The Official Newmarket Hurricanes Thread

I finally decided to create my own team thread here for guys to start fights in and go totally off topic.The team is favoured to win the Gilmour Division yet again, and has a good chance to capture their first ever regular season title. We've been pretty snakebit during the regular season each year but have managed to pull it together in the playoffs. Our low end goal is a 4th straight trip to the FCHL finals, and our high end goal is obviously re-capturing our championship title.GO CANES!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Words getting around. Had this convo this morning.  

The Hurricanes Are Back!! The staff has been working the phones hard over the last few days and have been able to swing 2 major deals.   1st deal   Hurricanes get:   Brent Burns, D $5/$5/$5 D

2nd deal   Hurricanes get:   Max Pacioretty, $2.00/$2.25/$2.50 John Carlson, $0.75/$0.75/$0.75 salaries covered this year $3.00 in 2016/17   Blindsides get: 2016 1st round pick Timo Meier (

Posted Images

Now to introduce the starting lineup for the 2010-11 season:1st Lineheatley041107.jpgDany Heatley Toronto_Maple_Leafs_1815.jpgNicklas Backstrom ovechkin140ulmer.jpgAlex Ovechkin2nd Line1772.jpgMartin St. Louis 3344.jpgThomas Vanek 1962.jpgNik Antropov3rd Line1354.jpgShane Doan 3898.jpgDavid Krejci 3000.jpgStephen Weiss4th Line4188.jpgNikolai Kulemin 8474161.jpgJakub Voracek 4040.jpgMatt MoulsonTop Defense Pairing3266.jpgDuncan Keith 3885.jpgKeith Yandle2nd Defense Pairing2517.jpgNiklas Kronwall 1733.jpgPavel Kubina3rd Defense Pairing3268.jpgTom Gilbert 1797.jpgStephane RobidasGoaltendersBostonBruinslogo.JPGBoston Bruins VancouverCanuckslogo.JPGVancouver Canucks

Here's the players who have earned the final 7 roster spots this year:Bench Players3886.jpgRyan Callahan 11.jpgMark Recchi4786.jpgRyan O'Reilly 4395.jpgRyan Jones4174.jpgAnton Stralman 3162.jpgJohnny Boychuk 8473700.jpgRyan Wilson

Nikolai Kulemin needs to be on the second line IMO.
I really hope I can move him up there at some point this season. He was just called up to the big club last week, so we'll stick him on the 4th line with Voracek and Moulson until he earns his stripes. I'm confident he'll click there, find his groove and climb the ranks in the system pretty fast.

I had a great turkey sandwich today. It was toasted on rye. Turkey, swiss, cole slaw, and russian dressing. Got a grab bag of Ruffles with it. Mmmmmm it was good. What did everyone else have for lunch today?

I had a great turkey sandwich today. It was toasted on rye. Turkey, swiss, cole slaw, and russian dressing. Got a grab bag of Ruffles with it. Mmmmmm it was good. What did everyone else have for lunch today?
speaking of Turkey...Did you know its Thanksgiving here on Monday?Turkey time...
speaking of Turkey...Did you know its Thanksgiving here on Monday?Turkey time...
So do you get the day off? What is a normal Canadian Thanksgiving like?Is there going to be any CFL games on during the day?
is it just me, or do most of those players need major haircuts..WTF is up with Moulson's hair
It was Jaromir Jagr day when we had the picture taken. Next year it will be on Mike Brown day.
So do you get the day off? What is a normal Canadian Thanksgiving like?Is there going to be any CFL games on during the day?
Its just like the American one..However we celebrate it at the proper time of the year..Its the beginning of the harvest.Its a holiday, and I am with Jay..Who cares about CFL..
Its just like the American one..However we celebrate it at the proper time of the year..Its the beginning of the harvest.Its a holiday, and I am with Jay..Who cares about CFL..
I don't care about the CFL either but I was curious if they play games on Thanksgiving day like the NFL does here is all.

OK, sorry, back on topic for a minute.

2006-07: defeated Lost Cause in 6 games (quarter finals), lost to Tulane Flyers in 6 games (semi finals), defeated asdfjkl; in 6 games (Consolation Finals)*

2007-08: defeated BlackDevilHawks in 7 games (quarter finals), defeated Whalers in 5 games (semi finals), defeated Shaftsbury Wheat Ales in 6 games (Championship #1)

2008-09: defeated Shaftsbury Wheat Ales in 5 games (quarter finals), defeated asdfjkl; in 6 games (semi finals), defeated Altona Maroons in 7 games (Championship #2)**

2009-10: defeated BlackDevilHawks in 7 games (quarter finals), defeated Altona Maroons in 4 games (semi finals), lost to asdfjkl; in 6 games (finals)

* In the inaugural season of the FCHL we had a consolation series that paid the winner. This has since been scrapped.

** Some have pointed to this result as the beginning of the end of the Altona Maroons franchise.

Someone once told me no one who has ever made their own "official" team thread has won a championship...
Quite true. Biatch debunked that myth last year so I felt safe making one. :club:

I only like certain Rye breads. I always thought rye bread was rye bread, but it appears all rye bread is not created equal. There's one in a yellow bag...it's the one i like. I hate mustard!

I only like certain Rye breads. I always thought rye bread was rye bread, but it appears all rye bread is not created equal. There's one in a yellow bag...it's the one i like. I hate mustard!
Very true. Light rye, medium rye, dark rye. I think pumperknickel is a kind of rye. Wtf?Definitely light rye or marble. Pumperknickel in exceptional situations.
OK, sorry, back on topic for a minute.2006-07: defeated Lost Cause in 6 games (quarter finals), lost to Tulane Flyers in 6 games (semi finals), defeated asdfjkl; in 6 games (Consolation Finals)*2007-08: defeated BlackDevilHawks in 7 games (quarter finals), defeated Whalers in 5 games (semi finals), defeated Shaftsbury Wheat Ales in 6 games (Championship #1)2008-09: defeated Shaftsbury Wheat Ales in 5 games (quarter finals), defeated asdfjkl; in 6 games (semi finals), defeated Altona Maroons in 7 games (Championship #2)**2009-10: defeated BlackDevilHawks in 7 games (quarter finals), defeated Altona Maroons in 4 games (semi finals), lost to asdfjkl; in 6 games (finals)* In the inaugural season of the FCHL we had a consolation series that paid the winner. This has since been scrapped.** Some have pointed to this result as the beginning of the end of the Altona Maroons franchise.
Those hurt, both series could have gone either way. I think last year it came down to me picking the wrong OT player in game 7.As for your team this year, I think you have some major star power and you will be a force to be reckoned with. I only hope to avoid you in the first round.

I think we need to consider making the farm draft 6 rounds.And why is the waiver period not MORE than 7 days?You know whats really gay? Pictures of your fantasy team in your "mock" lineup.all that, and more, when we return to the FCHL's latest thread.