Pre Order The Breakthrough: Politics And Race In The Age Of Obama

http://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-Politic...a/dp/038552501XELECTION 2008VP debate moderator Ifill releasing pro-Obama bookFocuses on blacks who are 'forging a bold new path to political power'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Posted: September 30, 20088:35 pm EasternBy Bob Unruh© 2008 WorldNetDaily Gwen Ifill The moderator of Thursday's vice-presidential debate is writing a book to come out about the time the next president takes the oath of office that aims to "shed new light" on Democratic candidate Barack Obama and other "emerging young African American politicians" who are "forging a bold new path to political power."Gwen Ifill of the Public Broadcasting Service program "Washington Week" is promoting "The Breakthrough," in which she argues the "black political structure" of the civil rights movement is giving way to men and women who have benefited from the struggles over racial equality.Ifill declined to return a WND telephone message asking for a comment about her book project and whether its success would be expected should Obama lose. But she has faced criticism previously for not treating candidates of both major parties the same.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And who exactly is suprised by this? If you are you mush have been living a cave the last several decades!!!

How about the next presidential debate is done by GOP cheerleader Sean Hannity!
Good idea but I think you need a more openminded person...i am thinking Rush would be a natural fit.

Are you all so naive as to think that there are ANY competent journalists that DON'T have any personal opinions or preferences. All you're doing is trying to come up with excuses, pre-debate for the possibility of Sarah Palin doing less than well.

Are you all so naive as to think that there are ANY competent journalists that DON'T have any personal opinions or preferences. All you're doing is trying to come up with excuses, pre-debate for the possibility of Sarah Palin doing less than well.
Not at all, just pointing out the hypocrisy here...Lets just say that say that her book was about the rise of women in politics, with 1/4 of the book dedicated to Sarah Palin... The Liberal Media would be up in arms!The question is, do you think that a woman with book about Barak Obama coming out should be conducting a debate?There isn't a journalist available without a book coming out?Bring Back Lehrer... He did a good job
Not at all, just pointing out the hypocrisy here...Lets just say that say that her book was about the rise of women in politics, with 1/4 of the book dedicated to Sarah Palin... The Liberal Media would be up in arms!The question is, do you think that a woman with book about Barak Obama coming out should be conducting a debate?There isn't a journalist available without a book coming out?Bring Back Lehrer... He did a good job
I would hope that she'd be as even-handed as Lehrer. If she isn't it will be apparent to all watchers not just the Republican publicity machine.
WHAT? Do you know the national uproar that would happen if a moderator was releasing a complimentary book about John McCain on inauguration day?!?!?Hell, the democrats wouldn't even debate each other on Fox. This women is blatantly biased towards Obama and if she had any decency she would disqualify herself. She doesn't have the character or integrity to do so.You are right that all journalists have personal opinions. People like Jim Lehrer and Sam Donaldson are left wingers, but they have the integrity and sense of duty to be fair in their interviews and would be embarrassed to go easier on the dems than on the repubs. This woman has no such integrity, she doesn't hide her bias, do doubt she is probably considered a hero in MSM circles.
WHAT? Do you know the national uproar that would happen if a moderator was releasing a complimentary book about John McCain on inauguration day?!?!?Hell, the democrats wouldn't even debate each other on Fox. This women is blatantly biased towards Obama and if she had any decency she would recuse herself. She doesn't have the character or integrity to do so.You are right that all journalists have personal opinions. People like Jim Lehrer and Sam Donaldson are left wingers, but they have the integrity and sense of duty to be fair in their interviews and would be embarrassed to go easier on the dems than on the repubs. This woman has no such integrity, she doesn't hide her bias, do doubt she is probably considered a hero in MSM circles.
Sigh, I guess what I was saying was that I'd wait and see how she does moderate the debate before tarring, feathering and running her out of town.
Sigh, I guess what I was saying was that I'd wait and see how she does moderate the debate before tarring, feathering and running her out of town.
yea let her moderate a biased debate and they say to everyone in the country "that wasn't very fair, please ignore what you saw"that will work real well.
yea let her moderate a biased debate and they say to everyone in the country "that wasn't very fair, please ignore what you saw"that will work real well.
You don't exactly have an alternative do you?
You don't exactly have an alternative do you?
Sigh, I guess what he was doing was venting a frustration against an obvious bias that you wrote off as "naive" and just par for the course and should be given the benefit of the doubt prior to the actual event.Sigh.
Sigh, I guess what he was doing was venting a frustration against an obvious bias that you wrote off as "naive" and just par for the course and should be given the benefit of the doubt prior to the actual event.Sigh.
thank-you

FWIW, from what I remember from the VP debates in 04 she did a fairly good job. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt that she can keep it moderated and not put her spin on it.Does anyone know if these debates are going to be at the table just like Cheney/Edwards. I really liked that format. (But that could be because Cheney made Edwards look ridiculous the entire evening :club: )

FWIW, from what I remember from the VP debates in 04 she did a fairly good job. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt that she can keep it moderated and not put her spin on it.Does anyone know if these debates are going to be at the table just like Cheney/Edwards. I really liked that format. (But that could be because Cheney made Edwards look ridiculous the entire evening :club: )
The table could make Edwards look ridiculous, especially if it was shiny enough for him to get lost in admiring his own image.
http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.as...63326&cat=5
The table could make Edwards look ridiculous, especially if it was shiny enough for him to get lost in admiring his own image.
That's really not fair.He only looks in the mirror for 10-20minutes to get the 'do just right.Then he uses the old" My wife doesn't satisfy my needs ever since she started chemo" line to pick up women.