How Would Daniel Play This?

I'm not sure if this is allowed to go here but i though as DN seems to be participating more in strat of late that it'd be really interesting to get his take on this hand.The hand isn't played by me. It's played by a 2+2 member in the $1k Sunday Mil. The two villains in the hand are the only people he recognizes at the table.Poker Stars $1000 $50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 9 playersThe Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.comHero (BB): t9750Antonio7 (UTG): t12260pairDboard21 (UTG+1): t10465riverdave (UTG+2): t10425fourply1 (MP1): t9750gillete (MP2): t8775PaNdaY (CO): t9900remen (BTN): t9875Kastrupvej (SB): t8100Pre Flop: Hero is BB with K :club: K :D1 fold, pairDboard21 raises to t145, riverdave raises to t450, 5 folds, Hero calls t400, pairDboard21 calls t305Flop: (t1375) 2 :D Q :D 8 :)(3 players)Hero checks, pairDboard21 checks, riverdave checksTurn: (t1375) 5 :D(3 players)Hero checks, pairDboard21 bets t600, riverdave raises to t1200, Hero foldsWhat are people's thoughts on this hand? Most of the experienced tourney players at 2+2 commented that it's played perfectly, but i'm mystified as to why.Flat calling PF, checking a harmless flop, checking a harmless turn, giving up to a min-raise.I'm not saying he played it badly, but i'd never ever think of playing KK this way.

Listen, Im not very good at poker. I'm the first to admit that. But I feel like even with my limited knowledge out of books everyone has read I can say this was played terribly. He needs to 3-bet preflop with such a strong hand, everyone decent does that. Daniel did recently at the WPT.He should value bet the flop with his overpair, but maybe he's trying for a c/r here and if thats the case I think its a good move since with 2 preflop raisers someone will usually bet here.The turn fold is what I dont get, he has a hugely underrepped hand on a totally safe board, I think a call or raise is right here.

1) I would probably RR pre most of the time, but some may not since there is no one new behind you and your call may look weak leaving UTG+1 a chance to 3-bet for you. Then you could come over the top and play a huge pot pre but...2) Checking (obv with the intentions of c/r) is often done by a lot of people, but I think leading here and reevaluating if you get raised is a better course of actions.3) Not sure why he folds the turn, up to that point in the hand the way he played it there's little to no indication for K-K being beat. The small bet and min-raise don't mean that K-K are beat, he needs to 3-bet to find that out.IMO, this hands a f*cking dumpster fire but what do I know...

In the future don't post new threads in this section. I'll answer this one though: Me no likey. The smooth call pre-flop isn't terrible. I do that too sometimes in that situation as a re-raise will only get you into a situation where you play a big pot against AA, and all other hands (aside from KK) will likely fold. The post flop play isn't very good at all. I would probably have checked that flop also. If it went bet big, re-raise big, I'd consider folding. If it goes bet call, or check check bet, I'm raising here. Once the flop is checked around I'm betting 65% of the pot on the turn. If I'm raised here it's decision time for sure, but I'm not dogging this hand twice in this situation. For someone to raise you on the turn they'll have to have a strong hand since you called a raise and a re-raiise... you could have QQ. Checking, though, might lead opponents to believe their AQ is good, or even JJ.