Wsop Main Event Final Table Rail Thread

The final table of the main event begins at Noon Pacific today. I don't have a rooting interest in anybody myself but I'm sure many of you have your favorites.Seat 1 - Jon Kalmar - 20.32 million Seat 2 - Lee Childs - 13.24 million Seat 3 - Philip Hilm - 22.07 million Seat 4 - Jerry Yang - 8.45 million Seat 5 - Raymond Rahme - 16.32 million Seat 6 - Tuan Lam - 21.315 million Seat 7 - Alex Kravchenko - 6.57 million Seat 8 - Lee Watkinson - 9.925 million Seat 9 - Hevad 'Rain' Khan - 9.205 million And the prizepool they're playing for: 1st - $8,250,0002nd - $4,840,9813rd - $3,048,0254th - $1,852,7215th - $1,255,0696th - $956,2437th - $705,2298th - $585,934 9th - $525,934

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am going to order the PPV. Starts at 3pm my time and I'll be home by 5:15pm. I'll start the TiVo for it so I can skip the dead time.COME ON :club:!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEE
That guy Lee Childs lives like 5 mins from my house. I don't know him but it's nice to see a local making some cash.

Hi,i got a question.Are this Year less People at the Mainevent than last Year? Because the Prize Money is less then last Year. 8.5 Million. Last Year 12.5 Million. Or is the Structure changed?I´m a little bit suprised. I thougt maybe this Year 15 Million´s could it be.Greets Turbo-Boost2000P.S.Sorry fo my bad English.

So Lee Watkinson picks up another 10M if he wins the thing because he qualified on FTP....everytime I look up this guy is at a final table, so I'm surprised to hear that he qualified on FTP...I'm guessing he did it for this bonus and if he didn't qualify he would just straight buy? GG him.

I think I am going to order the PPV. Starts at 3pm my time and I'll be home by 5:15pm. I'll start the TiVo for it so I can skip the dead time.COME ON :club:!
They are not showing hole cards right?

Wondering that if they get 4 handed with Watkinson among the 4 if they'll start to softplay each other to let Lee win the tourney and chop his 10M...I don't know much about the other players at this table so I'm not sure if they are more about winning this thing than the extra cash.

Go RaiNKhAN! :)I guess if noone finds a way to watch the live-stream for free I'll just follow the updates and maybe download the thing tomorrow. Yeah, I'm too cheap to pay $20 for that (and I'm not even sure that works for non-americans). :club:

They are not showing hole cards right?
I was just coming on to ask that question. I really don't know the answer.
Wondering that if they get 4 handed with Watkinson among the 4 if they'll start to softplay each other to let Lee win the tourney and chop his 10M...I don't know much about the other players at this table so I'm not sure if they are more about winning this thing than the extra cash.
The $10 million is not a lump sum. It's basically an endorsement contract for the next 10 years I believe.
Hi,i got a question.Are this Year less People at the Mainevent than last Year? Because the Prize Money is less then last Year. 8.5 Million. Last Year 12.5 Million. Or is the Structure changed?I´m a little bit suprised. I thougt maybe this Year 15 Million´s could it be.Greets Turbo-Boost2000P.S.Sorry fo my bad English.
Both points are true. There are less people, and they changed the pay out structure to give more money to the lower levels.There are less people than last year, but many many more than most people expected after the passage of the anti-gaming internet law passed by the Democrat controlled congress. :club:

Pretty interesting question about chopping the 10M, even if it's 1M per year you could figure out how to disburse it, but there are ways to get around the spirit of it.In any event, if another guy wins it, can't he just approach FT and say, "pay me 950K per year for ten years and I'll do what you want"?Anyone in Toronto watching the PPV downtown? Any bars have it? I'm sure they do.E.g., Harbour Sports Grille had the UFC/PRIDE fights, maybe I'll give them a call.

Pretty interesting question about chopping the 10M, even if it's 1M per year you could figure out how to disburse it, but there are ways to get around the spirit of it.In any event, if another guy wins it, can't he just approach FT and say, "pay me 950K per year for ten years and I'll do what you want"?Anyone in Toronto watching the PPV downtown? Any bars have it? I'm sure they do.E.g., Harbour Sports Grille had the UFC/PRIDE fights, maybe I'll give them a call.
Harbour Sports Grille is owned by Howie Goldfarb who finished 2nd in the main event about 12 or 13 years ago, I'm too lazy to look up the year.