Mustangs Vs. Cheap Thieves

Which Team would you rather have?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better team?

• Mustangs
    • Cheap Thieves

Recently Serge made a claim that his team was "obviously" better than mine when you take a look at the numbers. He claims his GOALTENDING is better than mine? LOL, laughable. Currently our teams are tied with 137 AHL goals against, but I've had 5 no goalie games to his 1. From an NHL persepective, let's compare the two:Cheap Thieves Goalies1. San Jose Sharks 2.35 (ranks 5th in the NHL)2. Vancouver Canucks 2.60 (ranks 8th in the NHL)3. New York Rangers 3.05 (ranks 20th in the NHL)Mustangs1. Nashville Predators 2.58 (ranks 6th in the NHL)2. Colorado Avalanche 2.90 (ranks 16th in the NHL)3. Toronto Maple Leafs 3.27 (ranks 25th in the NHL) In absolutely every imagineable way my goaltending is better and rates to be much better by seasons end. Defensively, we are exactly tied with 27.0 AHL points per game. His stud on defense, Chris Pronger, may also miss significant time.Cheap Thieves1. Roman Hamrlik, CAL.2. Tom Poti, NYI.3. Aaron Ward, NYR.4. Greg de Vries, ATL.5. Brent Seabrook, CHI.6. Marc-Edouard Vlasic, SJ.7. Toni Lydman, BUF.8. Sean O'Donnell, ANA.9. Adam Foote, CLB.10. Sandis Ozolinsh, NYR.11. Pete Harrold, LA.Mustangs1. Chris Pronger, ANA.2. Teppo Numminen, BUF.3. Darryl Sydor, DAL.4. Martin Skoula, MIN.5. David Tanabe, CAR.6. Brooks Orpik, PIT.7. Robyn Regehr, CAL.8. Yannic Tremblay, VAN.9. Nick Boynton, PHO.10.Andy Delmore, TB. 11.Miko Lehtonen, NAS. Neither of these two defenses have much firepower on them, but the loss of Pronger clearly gives the Thieves the edge not only for this season, but for future seasons. The Mustangs have Andy Delmore signed next year at $3.75 while the Thieves have high hopes for Vlasic and Seabrook. At forward, the Mustangs hold a very small edge in AHL points with 140.5 to 137.0. That could literally change in one game and is pretty close.Cheap Thieves1. Alexander Semin, WAS.2. Olli Jokinen, FLA.3. Simon Gagne, PHI.4. Jason Pominville, BUF.5. Henrik Sedin, VAN.6. Anze Kopitar, LA.7. Keith Tkachuk, STL.8. Alexei Kovalev, MON.9. Corey Perry, ANA.10.Lee Stempniak, STL.11.Ryan Malone, PIT.12.Jussi Jokinen, DAL.13.Raffi Torres, EDM.14.Mike Johnson, MON.15.Jason Chimera, CLB.16.Eric Belanger, CAR.17.Petr Kalus, BOS.Mustangs1. Maxim Afinegonov, BUF.2. Joe Sakic, COL.3. Brian Gionta, NJ.4. Kyel Wellwood, TOR.5. Paul Kariya, NAS.6. Dustin Penner, ANA.7. Daniel Cleary, DET.8. Doug Weight, STL.9. Bryan Smolinski, CHI.10.Sean Avery, LA.11.Chuck Kobasew, CAL.12.Ville Peltonen, FLA.13.Jan Bulis, VAN.14.David Moss, CAL.15.Maxim Laperierre, MON.16.Jeff Halpern, DAL.17.Stephane Vielleux, MIN. By season's end, I think the Thieves forwards will outscore the Mustangs, especially on short nights when Afinegonov doesn't play. We could compare our farm systems, but that might be laughable. Just for fun, let's take a look:Cheap ThievesDefense:Ivan Vishnevskiy, DAL.Alex Goligoski, PIT.Kris Russell, CLB.Marc-Andre Gragnani, BUF.Dustin Kohn, NYI.Danny Richmond, CHI.Keith Seabrook, WAS.Brett Skinner, ANA.Mark Katic, JR.Forwards:Bobby Ryan, ANA.Benoit Pouliot, MIN.Kyle Okposo, NYI.Andrei Kostitsyn, MON.Nicklas Bergsfor, NJ.TJ Oshie, STL.Jack Skille, CHI.MustangsDefense:Pierre Hedin, TOR.Stefan Kronwall, TOR.Jiri Trubachev, CAL.Forwards:Kris Beech, WAS.Marcel Hossa, NYR.Nick Foligno, OTT.Blair Betts, NYR.Brandon Reid, VAN.Milan Bartovic, BUF.Jonas Johansson, WAS.Jonus Nordqvist, CHI.Justin Papineau, STL.Scott Parise, LA.Igor Radolov, CHI.Michael Sivek, PIT.Jeremy Williams, TOR. Wow... just wow... who ARE these guys???? On one side of the coin you are looking at an A farm team versus a D- farm team. Not only is my team slightly better at the moment, but next year without guys like Pronger, Sakic, and Kariya, my team will be even better while the Mustangs have nowhere to go but down.

Goaltending - advantage ThievesDefense - advantage ThievesForwards Overall - advantage ThievesTop 3 Forwards - advantage MustangsFarm Team - LOL advantage Thieves[this is where Serge (missing the point yet again) responds with "Standings - advantage Mustangs"]Let's put it this way...You have been invited to join the AHL, but you have a choice to make. You can choose to have the Mustangs as your team or the Cheap Thieves. Which would you choose?

Mark Katic, JR.
Daniel, have you seen this guy play? He is seriously one of the best skaters I have EVER seen. EVER!!!!Wow, the difference between Daniel's farm team and Serge's is simply astonishing! LMAO
Cheap ThievesDefense:Ivan Vishnevskiy, DAL.Alex Goligoski, PIT.Kris Russell, CLB.Marc-Andre Gragnani, BUF.Dustin Kohn, NYI.Danny Richmond, CHI.Keith Seabrook, WAS.Brett Skinner, ANA.Mark Katic, JR.Forwards:Bobby Ryan, ANA.Benoit Pouliot, MIN.Kyle Okposo, NYI.Andrei Kostitsyn, MON.Nicklas Bergsfor, NJ.TJ Oshie, STL.Jack Skille, CHI.MustangsDefense:Pierre Hedin, TOR.Stefan Kronwall, TOR.Jiri Trubachev, CAL.Forwards:Kris Beech, WAS.Marcel Hossa, NYR.Nick Foligno, OTT.Blair Betts, NYR.Brandon Reid, VAN.Milan Bartovic, BUF.Jonas Johansson, WAS.Jonus Nordqvist, CHI.Justin Papineau, STL.Scott Parise, LA.Igor Radolov, CHI.Michael Sivek, PIT.Jeremy Williams, TOR. Wow... just wow... who ARE these guys???? On one side of the coin you are looking at an A farm team versus a D- farm team. Not only is my team slightly better at the moment, but next year without guys like Pronger, Sakic, and Kariya, my team will be even better while the Mustangs have nowhere to go but down.
Random Thoughts:Anyone watching the JRs with Russell? On fire much?Goglioski will be a beast too, Pens defence will be deadly soon.Who say Kovalev's goal last night? Sick moves, once again.Beech is like 27. He's not a prospect.Sivek is not a prospect.Brandon Reid played really well at the Spengler Cup, fwiw.Hossa/Parise - Will never be what their brothers will be/are.Serge needs to acquire more Maple Leafs.

Hey Daniel...I remember us having an argument about goaltending earlier in the year. Dominik Hasek leads the league in GAA, by a fair margin I might add. 5th in save percentage, 3rd in wins (and he has played a few less games than the guys above him), and only 1 behind Brodeur in shut outs. Not too shabby! :club:

Goaltending - advantage ThievesDefense - advantage ThievesForwards Overall - advantage ThievesTop 3 Forwards - advantage MustangsFarm Team - LOL advantage Thieves[this is where Serge (missing the point yet again) responds with "Standings - advantage Mustangs"]Let's put it this way...You have been invited to join the AHL, but you have a choice to make. You can choose to have the Mustangs as your team or the Cheap Thieves. Which would you choose?
I would choose The Big M's

Marc-Edouard Vlasic, SJ.Alexander Semin, WAS.Anze Kopitar, LA.Kris Russell, CLB.Bobby Ryan, ANA.Benoit Pouliot, MIN.Kyle Okposo, NYI.Nicklas Bergsfor, NJ.TJ Oshie, STL.Jack Skille, CHI.Cheap Thieves prospects are sick all of those players should be stars in the NHL, the top 3 are already playing well in NHL and the bottem 7 are well on there way to the NHL even though Ryan has stumbled a bit.

hey daniël, is this your team in the fantasy hockey game? I've read some things in your blogs about that. Can you give me the link to the site so that i can register and create a team of my own? But i'm from Belgium so i don't know much about hockey LOL. It will be a whole new challenge :club: . But can you compare it to www.hattrick.org ? Here you can start a team and be a footballtrainer. Training 17 year olds and choose a skill ( defence or offense or scoring ....), hire doctors, sell and buy players and all that stuff. It's a very popular game here in Europe. But soccer isn't very popular in the US, i think. I just thought about something, Guchi Oneyewu ( chosen as the best american soccerplayer in 2006 ) actually plays in Belgium. Have you ever heard of him? Probably not :D but hey you can always surprise me :D

hey daniël, is this your team in the fantasy hockey game? I've read some things in your blogs about that. Can you give me the link to the site so that i can register and create a team of my own? But i'm from Belgium so i don't know much about hockey LOL. It will be a whole new challenge :club: . But can you compare it to www.hattrick.org ? Here you can start a team and be a footballtrainer. Training 17 year olds and choose a skill ( defence or offense or scoring ....), hire doctors, sell and buy players and all that stuff. It's a very popular game here in Europe. But soccer isn't very popular in the US, i think. I just thought about something, Guchi Oneyewu ( chosen as the best american soccerplayer in 2006 ) actually plays in Belgium. Have you ever heard of him? Probably not :D but hey you can always surprise me :D
I've actually heard of the game you are talking about but ours is quite different. The link is www.alternativehockeyleague.com, but unfortunately you can be a part of this league. We have 20 franchises already and that is plenty.

What REALLY gets me is that Serge was like, "obviously, based on the numbers my goaltending is better than yours." Colorado and Toronto??? Is he on crack? Not only is my goaltending better now, my star guys are young. Luongo 27 and Lundqvist 24.

yeah, i was trying to rack up some arguments for serge on this one, because he's getting killed, but there is just no way it can be done. it's not that close at the moment in thieve's favour, and isn't even in the same league for the future.serge's forwards might be a little more rounded. that's about all i can say.

Serge can make a team with an okay shot at a championship if he mortgages everything for a shot at one year I think.

Serge can make a team with an okay shot at a championship if he mortgages everything for a shot at one year I think.
This thread is so biased towards daniel so I dont even want to bother..but I told Daniel that my team this year is better than his....And my goalies are better than his on game nights....I have made the right decisions..my forwards are much better than his...end of story
This thread is so biased towards daniel so I dont even want to bother..but I told Daniel that my team this year is better than his....And my goalies are better than his on game nights....I have made the right decisions..my forwards are much better than his...end of story
Oh serge..... everyone's answers have been reasonable, discussing players, and prospects. Not just saying 'Daniel rocks and he's better'. It's legit discussion. Just because you're coming out on the short end, you want to take your ball and go home. Your team is not better. End of story.
Mustangs [ 0 ] [0.00%] Cheap Thieves [ 12 ] [100.00%] You could have at least voted for yourself to get rid of that 0, right?
Oh serge..... everyone's answers have been reasonable, discussing players, and prospects. Not just saying 'Daniel rocks and he's better'. It's legit discussion. Just because you're coming out on the short end, you want to take your ball and go home. Your team is not better. End of story.
but his team is not better this year...so whats the point of arguing...I wont even vote...Look at the standings..look at the pure stats..thats all
but his team is not better this year...so whats the point of arguing...I wont even vote...Look at the standings..look at the pure stats..thats all
so THIS is where i'll find ya on fcp!
It's all funny, but I bolded the funniest part.

How did you go about getting Moss and Cleary and dont say you knew they were gonna have breakout years because there was no evidence to support that, did you also pick up Boyd Devereaux and Kris Newbury?

How did you go about getting Moss and Cleary and dont say you knew they were gonna have breakout years because there was no evidence to support that, did you also pick up Boyd Devereaux and Kris Newbury?
Daniel Cleary was acquired thru a trade with Daniel for Sean OdonnellDavid Moss was a pickup and yes I picked up Kris Newbury earlier today...I like to take chances on pickups as you never know what can happen....Last year Dustin Penner was a pickup in our pool
Daniel Cleary was acquired thru a trade with Daniel for Sean OdonnellDavid Moss was a pickup and yes I picked up Kris Newbury earlier today...I like to take chances on pickups as you never know what can happen....Last year Dustin Penner was a pickup in our pool
Serge checks out the boxscores and picks up whatever players got points that aren't already on an AHL team. He snagged Yannick Trembley like that...pure genius!
yes I picked up Kris Newbury earlier today...
The same Kris Newbury that was told this morning that he'd be re-joining the Marlies next week? Excellent pickup...