So I'm sure most of you watch HSP, even if you don't watch it when it is brand new on GSN on Sundays, it's on youtube obviously. This is about the last hand on Episode 2 Season 5, a hand where Barry raising AA UTG and get 7 callers. Intense action ensues.http://pokerroad.com/radio/tips-from-the-b...an-and-eastgateAnd this^ is very interesting and exploratory. I was interested in both his and Dwan's thought processes in the hand, so I loved this. His part about the suits of his aces was something I never thought about for a second :club:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that really is an awesome hand. Protip: Never buy-in for 500k with Tom Dwan at your table. I think BG's right, that THIS was PE's mistake.also thought it was neat how Dwan supposedly raised on the ten blocker, knowing that it's almost impossible for anyone to hold tens full. I never even consider blockers outside of PLO.

I would love to know what Dwan would have done if Eastgate had called the 100k on the turn. The fact that Eastgate has 500k behind is the reason he folded but if he just calls on the turn its going to take a lot of balls for dwan to bluff shove 300k+ on the river. This might sound bad but Eastgate calling on the turn and folding to a river bet might be best because his hand would look so rediculously strong after calling on the turn. Added to this Eastgate has a history of being passive with his big hands like the trip sixes hand earlier. I don't think Dwan can shove the river if Eastgate calls the turn because it just looks like Eastgate is never folding.

His toughts on not buying in big are interesting, will keep it in mind when playing larger live games.

I would love to know what Dwan would have done if Eastgate had called the 100k on the turn. The fact that Eastgate has 500k behind is the reason he folded but if he just calls on the turn its going to take a lot of balls for dwan to bluff shove 300k+ on the river. This might sound bad but Eastgate calling on the turn and folding to a river bet might be best because his hand would look so rediculously strong after calling on the turn. Added to this Eastgate has a history of being passive with his big hands like the trip sixes hand earlier. I don't think Dwan can shove the river if Eastgate calls the turn because it just looks like Eastgate is never folding.
Dwan obv has to shut down if Eastgate calls. I don't have a clue why eastgate doesn't call. I don't think Greenstein played that badly.
Dwan obv has to shut down if Eastgate calls. I don't have a clue why eastgate doesn't call. I don't think Greenstein played that badly.
Probably because Eastgate doesn't know who Dwan is. :club:
Yeah I never really thought about buy ins this way. Of course if I ever am able to buy in comfortably for 500k life is pretty damn good if I win or lose.
Just remember that you said that when/if you lose $500k.
durrrr is so sick. He is the best player at the table no doubt
He really is making everyone else look horrendous so far.Especially Zigmund. Check broadway three streets and c/r the river when it's three flush and get a call from TPNK because your image and line are so retarded? Jesus christ, I wish I had those moves.
He really is making everyone else look horrendous so far.Especially Zigmund. Check broadway three streets and c/r the river when it's three flush and get a call from TPNK because your image and line are so retarded? Jesus christ, I wish I had those moves.
That play was amazing.

This is clearly only a play that can be made at high limit poker. Don't go trying this at your local 1-2 or 2-5 game cuz you're getting shoved in on by the 24o and then AA will put his stack in there too. But, it was very interesting to see how Barry interpreted Dwan's read on the hand with the ten blocker. I think if Barry took a little more time, he may have broken down the possible thought process and put his remaining stack in the center. Just a SICK SICK play by Tom Dwan -- it's why he's clearly one of the best big bet poker players in the world.

I just re-watched the hand. I have to honest, this play is way above my head. I mean, Barry's c-bet is strong and Dwan knows there are 7 other players in the pot, AND he still raised the flop. From there, it's down to the three guys who actually got something. Dwan felt that it was very unlikely Eastgate had tens full cuz he had a ten blocker, also Barry seemed to have a big pair here. He puts in 104,200 into about 137k. The other two players know how can make this kind of analysis, so he knows he has the worst hand, and still puts in the big money. VERY SICK. Was he trying to represent A2d b/c the board read 2s Td 2c 7d......A2d is a possible candidate. Still wow! When I feel like I am beat, I fold. Maybe that's why I'm not rich like Tom Dwan. He just put the money in there regardless. Amazing!

This is clearly only a play that can be made at high limit poker. Don't go trying this at your local 1-2 or 2-5 game cuz you're getting shoved in on by the 24o and then AA will put his stack in there too. But, it was very interesting to see how Barry interpreted Dwan's read on the hand with the ten blocker. I think if Barry took a little more time, he may have broken down the possible thought process and put his remaining stack in the center. Just a SICK SICK play by Tom Dwan -- it's why he's clearly one of the best big bet poker players in the world.
Well he says he was still thinking about the hand 2 months later. I think Doyle and Eli might have called a clock by then though...

I just want to say that I think Peter Eastgate is playing really fine. He's certainly not the NL cash game player that most of the others are on the table, but he's playing very well for his level and comfort zone. Certainly we can make an argument for Peter to have played differently in this hand, but there are a lot of others (his winner A6 v Durrr, good laydown with AK v Negreanu, nice pot vs Ziiigmund) that are really great hands that he should be very happy with.

See, what noone realises is that Dwan is actually just really lucky. He thought he was value raising his QT on the flop and then value betting the turn.
Obv a level
I just want to say that I think Peter Eastgate is playing really fine. He's certainly not the NL cash game player that most of the others are on the table, but he's playing very well for his level and comfort zone. Certainly we can make an argument for Peter to have played differently in this hand, but there are a lot of others (his winner A6 v Durrr, good laydown with AK v Negreanu, nice pot vs Ziiigmund) that are really great hands that he should be very happy with.
The hand vs. Zigmund was terrible on Zigmunds part. How does he call Eastgate with 99 on that board? Like wtf. Zigmund is just showing me nothing so far in this game, no matter how good he is online, he's looking like a fish in this game.Eastgates flat on the end in the hand with A6 was not bad at all though. Despite what Durrr says, I dunno if he actually calls Eastgate on that river in all honesty. It would be a pretty bad call.
See, what noone realises is that Dwan is actually just really lucky. He thought he was value raising his QT on the flop and then value betting the turn.
This isn't true???
The hand vs. Zigmund was terrible on Zigmunds part. How does he call Eastgate with 99 on that board? Like wtf. Zigmund is just showing me nothing so far in this game, no matter how good he is online, he's looking like a fish in this game.Eastgates flat on the end in the hand with A6 was not bad at all though. Despite what Durrr says, I dunno if he actually calls Eastgate on that river in all honesty. It would be a pretty bad call.
Ziigmund does look awful. Clearly the guys he spars with on FT have an edge on him when they play live, and then he just makes bad plays against the others, not taking into consideration who they are and how they play....it's like he's playing durrrr in every hand he's in.
How great would it be if he was actually that bad though? If he made a play so horrendous that it turned out to be genius.
That would be great. Durrrr did write in the 2+2 thread that "sometimes you just have to empty your clip" which I'm certain isn't the level of thinking he was really on, but he was reeeaaallly gambling that Eastgate was good enough to lay his 2's down.
His toughts on not buying in big are interesting, will keep it in mind when playing larger live games.
Even 200k buy in is 250 BB's at their 400/800 game
How great would it be if he was actually that bad though? If he made a play so horrendous that it turned out to be genius.
A huge determining factor is what stakes your playing. I do this at a $10NL game and I'm a donk, do it with 500k in front and I'm a poker prodigy.
Would be rather hilarious :club: