Aa In Position, Low Wet Flop, Loose Cold-caller, Weird Flop Action 100nl

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (7 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($123.75)SB ($110.65)BB ($115.20)UTG ($121.60)MP1 ($80.50)MP2 ($193.75)Hero (CO) ($103)Preflop: Hero is CO with ad.gif, ac.gif3 folds, Hero bets $3.50, Button calls $3.50, 1 fold, BB calls $2.50Flop: ($11) 2s.gif, 8d.gif, 9s.gif(3 players)BB bets $4, Hero raises to $12, 1 fold, BB raises to $24, Hero calls $12Turn: ($59) 3h.gif(2 players)BB bets $35BB is a Tag/Reg, but an exceptionally loose cold-caller (i.e. not a very good Tag/Reg). When I checked my HUD pop-up I saw that he was cold-calling from the blinds 14% to 16% of the time, sometimes with some real trash:05Range1.PNGI believe his range is at its widest here because of my position and the fishy caller on the button "giving him odds" so to speak.When he donked weak, I checked my notes on him and realized I'd never seen him do that before:05Note.pngSo I don't really know what the weak flop donk says about his range... I believed that typically a strong hand would XR and squeeze the fish on the button. A weak bet is a great way to squeeze me and keep me playing straighforwardly with the fish to act behind me. Since I believed the fish would call a raise cold, and since I was ahead of the draws, pairs, and pairs+draws I thought the BB might be donking, I raised for value.When I got 3-bet on the flop it was decision time: fold or call with the intention of jamming a safe turn. I opted for decision #2 thinking of how wide his cold-calling from the blinds range really was. But his bet size on the turn was also weird to me... he was clearly committing himself. Strong draw? (If so I should follow through and jam.) Strong made hand? (If so I should fold.)I appreciate your thoughts!

When I got 3-bet on the flop it was decision time: fold or call with the intention of jamming a safe turn. I opted for decision #2 thinking of how wide his cold-calling from the blinds range really was. But his bet size on the turn was also weird to me... he was clearly committing himself. Strong draw? (If so I should follow through and jam.) Strong made hand? (If so I should fold.)What is so weird about the turn bet? $35 into a $60 pot is a fine bet regardless if he has 9x, 33, JT, XsXs, KK... anything. Yeah, he's committed with anything other than absolute air, but any bet should have done that. Bet/Folding any made hand/draw there is really bad. If your plan was to flat and shove a safe turn (which I like) then I don't see why the offsuit 3 should stop you. I feel like when people donk bet when they usually don't that it usually means weakness. .02

What is so weird about the turn bet?
I'm not saying it's "zany" or anything. :club: It just gave me pause. He left $52 behind (for like a 1/3 pot river bet) and had committed over half his stack on this hand while taking several aggressive actions. His turn bet says "I'm not folding no matter what" and while that typically is strength, combined with his odd flop action I was at a loss on what his hand was really saying.
I'm not saying it's "zany" or anything. :club: It just gave me pause. He left $52 behind (for like a 1/3 pot river bet) and had committed over half his stack on this hand while taking several aggressive actions. His turn bet says "I'm not folding no matter what" and while that typically is strength, combined with his odd flop action I was at a loss on what his hand was really saying.
His range here could be almost any PP, and potentially suited connectors. I think you're misreading the turn bet. This can often be a steal attempt. Or its an overpair who actually believes he's ahead of your AK,AQ type hands. Reason i say this is because you raised his bet on the flop, but then flat called his 3-bet.so he probably thinks you're weak, or willing to fold to a turn bet.But if you ask me personally, I have trouble folding AA on that board when i'm around 100bb's deep.
So I don't really know what the weak flop donk says about his range... I believed that typically a strong hand would XR and squeeze the fish on the button. A weak bet is a great way to squeeze me and keep me playing straighforwardly with the fish to act behind me. Since I believed the fish would call a raise cold, and since I was ahead of the draws, pairs, and pairs+draws I thought the BB might be donking, I raised for value.When I got 3-bet on the flop it was decision time: fold or call with the intention of jamming a safe turn. I opted for decision #2 thinking of how wide his cold-calling from the blinds range really was. But his bet size on the turn was also weird to me... he was clearly committing himself. Strong draw? (If so I should follow through and jam.) Strong made hand? (If so I should fold.)I appreciate your thoughts!
Concerning the bolded, what is a safe turn when you consider the flop action? Is a villain really donk betting/3 betting small pre with a draw? I would say that Villain could put u on the draw once you only call the flop 3 bet.On the turn as played, why even jam at all? Just call and call river as well when he bets.**On another note, all these stats seem like information overload to me.

Thanks for all the input!

because you raised his bet on the flop, but then flat called his 3-bet.so he probably thinks you're weak, or willing to fold to a turn bet.
Good point, looking at my action from his shoes.
On the turn as played, why even jam at all? Just call and call river as well when he bets.
Well, if I believe I'm ahead on the turn and my opponent is willing to commit money and there are many river cards that could leave me with the worst hand... I don't see how calling the turn can be right. Please explain?
This thread seems awfully spammy imo, considering a number of things.
How can I fix this for you?
How can I fix this for you?
Considering that your images are hosted at a site that offers poker related software (and are dated 2010), and you (or somebody with the same username) have posted spam at other poker forums, maybe it's just a coincidence. Sorry for the confusion.
Considering that your images are hosted at a site that offers poker related software (and are dated 2010), and you (or somebody with the same username) have posted spam at other poker forums, maybe it's just a coincidence. Sorry for the confusion.
I'd like to be in full compliance with FCP's forum rules as I post and respond regarding poker strategy. I've never spammed another forum. Yes, the images are hosted by a site I own. It is much easier to throw them in a folder (the date is random, I'm just lazy) and host them myself than go to a truly spammy image hosting site. I can promise that I will never spam this forum or publicly direct traffic to my site. Issue resolved? :)All that being said, see my post above to return to the topic. :club:
are you a member of the musical group, rx bandits?
Haha, no. I picked the name entirely at random (so people couldn't connect my strategy posts to my poker usernames) by using the first thing I looked at which happened to be a sticker on someone else's storage box. That's a lot less sexy than being a member of a indie-alterna-punk band, I know. :club: