• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 runthemover

runthemover

jano way

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

If you frequent the NFL, NHL, or NBA forums you might have seen the team based fantasy playoff pools I've done in the past. I'm going to do one for baseball this year.it's setup in such a way that anyone can enter. Each player's picks are independent. Here's how it works:Categories:RunsHitsRun Differential (Runs for - runs against)Ks (how many strikeouts did my pitchers get)Scoring:Scores for each competitor are compared at the end of each set of series. Note that scores are standardized to 5 games (divisional series) and 7 games (championship series and world series) by BOCF and WOCF.BOCF - If your team wins the series and plays less than the maximum games for that series, their best observation is carried forward to the remaining games.WOCF - If your team loses the series and plays less than the maximum games for that series, their worst observation is carried forward to the remaining games.e.g. BOCF - Yankees beat the Angels in 3 games. You picked them for Runs. They scored 2, 7, 5 in the first 3 games. games 4 and 5 would each be filled with 7 runs earning you a total of 2 + 7 + 5 + 7 + 7 = 28 runs for the divisional series round.Let's say the Yankees scored the same (2, 7, 5) but lost instead (WOCF). You would have 2 + 7 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 18 runs.Details for each round:Divisional Series - Pick one team for each of the categories. You cannot pick the same team twice. You cannot pick two teams from the same series. You're picking One team from each of the four series. e.g. Runs - Yankees, Hits -Tigers, Run Differential - Diamondbacks, Ks - Phillies (assuming none of them play each other)Championship Series - Pick one team for each of the categories. You may pick the same team twice. You MUST pick two teams from the ALCS and two teams from the NLCS. e.g. Runs - Yankees, Hits - Tigers, Run Differential - Phillies, Ks - PhilliesWorld Series - Pick one team for each of the categories. Pick whatever you want. All one team. Half and half. 3 and 1.Depending on what people want to do, picks can be PMed to me or if we don't care that much we can post them in this thread with spoiler tags and use the honor system. e.g.
Spoiler

#2 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,206 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:52 AM

I'll be in. I recommend posting this in the hockey forum too, since most people don't check here, but a few of them will jump in probably.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#3 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

in as always
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#4 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:41 AM

I'm in.

View Postmrdannyg, on Friday, September 16th, 2011, 5:52 AM, said:

I'll be in. I recommend posting this in the hockey forum too, since most people don't check here, but a few of them will jump in probably.
Only if there's money involved...

#5 runthemover

runthemover

jano way

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

We'll go by the honor system. Post your picks by spoiler. No peeking!Runs:Hits:RD:K:NYYTAMDETTEXPHISTLARIMILI believe it's NYY vs DET, TEX vs TAM, PHI vs STL, MIL vs ARIRemember that you're picking once for each category and each pick must come from a different series.
Spoiler

#6 Tactical Bear

Tactical Bear

Happy Hallowang

• Members
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

K's: PhillsRuns: TigersHits: RangersR/D: BrewersI think that's right, but I'm pretty drunkEDIT: No. That is... not right. But I will leave it as a badge of shame
Quack, Qua-...

I mean, RAAAAAAWWWR!

#7 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,657 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:13 AM

View PostTactical Bear, on Wednesday, September 28th, 2011, 11:58 PM, said:

K's: PhillsRuns: TigersHits: RangersR/D: BrewersI think that's right, but I'm pretty drunkEDIT: No. That is... not right. But I will leave it as a badge of shame
I feel like this is a decoy.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#8 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

Spoiler

#9 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,283 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

Spoiler

Marital Aids.

#10 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,206 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Spoiler

#11 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

Spoiler

QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#12 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

Edit: Wait, that's wrong; did somebody change their answers? I'm looking at you SB.UPDATEDRUNSNYY – mrdannygDET – Tactical BearTEX – runthemover, TherafluMIL – Dread Aidan, SBriandHITSNYY – runthemover, TherafluTEX – mrdannyg, Dread Aidan, Tactical BearDET – SBriand DIFFERENTIALNYY – Dread AidanPHI – runthemover, mrdannyg, TherafluMIL – Tactical BearTEX - SBriandSTRIKE OUTSPHI – SBriand, Dread Aidan, Tactical BearMIL – runthemover, mrdannyg, Theraflu

#13 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

Matt Moore pitched in 3 games this year and Kelly Shoppach had an OPS of .607.Of course Moore has only allowed 2 hits and no runs through 6 7 and Kelly has hit two home runs. Of course. (At least Moore was really, really good in the minors this year.)Also, what the what?Texas - Bottom of 6th (note: down 8-0 at the time)E Andrus walked. J Hamilton sacrificed to pitcher, E Andrus to second.

#14 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,206 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

TB has the best picks, but we all suck. I'm going to win because Tim McCarver saw into my soul and knows that I'm a winner.

#15 runthemover

runthemover

jano way

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

There's obviously something wrong with the scoring because mister daniel G is leading right nowPosted Imageedit: SB's missing "team" for K's on the results table is just a copy/paste mistake from my SAS output windowAs always when the round is done I'll do a double check of my data entry

#16 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,206 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:45 AM

woooooot, i am so friggin smart. I am great. I am a genius.It is very unlikely I lead this after even the first round. Actually kind of pissed - made my picks in 30 seconds. Would've liked to pick more underdogs.

#17 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:38 AM

View Postrunthemover, on Monday, October 3rd, 2011, 9:58 PM, said:

There's obviously something wrong with the scoring because mister daniel G is leading right nowPosted Imageedit: SB's missing "team" for K's on the results table is just a copy/paste mistake from my SAS output windowAs always when the round is done I'll do a double check of my data entry
Your scoring is messed up.It looks like it's the Hits category. For example, you have MDG as 3-0-2 in the Hits category, but he picked Texas and Texas has the fewest hits. And you have SB as 0-5-0 in Hits when his team has the most hits.This is what I have for totals:mrdannyg - 26runthemover - 22Theraflu - 22Tactical Bear - 20SBriand - 18Dread Aidan - 12Edit: Your run differential for PHI is wrong too. They should be -1 for game 2.

#18 runthemover

runthemover

jano way

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Sorry.I indicated Hits as being a negative category and data entry was bad. I'll fix it after tonight's games.edit:Posted Imagehopefully no mistakes this time. But, as I said, this is all draft. When this round is over, I'll do a final double check on everything.FYI, I'll be out of town for a little over a week (starting Friday) so updates on here will be minimal.

#19 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,283 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:41 AM

View Postrunthemover, on Tuesday, October 4th, 2011, 6:12 PM, said:

Sorry.I indicated Hits as being a negative category and data entry was bad. I'll fix it after tonight's games.edit:Posted Imagehopefully no mistakes this time. But, as I said, this is all draft. When this round is over, I'll do a final double check on everything.FYI, I'll be out of town for a little over a week (starting Friday) so updates on here will be minimal.
I was disappointed that I made the same picks as you, but as long as we both win, that's fine. I look forward to matching your brilliance in the next round.
Marital Aids.

#20 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

View Postrunthemover, on Tuesday, October 4th, 2011, 7:12 PM, said:

Posted Imagehopefully no mistakes this time. But, as I said, this is all draft. When this round is over, I'll do a final double check on everything.
Texas had 9 hits in game 3, not 6.mrdannyg - 32runthemover - 24Theraflu - 24Dread Aidan - 22Tactical Bear - 14SBriand - 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users