• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a better way of putting it.   "I'm a closeted gay racist" would be the most accurate way of putting it

Cant wait. Looks like a good HBO series. Have been dissapointed in there offerings since The Wire, Sopranos, Deadwood went away. I watched the first few episodes of True Blood but never got in to it. Is it like the Wire where you have to watch half a dozen episodes or so to get into it? It seems to have caught on.

Cant wait. Looks like a good HBO series. Have been dissapointed in there offerings since The Wire, Sopranos, Deadwood went away. I watched the first few episodes of True Blood but never got in to it. Is it like the Wire where you have to watch half a dozen episodes or so to get into it? It seems to have caught on.
First season of True Blood got better almost every week. Second season was pretty solid the whole way through. This season hasn't been as well developed, and it seems like they are rushing to end the season next week.Boardwalk Empire looks like a lot of fun.
Looks awesome. I'm thinking of subscribing to HBO canada. Does HBO Canada get new shows at the same time as the USA channel?
Yes, they show them on the same nights in both countries.
  • 2 weeks later...

My dvr is ready to go for this. I'm going to try to watch this from the beginning instead of catching up via dvd and watching the tail end of shows like I usually do.

I had some issues, but generally it was very good. One thing: why did we see Omar (Michael K. Williams) for 3 seconds in an absolutely meaningless scene and with no introduction of who his character is even slightly, and then not see him for the entire rest of the extended episode? It's a completely unnecessary tease and it just seemed odd. It was like a cameo, except he's apparently a major cast-member. The whole episode I was waiting to see who Omar was (it would have been too funny if he was one of the stick-up boys in the woods - obviously it wasn't gonna be that but it crossed my mind for a second during the episode).There were just a few other little things like that which annoyed me and seemed sloppy even, like two guys with shotguns firing about nine rounds in succession. This is 1920, right?Half of the people we followed through the first episode wound up dead by the end of it. It kind of felt like they crammed a whole season's worth of events into one episode. I liked a lot of it, but some of it was kind of too theatrical. Also, the opening credits were absolutely awful. Show me some glittery lights or something, or at least don't be all moody and depressing. Sheesh. I was afraid that was going to bode badly for the episode but don't get me wrong - I enjoyed it a lot and am totally into this show now, I just wish it had been better and I'm curious if the rest of the season is going to be done in that same style.Steve Buscemi was predictably fantastic. I definitely didn't expect that guy to introduce himself as Al Capone - I thought it was a really funny 'cameo' but now it seems like he's a character, possibly a main character. Could be good, also I could be wrong about how recurring his character is gonna be.

Half of the people we followed through the first episode wound up dead by the end of it. It kind of felt like they crammed a whole season's worth of events into one episode.
might want to re-check the directorhe's known for moving inventory
I had some issues, but generally it was very good. One thing: why did we see Omar (Michael K. Williams) for 3 seconds in an absolutely meaningless scene and with no introduction of who his character is even slightly, and then not see him for the entire rest of the extended episode? It's a completely unnecessary tease and it just seemed odd. It was like a cameo, except he's apparently a major cast-member. The whole episode I was waiting to see who Omar was (it would have been too funny if he was one of the stick-up boys in the woods - obviously it wasn't gonna be that but it crossed my mind for a second during the episode).There were just a few other little things like that which annoyed me and seemed sloppy even, like two guys with shotguns firing about nine rounds in succession. This is 1920, right?Half of the people we followed through the first episode wound up dead by the end of it. It kind of felt like they crammed a whole season's worth of events into one episode. I liked a lot of it, but some of it was kind of too theatrical. Also, the opening credits were absolutely awful. Show me some glittery lights or something, or at least don't be all moody and depressing. Sheesh. I was afraid that was going to bode badly for the episode but don't get me wrong - I enjoyed it a lot and am totally into this show now, I just wish it had been better and I'm curious if the rest of the season is going to be done in that same style.Steve Buscemi was predictably fantastic. I definitely didn't expect that guy to introduce himself as Al Capone - I thought it was a really funny 'cameo' but now it seems like he's a character, possibly a main character. Could be good, also I could be wrong about how recurring his character is gonna be.
Half of the people wound up dead? Which ones? I don't really remember that many people getting killed, except at the end. It's sort of like the Godfather movies where a bunch of people die, this seems like it's going to follow the same formula.I also really enjoyed the "cameo" by Al Capone, I thought it was awesome and never thought that was him.
Half of the people wound up dead? Which ones? I don't really remember that many people getting killed, except at the end.
All four of the guys doing the deal, the abusive husband, and the Italian from Chicago. Like, the death of the Italian could have been a big important and meaningful moment, but it wasn't because we didn't know him well enough to really care. I was like, 'Oh yeah this guy's about to get blasted, too bad, he was kinda funny.' It was like the Godfather, except without taking the time to make us care.