Duhamel Hurt In Home Invasion

It looks like his WSOP bracelet was taken.http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/12/2010...ictim-11701.htmUpdated 12/22 3:00 p.m. PST: Jonathan Duhamel released an official statement Thursday thanking family, friends, media, and fans for support. In the statement, he recounts the invasion, saying, "...two men broke into my house and I was physically assaulted and robbed. After being threatened with death and have given everything I had, I was bound and beaten repeatedly in the face and body before my attackers leave. I am pleased to confirm that I have not suffered any major injuries." Duhamel also describes what was taken from his home, again confirming the 2010 WSOP bracelet and a black Rolex were taken, and asks if anyone has any information to contact the police. He will be spending the holidays with family and friends and hopes "to return to the tables soon" and "represent Quebec on the international scene by bringing another title to Quebec in the near future."Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/12/2010...ictim-11701.htm

Jonathan is looking for Helphttp://www.princepoker.com/jonathan-duhame...acelet-robbery/https://www.facebook.com/DuhamelJohnJonathanDuhamel Jonathan Duhamel Please help me by retweeting this link to as many people as possible, thanks. tinyurl.com/7lo8yqh7 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet ReplyBRACELET ROBBERY FROM THE 2010 WSOP CHAMPION, JONATHAN DUHAMELJONATHAN DUHAMEL WAS ASSAULTED IN HIS HOME IN BOUCHERVILLE, AND HAD SOME UNIQUE ITEMS STOLEN. WE ARE CALLING ONE AND ALL IN ORDER TO TRY AND RETRACE THESE ITEMS:1 2010 WSOP WORLD CHAMPION BRACELET ENGRAVED IN HIS NAME1 BLACK ROLEX SUBMARINE WATCH ENGRAVED IN HIS NAMEMANY 500 EUROS BILLS.THANKS FOR SHARING THIS NOTE, HELPING US HOPEFULLY TO RETRIEVE THESE UNIQUE ITEMS AND THE ROBBERS WHO STOLE THEM. ANY INFORMATION RELATED TO THIS SHOULD BE TRANSMITTED TO THE CSI LOCAL TEAM AT 1 450 462 7211. ALL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL.THE AWARD IS DETAILED AS FOLLOWS:-$ 10 000 WILL BE PAID TO OBTAIN INFORMATION LEADING TO THE RECOVERY OF THE BRACELET, THE WATCH, AND THE ARREST OF THE THIEVES.- IF THE INFORMATION ONLY LEADS TO THE ARREST OF THE CULPRITS, A SUM OF $ 5 000 WILL BE PAID- IF THE INFORMATION ONLY LEADS TO THE RECOVERY OF THE ITEMS, A SUM OF $ 5 000 WILL BE PAID- IF THE INFORMATION ONLY LEADS TO THE RECOVERY OF ONE OF THE TWO ITEMS, THE SUM OF $ 2 500 WILL BE PAID- IF INFORMATION THAT IS PROVIDED BY MORE THAN ONE INDIVIDUAL LEADS TO THE PAYMENT OF THE REWARD, IT WILL BE EQUALLY DIVIDED AMONG THOSE WHO PROVIDED THIS INFORMATION- THE REWARD WILL BE PAID AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE LONGUEUIL POLICE DEPARTMENT.

It looks like his WSOP bracelet was taken.http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/12/2010...ictim-11701.htmUpdated 12/22 3:00 p.m. PST: Jonathan Duhamel released an official statement Thursday thanking family, friends, media, and fans for support. In the statement, he recounts the invasion, saying, "...two men broke into my house and I was physically assaulted and robbed. After being threatened with death and have given everything I had, I was bound and beaten repeatedly in the face and body before my attackers leave. I am pleased to confirm that I have not suffered any major injuries." Duhamel also describes what was taken from his home, again confirming the 2010 WSOP bracelet and a black Rolex were taken, and asks if anyone has any information to contact the police. He will be spending the holidays with family and friends and hopes "to return to the tables soon" and "represent Quebec on the international scene by bringing another title to Quebec in the near future."Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/12/2010...ictim-11701.htm
While I sympathise with him for getting robbed,this statement is despicable and it is why i dont like him.Last time I checked he is Canadian...Represent Canada you idiot.
While I sympathise with him for getting robbed,this statement is despicable and it is why i dont like him.Last time I checked he is Canadian...Represent Canada you idiot.
Scrooge Serge lol

There's a terrifyingly ugly side to life that most people just never see. They haven't spent much time out of the cul-de-sac and don't understand this stuff, until it comes to them as a surprise in the night.All I know is that I wouldn't ever want to be a 'well known high stakes poker player'. There is a segment of the population who view your life as nothing more than a speedbump between them and whatever they intend to take from you. Being 'known' as having a lot of cash on hand simply puts you on the radar of the worst kinds of people, liable to their uncontrolled impulses and current cash-flow situation.The only thing that's 'surprising' here is that it happened in Quebec and he didn't get sodomized.

$10,000 if we catch the guys and get the stuff back$5,000 if we just catch the guys$2,500 for each guy, or most of the stuff$2,240 for the return of the bracelet and at least $42,000 of the cash. $2,040 for the Rolex and at least $30,000 of the Euros$1,920 for either the Rolex or the bracelet AND at least $20,000 of the cash$1,750 for just cash totaling at least $14,500$1690 for the Rolex if all the diamonds are still in place$1,250 if we get one guys address of a previous known residence, his brother's facebook account or a lock of hair from Billy Barty$300 for the first 3 phone numbers of either robber's drug dealer.$5 for the line on the Giants Jets game$1 for the return of the "I'm quitting poker' press release.

So lets see... Home Invasion Robbery, unlawful restraint, sundry charges relating to theft, etc... In the Canadian justice system, that's gotta be worth, what... 10 days in the county jail and a stern warning to not do it again?

So lets see... Home Invasion Robbery, unlawful restraint, sundry charges relating to theft, etc... In the Canadian justice system, that's gotta be worth, what... 10 days in the county jail and a stern warning to not do it again?
More like 10 days house arrest. Home confinement between the hours of 12 am and 6 am because we wouldnt want to miss out on work and their social lives. If they are sentenced by a "hanging judge" they might get a 2 year firearms ban too.

I don't know Boucherville very well, so they may have some very nice homes there and some of Duhamel's family might live there, but seems to me there are plenty of nicer places to live in the Mtl area.I hope all the douchebags responsible get full sentence.

Thats a lot of cash to have at home...
It is hard to get cash out of banks, and if you play high stakes cash games you need to have cash avail. I would think you would have multiple safes to be able to bluff potential robbers.
It is hard to get cash out of banks, and if you play high stakes cash games you need to have cash avail. I would think you would have multiple safes to be able to bluff potential robbers.
True, but since the robbery was planned by an ex girlfriend who I would imagine has extensive knowledge about Duhamel's home and layout, I doubt multiple safes would have helped him since she probably would have known how many safes were in the house and the location of each.
  • 4 weeks later...