How many of you "My Boys" fans have seen this show? I thought it was pretty dang funny.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. It's about nerdy physicists who talk about quantum mechanics. So, yeah, it's up my alley.
in what way?

I don't like it.I think this expresses my feelings almost perfectly...

Honestly, this show is terrible. It's very, very bad, like "Phantom Menace" bad. The show revolves around two socially -- and potentially, mentally -- handicapped physics geeks who live across the hall from a hot, nice blonde girl who is stereotypically dumb but still nice enough to hang out with the geeks. They sit around and spew pop culture references at each other, including such tell-tale nerd buzz words as "Klingon" and "Battlestar Galactica" . I imagine the two guys and the girl will eventually teach each other valuable life lessons. And I imagine the fake studio audience will sigh sweetly when it happens. And I imagine if I'm in some sort of "Clockwork Orange" torture scenario being forced to watch "Big Bang Theory," I will likely gag. But let's hope that doesn't happen.All the actors seem to be trying, including the always likable Johnny Galecki of "Roseanne" fame. It's just that the material is incredibly degrading to its already two-dimensional cultural stereotypes. I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from the network that gives us "Two and a Half Men."
I don't like it.I think this expresses my feelings almost perfectly...
I enjoyed the Phantom Menace.
I didn't. Even when my wife and I decided to watch all of them, we did actually skip that one. :club:
Dude... at least watch the pod race. Make sure you turn your stereo way up.
  • 3 weeks later...

This show still has a lot of promise. I'll be back next week.Penny: Leonard, I didn't know you played the cello?Leonard: Yeah... my parents felt that naming me Leonard, and putting me in Advanced Placement classes wasn't getting me beaten up enough....

Random note #1: Are they EVER going to fix that fucking elevator?????I don't think so either.#2: Nice to see appearances from the former Roseanne cast members. Darlene twice now, and Aunt Jackie last week.I just don't want to miss the episode with Tracy Lords.

I like the show. Its very funny. Those of you who don't watch it probably are just too stupid to get the humor.Just kidding, but if you don't like it, give it another chance. All 4 of the monday sitcoms are good: How I met your mother, 2 1/2 men, big bang, and rules of engagement.

Willing to bet they fix it for an episode and they get stuck in it.This last episode was the best so far.
I agree, i thought the first few were pretty funny, but this one was by far the best.
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to be obsessed with Kaley Cuoco, back when 8 Simple Rules started. I don't really find her hot anymore, but when I was like 17, I was banned from her fansite forum 10 or 20 times. First wave for lewd and hysterical comments, and second wave for celebrating the death of John Ritter; which shot, by the way, I called two weeks -- to the day -- before his death. I'm a bad person.

Monday's show was very funny... probably my favorite. This is one of just a handful of shows that have like no backup screenplays, so this show is done until the writer's strike is over. I am sad.Also the Charlie Waffles songs on 2 1/2 men were hilarious this week. "No more boobies, no more boobies, I'm on to sippy cup....."