Fold Or Raise The Turn?

PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $1.50+$0.15 Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero's M: 14.56Preflop: Hero is BB with 5 :club:, 6 :5c1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checksFlop: (4 SB) J :ts, 4 :3h, 3 :4h(4 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, 1 fold, SB calls, Hero callsTurn: (3.5 BB) 8 :qh(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, SB calls, Hero folds had trouble with this hand just moved to table.

No expert in limit, but I would probably lead the flop here. It's a pretty good flop for our hand, aside from flopping the straight, which isn't goint to happen very often.That way, we can play our hand aggressively, increase our chances of winning the hand, win a bigger pot if we hit our hand and probably have a better sense of where we are in the hand.Maybe?I think raising the turn, as played would be bad. I don't see the value in it.

Why does this have to be fold or raise?I don't care either way on leading the flop or c/c'ing. Leading is probably a bit better, I dunno. It's close, anyways.I think folding or raising this turn is a mistake.

Why does this have to be fold or raise?I don't care either way on leading the flop or c/c'ing. Leading is probably a bit better, I dunno. It's close, anyways.I think folding or raising this turn is a mistake.
So you would call?

I've never been successful in limit tournamants (I'm a cash game guy), so you can take my thoughts with a grain of salt.I like your flop play here, I think you're getting good enough odds to call the turn, but it's close with two potential flush draws and since it's a tournament and conserving your chips has some importance, I don't hate a fold. I probably call the turn here and play the river very carefully if you make your straight, but a flush comes in.

Flop: betAs played its close btwn calling or folding cause I think you have to discount your outs to 6.I think your fold its good and avoid trouble if a red 2 or 7 hit the river :club:

I'm a little confused as to why calling is best (Dink and Zach). Odds to hit 8 outs on the river is about 5-1. I'm not sure we can make up the difference. Plus there is a decent chance two of those outs aren't good. I don't think the 5 or 6 is good much either. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm a little confused as to why calling is best (Dink and Zach). Odds to hit 8 outs on the river is about 5-1. I'm not sure we can make up the difference. Plus there is a decent chance two of those outs aren't good. I don't think the 5 or 6 is good much either. Is there something I'm missing?
Make up what difference? We're getting 5.5 to 1 with great implied odds here in a 3 way pot. We're closing the action. And also with this action, 5's and 6's are good a non-zero percentage of the time, making up a bit for the discount on our outs that complete a flush.To whoever said 7's complete some higher straights- if someone got to this point with 9T (the only higher straight a 7 completes), then so be it. They would have had to limp it, peel a J high flop with naught but backdoor draws, and then get there with a 7. That concern is so minute, you shouldn't bother even worrying about it. This isn't PLO.I really don't think this is close. Call.

fold: silly since we have odds to call.raise: i sincerely doubt that we're folding off a better hand considering the way that utg+1 played it, and i would not be worrying about balancing (the other reason to raise) in a tournament, much less a 1.50 one.ergo, call.

Just my two cents, but I'm ramming and jamming the flop and turn and def seeing the river.But I'm a cash game guy...
Ramming and jamming just an oesd in this spot is a leak in a cash game, as well as a tourney.
Ramming and jamming just an oesd in this spot is a leak in a cash game, as well as a tourney.
Yep.You need to understand WHY you do things. Do you do that for fold equity? Because I feel you'd have little to none. Do you do it for equity purposes? Because you don't have enough on either street, especially not the turn, and you are cutting away your own implied odds by doing so. For balance? Unnecessary and far too costly.
PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $1.50+$0.15 Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero's M: 14.56Preflop: Hero is BB with 5 :club:, 6 :5c1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checksFlop: (4 SB) J :ts, 4 :3h, 3 :4h(4 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, 1 fold, SB calls, Hero callsTurn: (3.5 BB) 8 :qh(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, SB calls, Hero folds had trouble with this hand just moved to table.I would have lead out at the flop, or even check raised the flop. The guy's bet on the flop does not necissarily mean a pair--most limit players bet in positon when its checked around. If he had no pair, and you check raised him, you win it on the turn when a rag comes off. With the way you played it, however, a check-call on the turn is the play for sure.
  • 3 weeks later...

if its a tourney we should see stacksi may lead the flop vs 2, and probably c/r vs 1, but were not usually taking this pot down by betting out the flop. depending on our stack i'd just c/c to reduce our variance.c/c turn. im not scared of a bigger straight bc we should never see 9T unless its 9T :club: