Kurt Warner Hof?

Is Kurt Warner a Hall of Famer? Monster numbers. 2 Super Bowl Appearances. 1 Championship. 1 Super Bowl MVP. 2 League MVP's. Maybe another this year. Monster numbers, numerous records.I'm a Rams fan and still love the guy. Never should have let him go, but he's only had about 5 great years, is that enough?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Kurt Warner a Hall of Famer? Monster numbers. 2 Super Bowl Appearances. 1 Championship. 1 Super Bowl MVP. 2 League MVP's. Maybe another this year. Monster numbers, numerous records.I'm a Rams fan and still love the guy. Never should have let him go, but he's only had about 5 great years, is that enough?
I think if he wins another MVP, then yes. The hall of fame be about excellence, about people who dominated the game, and Warner did. he may not have done it a super long time, but 3 MVP's is a super elite category. If he doesn't win the MVP this year, then he needs a couple more seasons like this one. Also, he's the MVP of my fantasy team, and I love him like a brother.

I met Kurt Warner at the Clarkson 6 movie theater in Suburban St. Louis sometime around 2002. Which, sadly, has since become a PetCo. Business died down after they built a new theater in the mall. So sad, I loved going to the Clarkson 6.True story.

I met Kurt Warner at the Clarkson 6 movie theater in Suburban St. Louis sometime around 2002.True story.
Lucky bastard. Right at the end of the Rams heyday.Also people don't forget, when Warner was benched in NY for Eli Manning, they were 5-3 in 1st place, and ended up missing the playoffs.
Lucky bastard. Right at the end of the Rams heyday.
And I didnt just say, "Hey Kurt, big fan!", as he walked by and forced a smile. He actually stopped and talked to me and my friend. Partly because Kurt is a hell of a nice guy, and partly because my friend is the son of the Equipment Manager of the Rams, and Kurt recognized him. Brenda was with him and her hair is as scary in person as it used to be on TV.
I think if he wins another MVP, then yes. The hall of fame be about excellence, about people who dominated the game, and Warner did. he may not have done it a super long time, but 3 MVP's is a super elite category. If he doesn't win the MVP this year, then he needs a couple more seasons like this one. Also, he's the MVP of my fantasy team, and I love him like a brother.
he was my MVP in his breakout year. I had Peyton and managed to pick Warner up after the season started. I think they were the #1 and 2 QBs early in the season. The trade was a good part of my championship which was part of a back-to-back-to-back reign /bragaboutsomethingthathappenedtoolongagotobragaboutit's kinda a Eric Lindros type situation for Warner except Warner has a couple championships. I think Lindros should get in and Warner deserves it too.
Hell yes he is.When he was good... he was the BEST.

They gave a sick stat during the MNF broadcast. It was something like 42% of Kurt Warner's career starts he has thrown for at least 300 yards. If that isn't excellence and/or domination, I don't know what is.

They gave a sick stat during the MNF broadcast. It was something like 42% of Kurt Warner's career starts he has thrown for at least 300 yards. If that isn't excellence and/or domination, I don't know what is.
I came to post that stat. The sickest part is that Dan Fouts is number two on that list, at... 28%...WTF?!?!?!Just think what that stat would be if he'd never played for the Giants? OMG I love Kurt Warner.
It's 45%. The next closest guy is Dan Fouts at 28%. What a joke. Not you, the stat.
I think he's a first ballot HOF'r right now. The only thing he has working against him, is that he is a Christian. But according to his book, He and Brenda screwed like bunnies before they were married, so maybe it offsets.
He's already in super elite category. Thank goodness fumbles don't count against passer rating.
And I didnt just say, "Hey Kurt, big fan!", as he walked by and forced a smile. He actually stopped and talked to me and my friend. Partly because Kurt is a hell of a nice guy, and partly because my friend is the son of the Equipment Manager of the Rams, and Kurt recognized him. Brenda was with him and her hair is as scary in person as it used to be on TV.
She looks a TON better now. Have you seen a current photo?News-stc.jpg
It was 45% for Warner, 28% for 2nd place. (Dan Fouts)
I think he's a first ballot HOF'r right now. The only thing he has working against him, is that he is a Christian. But according to his book, He and Brenda screwed like bunnies before they were married, so maybe it offsets.
Oh yes, the poor oppressed christian minority, being left out of so many things What's working against him is that he did nothing for like a block of 5 years, which should have been his prime.
Oh yes, the poor oppressed christian minority, being left out of so many things What's working against him is that he did nothing for like a block of 5, which should have been his prime.
His type of 'Christian' is the minority, but that's not the point. I agree about the nickel.In Sportscenter after the game... Steve Young, "Kurt is easily one of the most accurate passers to ever play this game." Stuart Scott, "That was Steve Young that just said that boys and girls."
I heard that when he was in college he was into all kinds of drugs and whatnot, which eventually led to his born again christian thing.
I heard that when he was in college he was into all kinds of drugs and whatnot, which eventually led to his born again christian thing.
I think you heard wrong about that. His Christian thing came from 1996 when Brenda's parents were both killed by a tornado.

I will be the stick in the mud. He needs another couple good years before he is a sure fire hall of famer. And three more before he is first ballot. He had too many bad years sandwiched between 3-4 great ones. His resume right now is a lot like terrell davis. Who is not a lock though I feel he should get in (and I feel Warner should too if he has another couple good years).

I will be the stick in the mud. He needs another couple good years before he is a sure fire hall of famer. And three more before he is first ballot. He had too many bad years sandwiched between 3-4 great ones. His resume right now is a lot like terrell davis. Who is not a lock though I feel he should get in (and I feel Warner should too if he has another couple good years).
I agree. I read this yesterday, and was trying to come up with an analogy, but this one works.
QFT
In Sportscenter after the game... Steve Young, "Kurt is easily one of the most accurate passers to ever play this game." Stuart Scott, "That was Steve Young that just said that boys and girls."
QFT
God damnit.
LOL