Steelheads Official Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

January 10th 2015. First overall in the AHL.     Heady days, friends. A certain NHL team from Toronto should take some notes: THIS was a rebuild.

Recently overheard conversation between one guy.   Steelheads: 'Oh, hey there, Steelheads, great job on having the early lead over the entire AHL!' Steelheads: 'Oh, thanks for noticing, Steelheads

lol....The steelheads sent a representative to the draft, he still hasnt shown up yet..
Consider it my gift to you, an attempt to even the playing field.It was kinda like trying to let the retarded kid get a head start....
Consider it my gift to you, an attempt to even the playing field.It was kinda like trying to let the retarded kid get a head start....
big talk tough guy..Lets go...$50 my team vs yours??
Head to head, overall record, division finish..... take your pick, I will bet them all with you...
overall record...$50$50 bonus if you sweep all 3 of : head to head, overall record and division finish

(TORONTO) Last night, in Toronto, the AHLHOF (Alternative Hockey League Hall of Fame) was on hand to collect the game puck and stick from last nights All-Star Mike Richards, whose three goal performance led to the historic first win for the Steelhead's franchise. The Steelheads pulled out a 4-2 victory over the up-and-coming Canadian Gothic, evening their record on the season to 1-1. The Gothic put in a tough battle, with their Shanahan-like team approach, but fell a little short to the superlative effort by Richards. Next up for the Steelheads are the Mustangs, who, much like their minor league affiliate Toronto Maple Leafs, have gotten off to a shakey start, with losses to the Cheap Thieves and the very weak expansion Magically Delicious. While Mustangs GM Serge Bogoggledydoozyalosioan has vowed to put together a team that will play with 'truculence', his apparent misunderstanding of the word's meaning has led to the assemblage of a team that plays with flatulence....

(TORONTO) Last night, in Toronto, the AHLHOF (Alternative Hockey League Hall of Fame) was on hand to collect the game puck and stick from last nights All-Star Mike Richards, whose three goal performance led to the historic first win for the Steelhead's franchise. The Steelheads pulled out a 4-2 victory over the up-and-coming Canadian Gothic, evening their record on the season to 1-1. The Gothic put in a tough battle, with their Shanahan-like team approach, but fell a little short to the superlative effort by Richards. Next up for the Steelheads are the Mustangs, who, much like their minor league affiliate Toronto Maple Leafs, have gotten off to a shakey start, with losses to the Cheap Thieves and the very weak expansion Magically Delicious. While Mustangs GM Serge Bogoggledydoozyalosioan has vowed to put together a team that will play with 'truculence', his apparent misunderstanding of the word's meaning has led to the assemblage of a team that plays with flatulence....
i must say i laughed..Look forward to taking on the vomit inducing Crosby led Steelheads.

STEELHEADS HUMILIATE CELLAR DWELLING mustangs(Toronto) THe Steelheads franchise continued to improve on their solid start to the 09-10 AHL season, with a 3- (-1) victory over the slow starting mustangs. Once again, forward Mike Richards played a big part in the victory with another multi point performance, but it was big Joe Thornton that put the Steelheads on his shoulders to pull out the win, with a superlative four assist night. The mustangs once again showed as much offensive firepower as their minor league affiliate Toronto Maple Leafs, actually sliding into the negative numbers in the loss. mustangs GM Serge Boogaloogalusciousjackson refused comment after the game, but sources inside the mustangs front office have reported that the office budget has been expanded to include a case of remote controls. The win leaves the Steelheads locked atop the division with the Cheap Thieves. Next up for the team is a saturday night tilt with the expansion Arpford Whalers...

STEELHEADS HUMILIATE CELLAR DWELLING mustangs(Toronto) THe Steelheads franchise continued to improve on their solid start to the 09-10 AHL season, with a 3- (-1) victory over the slow starting mustangs. Once again, forward Mike Richards played a big part in the victory with another multi point performance, but it was big Joe Thornton that put the Steelheads on his shoulders to pull out the win, with a superlative four assist night.The mustangs once again showed as much offensive firepower as their minor league affiliate Toronto Maple Leafs, actually sliding into the negative numbers in the loss. mustangs GM Serge Boogaloogalusciousjackson refused comment after the game, but sources inside the mustangs front office have reported that the office budget has been expanded to include a case of remote controls. The win leaves the Steelheads locked atop the division with the Cheap Thieves. Next up for the team is a saturday night tilt with the expansion Arpford Whalers...
quoted to rub it in your face after your pending losing streak.
quoted to rub it in your face after your pending losing streak.
It cant start on Saturday though. Its a must win for the Steelheads!Go Steelheads. Destroy those Whalers. Its killing me that I already won a game, and nearly squeezed one out against the better Ingmen. This tanking/losing thing is MUCH harder than I imagined. No wonder the Leafs cant finish lower than 9th!

Ummm... good luck tomorrow?Friday, October 16, 2009:Ottawa Shortstackers:1. Ilya Kovalchuk (ATL) OT2. Brad Richards (DAL)3. Ales Hemsky (EDM)4. Drew Stafford (BUF)5. Jamie Langenbrunner (NJD)6. Cory Stillman (FLA)7. Bryce Salvador (NJD)8. Bryan Allen (FLA)9. Nicklas Grossman (DAL)10. xNY IslandersSteelheads:Mike Richards PHI (OT)Richard Park NYIEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYDion Phaneuf CALColin WHite NJDAndrew Alberts PHIYan Sauve VANGoalies: EMPTY.... I'm also leaving Petr Sykora and David Moss on the bench, although both are like day-to-day still, I think.

Ummm... good luck tomorrow?Friday, October 16, 2009:Ottawa Shortstackers:1. Ilya Kovalchuk (ATL) OT2. Brad Richards (DAL)3. Ales Hemsky (EDM)4. Drew Stafford (BUF)5. Jamie Langenbrunner (NJD)6. Cory Stillman (FLA)7. Bryce Salvador (NJD)8. Bryan Allen (FLA)9. Nicklas Grossman (DAL)10. xNY IslandersSteelheads: I think about 40-1 is right? If you were a gambling man?Mike Richards PHI (OT)Richard Park NYIEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYDion Phaneuf CALColin WHite NJDAndrew Alberts PHIYan Sauve VANGoalies: EMPTY.... I'm also leaving Petr Sykora and David Moss on the bench, although both are like day-to-day still, I think.

lol, I can't give myself that much credit, you should see the lineups in the game I lost last night in the FCHL:Andrew LaddJean-Pierre DumontRyan ShannonAlexander Steen Stephane VeilleuxDavid JonesBrian PothierPaul MaraKurtis FosterKevin KleinvsRadim VrbataJarret StollJosh GorgesCarlo ColaiacovoAlexandre PicardNeither of us had goalies.Obviously my FCHL lineup is nowhere near my AHL lineup, but his is definitely worse than yours, heh. He also won by 1.5!

• 2 weeks later...
GP W L OTL PTSSTEELHEADS 11 7 3 1 15 DIVISION STANDING: 2nd MUSTANGS 11 4 7 0 8 DIVISION STANDING: LAST
lol..you reporters and your so called "facts"Doesnt mean anything the reality of the standings... :club: