switching from nl to limit

I've been thinking about switching from NL to Limit. I have not played that much limit before. What do you recommend as far as strategy? What limits should I play if i have about 1600 set aside for this; keep in mind that I may want to start slightly lower than what the rule calls for. 2/4 maybe?

I hope that you've read SSHEYou have the bankroll for 2/4 but that's assuming you know what you are doing.Start smaller, post some hands, you can always move up later if you're dominating at lower stakes.

I hope that you've read SSHEYou have the bankroll for 2/4 but that's assuming you know what you are doing.Start smaller, post some hands, you can always move up later if you're dominating at lower stakes.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Play .25/.50 for 10,000 hands.If you do well, move up to .50/1...

Don't be a dick im asking for honest advice. Why don't you take your own and not post anymore?I haven't been called a dick in 23 years.I have no good comebacks for being called a dick from someone with no sense of humour.

2/4 would be about right for that bankroll switching over to limit for the first time.Don't play that .25/.50 as someone said, that's just silly.At the least, play some 1/2 and see how it goes.Naturally, everyone has to whore out SSHE, READ IT, advice, there are also other good books out there. Im sure you have or will read SSHE which is a good idea.I also move from nl to limit every now and then. So I'll give you some of my thoughts, hopefully it will make it a little bit easier for you.You will go much, much, much, longer without winning a pot in limit than in nl. As we all know, poker is not about the number of pots won, but about the amount of money won. The little mistakes add up like a bitch. Watch out for those. In nl you can make a huge mistake for all your chips, making it seem like it would be more risky, but the pots you are in limit, those little mistakes add up and can kill. After playing some hands, go back and look them over, or at the very least just think about them. If you could've saved a bet, or made an extra bet, remember that for next time.Do NOT get frustrated and have that affect your play. I know I was used to winning more frequently with hands like AA, KK, AK, and whatnot, but in limit you are playing many multi way pots, so make sure you don't have the mindset those will win as many times as they have in nl, because obviously in nl you are charging people more.Along the same lines as not getting frustrated, note that the variance in limit is much higher. Keep taking your losses with out noticing them and keep getting in with the best of it.To end on a positive note, a huge rush up in limit is damn nice. When the variance is with you, you keep hitting flushes and having made hands hold, you can get a good rush going and that sometimes feels better than getting a huge all in no limit.Good luck.