hows this for making folds

10/20 (4 handed)i get 99 in the SB.i good player opens from CO, Button cold calls, I semi-cold call, BB calls.flop is K74ri check, BB cehcks, CO bets, Button folds, I raise, BB folds, CO 3-bets, I fold.comments on all streets appreciated

do you think i should 3-bet preflop?Not with the button in there. If it's just the C/O it's easily worth it to get the BB out and pick up the dead blind money and fold potential overcards. If you have equity three handed, it's marginal at best.Position sucks Obviously you'd three-bet it in position.

do you ever think that a good number of your opponents play trickier and more aggressively against you after seeing you bet and fold to a raise on the same street?after all, it is the biggest thing that even the most unobservant of players will notice. that was probably the thing in SSHE i agreed with ed miller the most on.just curious, because i would call the flop three-bet and check/fold the turn unimproved rather than fold on the flop.aseem

assem, miller isn't the answer to everything, chris played this just fine. Like smash said, the button being in negates us three betting PF. THis is a limit where players will fold for two cold PF even if they ahve put in a bet. Pot isn't big enough, and since its HU we don't have much in the way of implied odds, so folding is smrt

assem, miller isn't the answer to everything, chris played this just fine. Like smash said, the button being in negates us three betting PF. THis is a limit where players will fold for two cold PF even if they ahve put in a bet.  Pot isn't big enough, and since its HU we don't have much in the way of implied odds, so folding is smrt
huh?i never said he played it wrong. just asked a question if he felt that his opponents might be picking up on his pattern of bet/folding or raise/folding on the same street.i also never mentioned any pre-flop three-bet...aseem
assem, miller isn't the answer to everything, chris played this just fine. Like smash said, the button being in negates us three betting PF. THis is a limit where players will fold for two cold PF even if they ahve put in a bet.  Pot isn't big enough, and since its HU we don't have much in the way of implied odds, so folding is smrt
huh?i never said he played it wrong. just asked a question if he felt that his opponents might be picking up on his pattern of bet/folding or raise/folding on the same street.i also never mentioned any pre-flop three-bet...aseem
I jumbled a few things together. As far as calling the three bet, I just think its spewage HU and with a smallish/medium pot. We don't have enough in the way of implied odds to call the three bet. I should've made paragraphs in my post as a bunch of thoughts collided in that post, my bad
I jumbled a few things together. As far as calling the three bet, I just think its spewage HU and with a smallish/medium pot. We don't have enough in the way of implied odds to call the three bet.  I should've made paragraphs in my post as a bunch of thoughts collided in that post, my bad
alright, so folding to the three-bet right then and there is okay and is better than calling and check/folding the turn UI.do a lot of players at that limit often bet and fold on the same street? is it a not-uncommon occurence?thanks,aseem
I jumbled a few things together. As far as calling the three bet, I just think its spewage HU and with a smallish/medium pot. We don't have enough in the way of implied odds to call the three bet.  I should've made paragraphs in my post as a bunch of thoughts collided in that post, my bad
alright, so folding to the three-bet right then and there is okay and is better than calling and check/folding the turn UI.do a lot of players at that limit often bet and fold on the same street? is it a not-uncommon occurence?thanks,aseem
as everything in poker, it all depends. Many pots are HU or just three way at mid limits, so more things have to go into conisderation then the normal TAG way that we play at .5/1-3/6(5/10 is where you do have to start getting a little more tricky). Here the pot really goes into consideration and the fact that we are OOP here, the key here is that chris said that the villian was a good player, so mjany more things have to go into our trane of thought. THe fact is, the villian might not have a K, but could also very well have JJ or 1010, which also beats us. THe key to mid limits is being able to make folds when you are pretty sure that you are beat, and knowing your opposition
do you ever think that a good number of your opponents play trickier and more aggressively against you after seeing you bet and fold to a raise on the same street?after all, it is the biggest thing that even the most unobservant of players will notice. that was probably the thing in SSHE i agreed with ed miller the most on.just curious, because i would call the flop three-bet and check/fold the turn unimproved rather than fold on the flop.aseem
ditto.i only second what he asked because i was thinking the same thing when i read the post. it doesnt look like he had the odds to call the three-bet on the flop if he thought he was beat, but the idea of opponents exploiting a tendency to lay down immediately to a reraise on the flop (which could merely be an opponent trying to feel out where theyre at against you) makes this situation a little less cut and dry than it might seem...
as everything in poker, it all depends. Many pots are HU or just three way at mid limits, so more things have to go into conisderation then the normal TAG way that we play at .5/1-3/6(5/10 is where you do have to start getting a little more tricky). Here the pot really goes into consideration and the fact that we are OOP here, the key here is that chris said that the villian was a good player, so mjany more things have to go into our trane of thought. THe fact is, the villian might not have a K, but could also very well have JJ or 1010, which also beats us. THe key to mid limits is being able to make folds when you are pretty sure that you are beat, and knowing your opposition
rookie questions:1. what does HU and OOP mean?2. what is the difference between calling and "cold calling"?3. what's a 3-bet?thank you :club:

I don't think I have ever performed a check/raise/fold on the flop before, let alone seen one. That would definately stick with me if I had seen it. That could hurt you later, AND help you...I like it. Both for this hand, and the future hands... 8)

rookie questions:1. what does HU and OOP mean?2. what is the difference between calling and "cold calling"?3. what's a 3-bet?thank you :club:
1. HU - heads up.2. cold-calling - calling 2 or more bets without having put in any money on that street. 3. 3-bet - in limit hold em, the third bet on a given street. if I bet, and you raise, i could re-raise which would be the third bet - a 3-bet.

This may be because I prefer omaha, the game of the nuts, but I don't know about raising on that flop. If they have king 2 they probablly will just call. Plus since everyone is in the pot odds are you are beat. :-)

This may be because I prefer omaha, the game of the nuts, but I don't know about raising on that flop. If they have king 2 they probablly will just call. Plus since everyone is in the pot odds are you are beat. :-)
it could also be that you dont understand much of anything about SH limit HE, or that you have no idea what pot odds are, or that you couldnt grasp from the hand history that the button had already folded, and its gonna take a lot more than K2 for the BB to call 2 cold.

Nah, I think it is because I'm not playing 10/20. I'm use to like .50/1 to 3/6. Sorry for posting that stupid response. I'm actually posting between hands. Forgive me. :club:

sometimes i will call a raise and check/fold the turn for metagame purposes but i dont think this is a good time.i check/raise good hands and he knows that. He 3-bet me. i get the **** out. if he were to start 3-betting my check/raises he would be losing a ton of money.one time i like to call about 50% of the time for metagame purposes is when i have something like ATo and autobet a J65 flop. ill call the flop raise sometimes and then check/fold the turn. Often good players will check behind with 78 or something.