Phil Gordon Ownage

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say you played pretty ballsy during that match. I doubt you would have played that crazy had it not been a Full Tilt pro. Either way, I can't give you any crap really since you took him for around $850. However, that last call was the difference in who was going home broke. Would you have really made that all-in call with one pair against anybody?

I gotta say you played pretty ballsy during that match. I doubt you would have played that crazy had it not been a Full Tilt pro. Either way, I can't give you any crap really since you took him for around $850. However, that last call was the difference in who was going home broke. Would you have really made that all-in call with one pair against anybody?
The fact that he was a FTP pro played into the decision. After we led on that flop one of my roommates said "he's going to raise you on this flop" and he did exactly that. The pot size bet looked very fishy, as someone with a real hand would usually bet 140-150. The river call was pretty simple, as the read had already been made. The fact that you're faced with a huge bet on the river shouldn't cause you to come off a read made with good instincts.
The biggest moment was Phil's 2 out suckout. The match should have ended right there. The rest was fate. :club: On the last hand Phil overbet like a newbie.
The fact that he was a FTP pro played into the decision. After we led on that flop one of my roommates said "he's going to raise you on this flop" and he did exactly that. The pot size bet looked very fishy, as someone with a real hand would usually bet 140-150. The river call was pretty simple, as the read had already been made. The fact that you're faced with a huge bet on the river shouldn't cause you to come off a read made with good instincts.
since you got help from your room mate, it was tainted win.1 player per hand.I consider Gordon the winner.
No offense, but with exception to the last hand, your friend was smacked in the face with the deck, anyone could have beat him with your cards
i agree. i only watched the first five minutes or so, but i hated floating the flop w/ A8 OOP on a 663 board. of course he turned his 3 outer.

Phil was probably gonna stay since he figured out your friend was a cardrack/calling stationthen he realized it was $400NL and he didnt care....props to you, you beat Peyton Manning in a game of Madden

Phil was probably gonna stay since he figured out your friend was a cardrack/calling stationthen he realized it was $400NL and he didnt care....props to you, you beat Peyton Manning in a game of Madden
You haven't played much heads up have you? Jared is probably the best heads up player on FT at his level. He is also in the top 5 for 6 max $2/$4 if not #1 as well.
Poker videos really are not that funny without a "God damit!!....God bless America!!...Jesus Christ!!" and a "What do I have? 6..7..8...9...10" comment thrown in there somewhere.
FYP
I just got off the phone with Phil.That was his 12 year old niece.gg though
For his sake I hope it was, or that he just didn't care as he played very poorly. I've always had a lot of respect for him, I think he is one of the best spokesmen the game has. That being said, even if he played his A game I think Jared would still take his money.