• Please log in to reply
4234 replies to this topic

#4221 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

no i want him to question how she is advocating social justice by doing what she did. She didn't deserve a platform like you'd give a sexual assault victim, allowed to share a story without question. he yells at kevin durant's mom, but this lady gets carte blanche to make ridiculous statement after ridiculous statement without any push back.
Spoiler

#4222 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

*you don't get the show*

#4223 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:12 AM

dan never gives people free reign like that. he didn't get the show this time. it was dumb as hell.
Spoiler

#4224 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

Meh, i don't disagree with your larger point, but I think you're expecting too much from the show.

They hardly yelled at KD's mom. They jokingly said Lebron is better to her. It was just silly disrespect. There was no malice
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#4225 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

And he could have easily joked that her releasing this video wasnít helping the cause but he didnít

#4226 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

I think Dan was being cautious because it wasn't an interview that ESPN would normally do or even allow. Like Ron said, I wouldn't be surprised if Dan had to pay out of pocket for it and was given some guidance on how it should go. He says all the time that they make small concessions for ESPN allowing their shenanigans.

And to be fair, while he didn't directly tell her she was full of sh*t, every discussion before and after the interview was basically making fun of her idea of activism, the ridiculousness of the entire thing, and the idea of her as a human cocaine platter.

#4227 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

He goes out of his way to make every interview contentious and awkward except that one. Just didnít make sense

#4228 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

Essay21, on 15 October 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

He goes out of his way to make every interview contentious and awkward except that one. Just didnít make sense

This was a real and serious topic, those others arenít. Especaily in todayís climate, you canít go after a woman in this instance. Even if sheís a cocaine platter

I think he let the audience roll their eyes on their own. It was obvious that she was a bit of a fool.

#4229 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

That was a serious topic? He literally made fun of it for days. He bitched out because of PC culture. I get it now.

#4230 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,009 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:53 AM

Essay21, on 16 October 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

That was a serious topic? He literally made fun of it for days. He bitched out because of PC culture. I get it now.

Ok Clay

He just didnít want to optics of arguing with that woman, if I had to guess

#4231 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:33 PM

View PostRon_Mexico, on 16 October 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

Especaily in today's climate, you can't go after a woman in this instance. Even if she's a cocaine platter

i didn't reference PC culture until you said the above. is that not a reference to PC culture?
Spoiler

#4232 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,009 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:46 PM

You think thatís all a bad thing. I donít. Sometimes itís better not to be a jerk and say whatever you want.

I try to be a better person and not say the stupid shit I used to. It doesnít take that much effort.

We donít need to call people fags, retards, etc.

#4233 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,009 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:54 PM

Itís whatever. I donít care. We clearly are on different sides of the aisle on this stuff. You think Clay Travis is a god and follow Ben Shapiro. Weíre never gonna agree. You do you All good

#4234 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

i dont call people fags or retards anymore either. but i also think people should be allowed to make jokes about harvey weinstein without apologizing.

not my fault you've been swept up by the morality through being social justice wave where the color of your skin or the way you identify yourself makes you the only authority on something.
Spoiler

#4235 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,009 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Meh, I donít agree with that either. The people youíre referencing are on the fringes. The loonies with 10 followers get mainstream covereage by saying stupid shit. Media outlets want the clickbait and grab it Thatís the biggest problem of them all. And iím Not taking about msm. Iím talking about clickbait crap that gets aggregated by yahoo and the like.

Anyway, people l, when they actually talk in person, usually find they have more in common than they realize

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users