Flintsword Qualifies For Wpt Prague In December

I came back from the WPT Paris I was literally floating on air ... playing poker at that level is a dream-come-true for sure.I hit my work like a demon for a few weeks. I played a few PartyPoker $1.60 ReBuys for the WPT Amneville for fun but got nowhere real fast :ts ... then lost a few hundred dollars on the $1/$2 PLO Hi tables at Party (I am such a fish at that game despite working it hard ... :qh )I then posted in my Blog that I wanted to qualify for another WPT seat ... Prague. The next day ... :5c I played in a $40 sub-qualifier on PartyPoker beating out 49 other players to win 1st. My prize was a $400 entry fee to the WPT Prague Qualifier on Sunday morning. :3h The $400 WPT Prague Qualifier had 98 players and I managed to come in 1st place, winning one of four $7,500 WPT spots in Prague this December.I will be trying to improve on my 25th place cash in the WPT Paris Grand Prix in Sept 2011 when I play in Prague.Prague ... I am keen to "Czech it out" ... (could not resist :jh )I said it before but it bears saying again ... thanks to all of the posters on FullContactPoker.com ... I know it sounds hokey but the main reason I have been improving is the information I glean from reading the many good posts on this forum over the years & of course www.pokerVT.com.This will be the first year that I have played in two (2) :club: WPT events so I am pretty excited/happy/crazy and I will keep FCP informed of my progress at this WPT.I really want to make a Final Table this time :4h but just playing in this kind of event is the main reward.

What a sicko; congrats and good luck!
Absolutely. A good friend of mine in Vegas who steadfastly maintains I should live in an aquarium :3h had this to say: "Since you have won a second WPT seat this year I will take my shotgun outside and start shooting bacon out of the skies." :3h ... no doubt a not-funny reference to an earlier statement he made that I would win a seat in a WPT "when pigs fly ..."I just tried to play good, tight-aggressive poker with an under-current of deviousness :4h . I took the chip lead after a few levels and kept it through most of the tournament, surrendering the chip lead to make the final table in 7th place ... later drifting into dead last due to being card dead. One double up put me back into the pack and card dead I drifted back to last place card dead.I double up again w AK (spiking a K on the turn) but this time, a few hands later, in a five way pot I raise in MP w 7 :D 7 :D I spike a set on a 2 :D 9 :D 7 :qh flop :club: so I bet 4,000 into the 16,200 pot (750/1,500 - ante 150) only to get RAISED 12,000 :5c by someone who slow played KK. I call and min-raise the 3 :jh turn. The KK bets 28,661 all-in which has me covered so I call my 18,676. River 3 :club: and I am in 2nd place w 80,000+.I won't bore you with the back-and-forth but seven-handed (in the money) I saw: :ts One player gets tossed to the rail in 7th place pushing K3s all in, picked off by K5o ... he wins $1,425. :4h I toss the next guy when my AKs outruns his QQ. I get the chip lead, he gets the rail + $2,137 & 6th place. :5c I take out the guy in 5th w my set of threes against his QQ. He wins $3,562 ... I get the WPT Seat :ts It was pretty exciting.

I haven't been to Prague myself but the rumours are that it is not as cheap as it used to be and they get a lot of stag trips there now. The line between what is a strip club and what is a brothel is supposed to be pretty shady at best so I guess we know how they attract a lot of poker players. Have fun and run good!

wow, wtg and congrats again gl to you

• 2 weeks later...

sick run, congrats!! Be careful in the airport, (I know this probably goes for most places but) two seperate friends of mine arrived in prague and got pick-pocketed/robbed in the airport so just watch out.

• 2 weeks later...

gl and tid both of you :club:

It's quite the poker festival they're having in PragueAn EPT, WPT plus a lot of other events all at the same location over 12 days. http://www.praguepokerfestival.com/calenda...ents-in-prague/
Thanks Bob, that was really helpful. I am booked and ready to go. Does anyone have some insight on how the average Czech poker player approaches the game? Insane loose like our good friends the Ruskies? LAG Swedish?By the way Bob, Heads up yesterday for a $750 Qualifier seat for the WPT Five Diamond Qualifier this Sunday I busted "weichhart", the guy that rivered a str8 against your set of jacks last March in the $5 Millions. (Game reference) I will keep everyone informed of progress and thanks all for the good wishes. Now all I need is a stainless steel suit for when I sit down with those sharks ... :club:
Thanks Bob, that was really helpful. I am booked and ready to go. Does anyone have some insight on how the average Czech poker player approaches the game? Insane loose like our good friends the Ruskies? LAG Swedish?By the way Bob, Heads up yesterday for a $750 Qualifier seat for the WPT Five Diamond Qualifier this Sunday I busted "weichhart", the guy that rivered a str8 against your set of jacks last March in the $5 Millions. (Game reference) I will keep everyone informed of progress and thanks all for the good wishes. Now all I need is a stainless steel suit for when I sit down with those sharks ... :club:
Pretty funny that you remember the beat I took, I don't even remember it.
see you there flintsword :4h
Now that is great news :club: ... another FCPer in the WPT.I am good for a glass of champagne / beer / coffee while there (or think dinner ...) so track me down. My name is "Yves Farges" although I also answer to "Hey you", "You there, genius", and unfortunately I have been known to answer to "Hey ... luckbox!" :ts PartyPoker qualification?
Pretty funny that you remember the beat I took, I don't even remember it.
I don't always log in but I really do use this forum a lot to improve my game.I was following the $5 million back in March and remember seeing your post.Yesterday, after I won the $750 WPT Five Diamond Qualifier for this Sunday, I looked up the guy that I beat heads up and up pops your game. I said "I remember this" ... the magic of research I guess.This player "weichhart" has a range as wide as the Grand Canyon :club: so he could have been pushing two pair in your hand since he was pretty well priced in for the river all-in but it did look like a lock for the str8.This guy was aggro enough that earlier in the sub-qualifier I trapped him slow-playing AA (we were three handed ...). If you are interested, check out my Blog ... I have the whole hand there.
Now that is great news :club: ... another FCPer in the WPT.I am good for a glass of champagne / beer / coffee while there (or think dinner ...) so track me down. My name is "Yves Farges" although I also answer to "Hey you", "You there, genius", and unfortunately I have been known to answer to "Hey ... luckbox!" :ts PartyPoker qualification?
I don't think he qualified that way but I could be wrong , he has the money for the buyin after taking 3rd in the WPT event 16 in Fld last week plus his 2010 PCA main event win :4h , have fun you two
  • 2 weeks later...

The WPT Prague starts in one hour :4h .The trip in Vancouver - Amsterdam - Prague was a little long but I am over the jet lag.There will be ten levels for Day 1A, each of sixty minutes w a 15 min break every 2 levels. Everyone starts with 30,000 tournament chips, so it is deep stack city for a while at least.The 1st level is 50/100, 2nd = 75/150, 3rd = 100/200, 4th = 100/200 + 25 ante, 5th = 150/300 + 25 ante, 6th = 200/400 + 50 ante, 7th = 250/500 + 50 ante, 8th = 300/600 + 75 ante, [race off 25 chips], 9th = 400/800 + 100 ante, & 10th = 500/1,000 + 100 ante.Since this WPT allows a rebuy tomorrow, I expect today to be a little looser generally by anyone intending to rebuy.Guillaume Darcourt is here (cannot miss the pink hair :club: ) and he actually remembers me from the WPT Paris (I was on his left for a long while on Day 3).James Akenhead also ... I'll have more names after Day 1A.I am ready :ts

gl Ives and Harrison