No Limit Hold 'em-Betting

Hey guys. I have a question for you. I've been playing hold 'em for about 8 months, all home games though. I live in CT and am thinking about going up to Foxwoods to play soon. What guidelines to you guys have for betting? I think I have have the basics down, such as betting pot to get rid of 4 to a flush on the flop, but other times I'm just not all that sure what to bet. I haven't really found anything on the internet that has been helpful either. I'm thinking in a tourney setting, not cash games. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you're looking straight tournaments... Honestly the best thing you can do for a quick fix to close the gap between you and the other players is to read TJ Cloutiers No-Limit Hold'em Tournament book.... its a very very good way to do well in tournaments.

haha no. I actually don't like the guy and I hate the crew, but thats off topic. I was wondering the same thing as dirsan a couple months ago and came across his article on the internet. Although i may not like him, i agree with what he said and it helped me out a little. Just trying to help.