Poker Meetup is one suggestion, but just to be blunt, it sucks. Nobody actually ever gets a game going, and nobody shows up for the meetups... so it's kind of lame. Here's another other to give a shot....http://www.findpokerpal.comp.s. My views on the poker meetup are for the Chicago area, so it could possibly be better in other spots, but check it out and see what you think.

• 3 months later...

the only thing about homepokergames.com is that the info seems out of date for the most part. Updates don't seem to occur too often and so it may take quite a few emails to find something still happening but I'm guessing that will be the case anywhere you look.

• 1 month later...
the only thing about homepokergames.com is that the info seems out of date for the most part.  Updates don't seem to occur too often and so it may take quite a few emails to find something still happening but I'm guessing that will be the case anywhere you look.
You're right. The oldest postings are at the beginning so you have to scan through a ton of them to find current info. I actually replied to about 4 postings asking for tourney info and then realized they were for 2004. Oh well.But, so far this is the best place I've seen for finding out info on tourneys, etc.

Homepokergames.com is definatly the best anywhere in terms of the sheer volume of games. I don't know about other places, but in FL there's always a game within easy driving distance. I've found the best run home NL tourny on the planet through this site, and a great cash game as well.

• 5 months later...
You can search www.homepokertour.com for local tournament games.
Can you tell me what format they are looking for in the "Search by Location" field? Nothing I put in works. I've tried zipcodes, city & state. Nothing works.
You can search www.homepokertour.com for local tournament games.
Can you tell me what format they are looking for in the "Search by Location" field? Nothing I put in works. I've tried zipcodes, city & state. Nothing works.
City or state/prov.Is the search button selected when you hit enter?
  • 5 months later...

I found the meetup.com groups to be VERY useful for finding players for my home games. BUT, you have to message everyone individually about it - you can't just leave a general post. It seems no one checks back after they join the goups, so unless you make the effort to contact them through the meetup message system you won't hear from anybody.Second best online source to find players: posting on the various forums like this one.Third best - find players in the online poker rooms from your area. Chat with them and invite them over.Fourth best - homepokergames.com. They seem to get a lot of traffic through their site. True, much of their listings are out of date. But, if you list your info, you will get responses.

• 2 months later...

meetup sucks big time, I went to a couple of games here in SF the guys are assholes and make you feel totally uncomfortable plus they kicked me off meetup for not attending too many games, Screw those jerks, trywww.pokerpal.org for a good game at least you know youre dealing with real folks at home games not an organized money taking event