphasize stuff over experience since stuff is safe but experiences are risky and some people just aren't wired that way.

He's single, pretty young and has a lot of disposable income. Traveling (and presumably whoring) is fun.

After a while, though, the road gets old. You miss your own bed. When the thrill of excitement eventually reaches a lower value than the comfort of security.

Also, things change when he finds that 'nice girl' which he will eventually do, since he has money, who may not be interested in constant travel. Women like it for a while but its hugely contrary to their nature.

I am guessing he is naive to all this since he is really narrating this as if its a long-term lifestyle when it absolutely is not.

• 2 weeks later...