I Series Live - Dublin April 5 2012

An interesting new Live Tournament will be played in Dublin Ireland on April 5th which will show all the players hole cards live in real time online.People watching will be able to bet on a whole number of different things.The players scheduled to play are: Daniel Negreanu - 11/2 Maria Ho - 10/1 Tobias Reinkemeier - 15/2 Marvin Rettenmaier - 8/1 Carlos Mortensen - 7/1 Eoghan O'Dea - 7/1 Faraz Jaka - 8/1 Dave Ulliott - 15/2 James Dempsey - 9/1 Phil Hellmuth - 13/2Here's the link to their website http://iserieslive.com/And to a press release with some of the details http://iserieslive.com/wordpress/wp-conten...lease-final.pdfHere are some of the details:- 10 Player Winner Take All €10,000 buy-in- Betting will take place on PaddyPower which is the largest bookmaker in Ireland. They do not accept bets from either Canada or The US.- Player's hole cards will be shown in real time streamed over the internet- The players will be sequestered and will not be allowed to have any communications devices with them- The players as compensation will share in the revenue generated from the wagering at Paddy PowerExample of some of the wagers that will be offered:Bet On: Updated Odds to Win Winner of Next Hand Last-Longers Next Elimination Redder/Blacker Flop Pair on Flop Trips on Flop Straight on Flop Flush on Flop Straight Flush on Flop

I'm not going to be able to make any bets but it still should be interesting to watch.In play sports betting is exploding and I think combining that trend with poker is a smart thing to try.

how long are u planning on spending in Dublin Daniel? The atmosphere at the Irish Open is absolutely phenomenal, I'd be shocked if you weren't impressed with the buzz surrounding the festival.

how long are u planning on spending in Dublin Daniel? The atmosphere at the Irish Open is absolutely phenomenal, I'd be shocked if you weren't impressed with the buzz surrounding the festival.
Apri 2-10 also playing Irish Open
Apri 2-10 also playing Irish Open
since I'm the Irish guy at FCP and I have posts from like 5 years ago asking you to come to the Irish Open I hope you'll remember Jam-Fly when I start talking to you at the bar!Few tips to partake in Irish 'banter'. Call everyone a 'gowl' and then just inform them that you are 'only slagging'. Saying 'the bankers ruined this country [ie Ireland]' is sure to be received well by all. But most importantly, although not relevant to all Irish banter (it would be more of a younger age group familiar with this), anytime something inappropriate happens (it can be in any situation), you have to say 'THAT'S LIMERICK CITY!!!'. If you could manage to get that in at some stage I'd really appreciate it.

With all due respect to Daniel, have you ever thought of betting on yourself to be the first one out, and then try to be eliminated as quick as possible. I do understand that this is not very genuine in terms of poker ethics, but I guess you can win ten times more by doing that rather than winning the tournament...

With all due respect to Daniel, have you ever thought of betting on yourself to be the first one out, and then try to be eliminated as quick as possible. I do understand that this is not very genuine in terms of poker ethics, but I guess you can win ten times more by doing that rather than winning the tournament...
A coupe things: 1) Max bet is $10002) Players who participate are not allowed to bet It doesn't make financial sense to try it. If a bet of more than $10k came in a player to be the first out, it would be very easy to detect a problem.
A coupe things: 1) Max bet is $10002) Players who participate are not allowed to bet It doesn't make financial sense to try it. If a bet of more than $10k came in a player to be the first out, it would be very easy to detect a problem.
couldn't you just give 10 people 1k a piece and have them bet it on you?
1) it's unethical2) if DN did this, and was found out, his reputation would be damaged. Why? See point 13) it's a -EV gamble when you factor in the possible repercussions of being found out4) it's too much effort for such a small return5) DN probably cares more about actually winning than profiting
Then you'd break even? Why fly all the way out there to break even? More importantly, if 10 $1k bets to be first out come in on a person, then they bust in questionable fashion, it raises major suspicion.
Then you'd break even? Why fly all the way out there to break even? More importantly, if 10 $1k bets to be first out come in on a person, then they bust in questionable fashion, it raises major suspicion.
10 people wagering $1k each at 10-1 means $10k profit per person. 10 people at $10k profit each = $100k profit. Winning the tournament = $90k profit. coug2828 could be onto something...
10 people wagering $1k each at 10-1 means $10k profit per person. 10 people at $10k profit each = $100k profit. Winning the tournament = $90k profit. coug2828 could be onto something...
No, because:All hands are shown. If a guy busts on the first hand in a bizarre fashion it would be scrutinized and any peculiar transactions will get the person CAUGHT which just isn't worth it. 10 $1000 bets on first one out is pretty unlucky to come from 10 different people.
No, because:All hands are shown. If a guy busts on the first hand in a bizarre fashion it would be scrutinized and any peculiar transactions will get the person CAUGHT which just isn't worth it. 10 $1000 bets on first one out is pretty unlucky to come from 10 different people.
Daniel, I'm very aware about how stupid an idea this actually is. My serious response was this:
1) it's unethical2) if DN did this, and was found out, his reputation would be damaged. Why? See point 13) it's a -EV gamble when you factor in the possible repercussions of being found out4) it's too much effort for such a small return5) DN probably cares more about actually winning than profiting
My last response was sarcastic
Thank you very much for reply DanielI will go for a $800 bet on Daniel vs Hellmuth! Go Daniel.

Is there any direct link to the actual live video stream? Any way of not paying to watch?

The streaming willl be free and live on http://iserieslive.com/
Yes, I figured that out. But what I can see on that site, is nothing to hint me forward to the actual stream. It comes up as a video on the homepage at the time the tournament starts?
Yes, I figured that out. But what I can see on that site, is nothing to hint me forward to the actual stream. It comes up as a video on the homepage at the time the tournament starts?
I assume it will be pretty obvious on that site when the tourney starts in 3 hours.

iSeriesLIVE‏@iSeriesLIVESeats now posted:1. Dempsey 2. DN 3. Ho 4. Jaka 5. Reinkemeier 6. Rettenmaier 7. O'Dea 8. Devilfish 9. PH 10. Mortensen