Anaheim over Nashville in 6

Los Angeles over San Jose in 6

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burns' beard is incredible and I won't hear anything else on the subject.

That was beyond words amazing. What a night. So much to share with you guys, but too spent to do it right now. But here's one snapshot: when Sid carried the cup into the dressing room, he set it up in

Ya I found that a little hard to believe when I read it, to be honest with you.

My NHL reject cup predictions:

Ottawa over Toronto in 12

Columbus over NJD in 2

PHX over Vancouver eventually

Calgary over Edmonton in 2023

• Like 1

Florida over NYI in 7

Tampa over Detroit in 7

Washington over Philly in 5

Pittsburgh over NYR in 6

Dallas over Minnesota in 5

St. Louis over Chicago in 7

Anaheim over Nashville in 6

Los Angeles over San Jose in 6

NYI over FLA in 7

Tampa over Detroit in 6

Washington over Philly in 5

NYR over Pittsburgh in 7

Dallas/Minny abstain

St. Louis Over Chicago in 5

Anaheim over Nashville in 4

San Jose over LA in 6

Anaheim vs "wow, I cant believe they made it to the finals"

Panthers? Islanders? Flyers?

haha, I was thinking this too. I was looking at the east and trying to figure out who to put in the finals, because I don't really have much faith in the caps, but I couldn't see another reasonable option.

First round predictions

Wash Over Phil in 5

Pens over nyr in 5

Tbl over Detroit in 7

Nyi over fla in 6

Stl over chi in 5

Dal over min in 6

Sjs over la in 6

Ana over Nas in 6

Minnesota might not score a goal

This series

About a year or two ago, I thought they had the makings of a really good team, but suddenly, all these young kids I thought would turn into front line players, Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, Dumba...it seems they still havent reached their prime, and guys like Parise+Suter+Pominville+Koivu are beginning to break down.

I was really high on those 4 youngsters, too bad.

Coyle has a good year! 20 goals!

But ya, kind of mixed the windows up. Young guys not quite ready enough as old guys were prime. Old guys breaking down as young guys are entering their prime.

I'm not sold hat Parise and Suter are done though. Both had good regular seasons. Probably another year or two with a little luck - the kind any championship team needs, like not having your best player injured for the playoffs, and they can be close to striking difference.

I dont think they are done, but they are losing their prime years. They wont be as effective, especially Suter, who is just showing the rigors of playing 35min a game for years probably.

The window is still open, and obviously we all know they have the 2nd best goalie in the league, but they need it to come together in next year or two at most.

(if youre wondering, the best goalie in the league is Reimer)

• Like 1

my honest opinion:

Suter deal is marginally bad now, could be atrocious/crippling within a few years. Suter plays too much, and plays with zero intensity for the most part, because he's saving energy to play 30 minutes a game. However, I don't know if it's as simple as just "play less, but play harder", since he's been playing like that for years.

Parise deal is fair now, could be atrocious/crippling within a few years, or sooner depending on his back issue.

The problem, like Arp said, is that Coyle, Nino, Granlund, Haula, Zucker all just ended up being decent. and none of them are great, nor will they become great, and they have no top prospects in the pipeline. Vanek, Pominville and Koivu arte fading fast,

They do have a really solid D core that should stay intact for a few years.

I see them as a borderline playoff team for 3-4 years, but without much prospect of becoming elite, unless Fletcher shakes things up and acquires some game breaking talent somehow.

I will say, if They were in the east, they would be a top-4 team for the next 4 years with a decent chance of going on a deep playoff run. In that division with stars, blues, hawks, and preds, being just good isn't anywhere good enough.

I will say, if They were in the east, they would be a top-4 team for the next 4 years with a decent chance of going on a deep playoff run. In that division with stars, blues, hawks, and preds, being just good isn't anywhere good enough.

This is sooo true. We have to be so much harder on West teams, because its made up of..

Tier 1, best teams in the NHL: Chicago or LA who win cups all the time

Tier 2, usually better than anyone in East: Anaheim, St.Louis should probably have won a Cup the last 5yrs, or at least been in the finals a couple of times, but they ran up against LA/Chi

Tier 3, would be one of best teams in East: Nashville, Dallas, San Jose

Tier 4, probably a top 4 in East: Minnesota, Colorado, Winnipeg (I think Wpg is a great team, just had an off year)

imo, the West is only getting better and better than the East. Its an incredible grind to get out of the West in the playoffs.

Imagine your Anaheim, or some guy who bet on Anaheim. They need to beat....Nashville, LA, Chicago in 3 7 game series'. Washington on the other side would have to deal with Philly, Pitt, then Florida?

I see 3 brutal matchups for Anaheim, and maybe 1 tough one for Washington.