qq in huge pot. lhe.

should I have played this differently?PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP3 with [Qc], [Qs]. UTG calls, 2 folds, SB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.Flop: (17 SB) [8d], [8c], [6d] (4 players)SB bets, UTG calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.Turn: (14.50 BB) [Jh] (3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.River: (14.50 BB) [8s] (3 players)SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 20.50 BB

I don't like checking the turn.And after that, I don't like raising the river.I think you should bet/call turn and check/call river. You would rather get an overcall from SB than get reraised by UTG.

river raise is terrible.review the overcalls section in SSHE under river play.aseem

BTW, what hands do you put UTG on. From UTG's limp/reraise and betting, I'd say AA or KK almost certainly. JJ is a possibility, but why check the turn?SB is more interesting. We know he doesn't have an 8. 66 would be good to cap the flop and fold the river, but why check the turn? Most likely TT or 99.

It's a book, Small Stakes Hold Em.I don't know how the players are at .25/.50 so I can't say I'd have a read on the hands. I definitely agree with the others - bet the turn, call the river.I probably wouldn't cap PF with QQ, but that's minor. It looks like the SB was trying to bluff at the 8's on the flop

BTW, what hands do you put UTG on. From UTG's limp/reraise and betting, I'd say AA or KK almost certainly. JJ is a possibility, but why check the turn?SB is more interesting. We know he doesn't have an 8. 66 would be good to cap the flop and fold the river, but why check the turn? Most likely TT or 99.
At .25/.50, UTG's limp/raise preflop could mean anything from AA down to J6o. Unless you have a read that he is a decent player, I wouldn't try to read into his hand at all. If he is a decent player though, I'm thinking JJ. He wanted to get a c/r on the turn and get sb stuck in for 2 and it failed.As far as how I play it, I call the flop, bet the turn, and just call on the river. Definately just call on the river.
bet the turn...why would you raise the flop and not bet the turn?
well, at that point, I was was partially trying to gain control of the hand, and partially raising for value, but when it was capped behind me, i had to assume I was behind. On the turn, I was worried about a checkraise from SB, as I was fairly sure he had an 8, and I figured my best bet was to get to a showdown as cheaply as possible.Ultimately, the river card helped me greatly, and when SB checked, I knew he didn't have an 8, I figured I was good, unless UTG had AA or KK. I also thought that with SB capping the flop, he might have a hand that would call 2-cold here on the river.