daniel....i got a serious question

I have $1,000 that I recently deposited, and i havent played a single hand yet. I'm wanting to get advice on what limits to play. I don't like limit or pot limit hold em, I am strictly a no limit player. I refuse to play short handed poker as well (thats a damn donkey land mine). So I need advice of what no limit 10 handed game would be good for a starting bankroll of $1,000. I was thinking maybe $4/8 or $5/10, let me know whenever you get some time. Thanks Bro'. :wall: :canadarocks:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with insano. Most tables have a limit as to the amount of money you can enter a cash game with, but they definitely have a minimum amount you can enter a game with as well. If NL you must, go 1/2 or 2/4 tops. The last live cash NL game I played, 2/4 the minimum to sit was 250, and you will not see a flop for less than 20 or 40 bucks.4/8 or 5/10 NL, online or not 1,000 is a little small to enter that game, your stack will get ate up.Los

ive played the .50/1 and $1/2 games on hollywood poker, and the amount of donkeys that want to see every flop for a pipe dream is ridiculous. thats why i would rather play the higher limits to get rid of those losers who will eventually lose their money and will never be seen at the $4/8 and $5/10. thanks for the advice though. :wall: :canadarocks:

4/8 or 5/10? Your bankroll is not nearly enough. If you want to gamle.. thats what you are doing at that level. Don't go higher than the 1/2NL until you make $2000. Then go up to 2/4... and so on.I would recomend starting at 50 cents/1 dollar to start withI hate online poker. Lol

I am strictly a no limit player. I refuse to play short handed poker as well (thats a damn donkey land mine).
And this is a problem because......................................
I have $1,000 that I recently deposited, and i havent played a single hand yet. I'm wanting to get advice on what limits to play. I don't like limit or pot limit hold em, I am strictly a no limit player. I refuse to play short handed poker as well (thats a damn donkey land mine). So I need advice of what no limit 10 handed game would be good for a starting bankroll of $1,000. I was thinking maybe $4/8 or $5/10, let me know whenever you get some time. Thanks Bro'. :wall: :canadarocks:
Isnt that what you want, its easier to beat bad players. Definatley below 1/2, any higher and running bad for a few sessions will kill the roll.

and the problem with donkey land mines is that, you will run good most of the time against them (only if there is 1 or 2 at a table). i'm talking, the more there are, more then likely you are to be crushed with hands like 10 8, no matter of the amount you raise preflop.it seems like every player at the 6 handed .50/$1 is a WPT brainwashed nut.

Two facts about poker:1. Every pro will tell you to start with the small games and stay exclusively within your bankroll. 2. None of them did.
Best post in the whole bunch. This is so very true, every poker forum you will get on you will have a bunch of experts telling you to play micro limits, when you don't have sufficient bankroll. For the most part, its solid advice.Here is a different point of view. If your $1000 bankroll is not able to be replentished, then play micro limits and only micro limits. If you work, or have some other way of earning extra money (money outside your monthly nut) then you can take a chance playing in the bigger game. I think you should play the largest game that you can beat. If you can beat the bigger games, you shouldn't be playing in the smaller games. For the most part, if your new to poker, you cant beat any game. Thats fine too, we all started there. Phil Ivey used to go telemarketing when he would run out of money to play poker. He would repeat this cycle over and over. He would go broke, go back to his telemarketing job, make some money, quit, and go play poker. Now our hero is no Phil Ivey, but I'd bet he and many other pros dont follow the bankroll requirements that you will read about in books.

Get out of the general forums. Notice the dark text to the left of your screen. Hit the one that says Poker Forum. Then scroll all the way down to strategy or online poker. There are a ton more helpful people here.By the way, I doubt DN would answer your question in general. You chances of a reply from him would skyrocket if you send him a private message. Again, look left young grasshopper.

Two facts about poker:1. Every pro will tell you to start with the small games and stay exclusively within your bankroll. 2. None of them did.
Best post in the whole bunch. This is so very true, every poker forum you will get on you will have a bunch of experts telling you to play micro limits, when you don't have sufficient bankroll. For the most part, its solid advice.Here is a different point of view. If your $1000 bankroll is not able to be replentished, then play micro limits and only micro limits. If you work, or have some other way of earning extra money (money outside your monthly nut) then you can take a chance playing in the bigger game. I think you should play the largest game that you can beat. If you can beat the bigger games, you shouldn't be playing in the smaller games. For the most part, if your new to poker, you cant beat any game. Thats fine too, we all started there. Phil Ivey used to go telemarketing when he would run out of money to play poker. He would repeat this cycle over and over. He would go broke, go back to his telemarketing job, make some money, quit, and go play poker. Now our hero is no Phil Ivey, but I'd bet he and many other pros dont follow the bankroll requirements that you will read about in books.
Let me make sure I have this right:1. you have a serious question for the founder of this web site2. your ID is Masturbaitor spelled out in trendy alternating caps3. you have asked the founder of this web site a standard poker strategy question that anyone on this site can probalby answer and/or have insight to.4. you created a whole new thread to post your very serious question.Man, this is serious indeed. Thanks for the post.

questions addressed to negreanu creating a new public thread - 684,729times negreanu has answered - .....any guesses? maybe its a coincidence that every single one of those 684,729 people possesed an IQ slightly lower than plywood.

There are so many assclowns online that it makes it hard to handle. My best advice is to find a limit that works and go from there. If you get discouraged, quit. Online poker sucks. Everyone thinks that they are a hero. They play like their favorite poker players, but they dont understand the difference between heads up and multi-player tables. Who knows, maybe im the asshead who knows nothing of online poker.

questions addressed to negreanu creating a new public thread - 684,729times negreanu has answered - .....any guesses? maybe its a coincidence that every single one of those 684,729 people possesed an IQ slightly lower than plywood.
Who the hell is Phil Hellmuth? Wait i know this. He is the guy holding the Little Ceaser's Pizza sign in front of the mall.
Let me know how the $5 $10 NL goes with a $1000You need at least a $20k bankroll to play this highDont even think about playing above $0.5 $1 with $1000.
Everyone has there own comfort level on which limit to play. I think that if you are comfortable playing 5-10 the 1k bankroll will be just fine. You may lose it but hey we have all been there. You also fon'tneed to ask DN this question because as you can see everyone here has an opinion. Good or bad we all have something to say. Good luck
Everyone has there own comfort level on which limit to play. I think that if you are comfortable playing 5-10 the 1k bankroll will be just fine. You may lose it but hey we have all been there. You also fon'tneed to ask DN this question because as you can see everyone here has an opinion. Good or bad we all have something to say. Good luck
1k is 1 buy in @ 5/10.
1k is 1 buy in @ 5/10.
Yep, probably one of the worst pieces of advice I have ever heard. Sure, go ahead and play 5/10 if thats what your comfortable doing. you may lose your whole roll in 5 seconds but hey, we have all been there. Zip it up if thats the best advice you can come up with. .5-1 should be your max. People who say they cant beat the donks cant beat them because they are not good enough, and no other reason. learn how to beat the low limits because you definitly wont be able to touch the higher limits.

Limit games now, eh? Most agree that to enter a limit game you want to bring in 20-40 times the big blind minimum or 50-60 times the big blind maximum. Put don't sit down if you don't have the time it takes to get through a typical movie. If I bring a decent size amount say, $150 into a 4/8 stud game, it's enough to get you through the antes and possibly 20 or so folds if those are the moves you have to make, and still be able to play at hands you need to play at.Of course, I'm no DN or PH, but than again, who really is?