Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

Alright, I'm hoping with all the players on this board, we can get a little focused light conversation going, and maybe some of the longer-term players will get some brags in if we don't have to bust in on other threads for it.

How's everyone doing lately? Any big wins/losses? Big upgrades coming?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

I'll start things off of course - hopefully getting ready for a big day - my Level 5 Town Hall will be ready tonight, and I'll have nearly enough gold/elixir once it does to get the Wizard Tower and Spell Factory (though I don't really know what that does). Also looking forward to getting another mine and elixir collector and some new walls, as my base will need a bit of a redesign (which I'm dreading).

At 585 trophies right now thanks to some good defense, so I'm also looking to get to 600 tonight and join the Slashin clan, and hopefully get the big bucks to start rolling in.

Now I just have to figure out why every time I'm getting attacked, it's by people with 150-200 more trophies than me...I thought it was supposed to be people much closer in range to you!

I need help with attacking better. I lose too many battles. Was over 800 trophies. Now down to 699

Better selection I guess is needed.

I got my Level. 5 town hall finally.

I need help with attacking better. I lose too many battles. Was over 800 trophies. Now down to 699

Better selection I guess is needed.

I got my Level. 5 town hall finally.

Nice! Seems like that's the big one - are you going for a Level 6 soon, or working on some other stuff?

When it comes to attacking, I'm not much help. I suck too. My mistakes seem to be not placing troops correctly - so they attack the wrong thing(s) first, or often, I get too conservative and don't place enough down at once. Seems like the most successful attacks against me are when people drop a lot of drops at the same time, so they start doing damage to my defensive structures before the single-shots can get them all. The only problem is mortars and other splash weapons, but the mortar really doesn't do a ton of damage in any one shot, and if you spread guys out, you can beat it. The worst attacks are when someone sends 10 guys...then another 10...then another 10...

Attacking is definitely hard - so much is about reading the base and knowing how quickly you can get past certain elements to know who to deploy where. Of my 585 trophies, I'd guess 500 of them have come from successful defenses (no one has ever gotten more than 1 star on me), and only a handful from attacks, where I am hitting .500 at best and getting 1-star as often as I get 3 even when I do win.

I'd recommend, once you get to town hall level 5, focus on upgrading everything you have as high as it will go before you upgrade to the next town hall.

Danny, reorganizing your base isn't too bad with the village edit mode. I just re-vamped my lvl 8 town hall base on the weekend, only took 15 minutes or so.

re: attacking. A solid strategy for early levels is: drop a bunch of giants nearest to one of the enemy mortars, wait for the first mortar shell to drop, then drop 2 wall breakers. Let the giants dispatch the first mortar, and a few of the defensive buildings, and let them draw all the defensive fire towards them, then unleash a wave of archers or barbarians. I prefer archers because you can spread them out and keep them out of range of the defensive buildings that are still standing. I like to have all of my troops deployed within the first minute or so.

The number one thing that will destroy an attack attempt as you get higher in level is clan troops. If the person you are attacking has a clan flag on their clan castle, it's always a good idea to drop a single barb/archer to draw out the troops, then draw them as far away as possible from the base and dispatch them there, before you start your attack. Lightning spell is great for this (spell factory lvl 1), if the clan troops are archers or goblins.

I'd recommend, once you get to town hall level 5, focus on upgrading everything you have as high as it will go before you upgrade to the next town hall.

Danny, reorganizing your base isn't too bad with the village edit mode. I just re-vamped my lvl 8 town hall base on the weekend, only took 15 minutes or so.

re: attacking. A solid strategy for early levels is: drop a bunch of giants nearest to one of the enemy mortars, wait for the first mortar shell to drop, then drop 2 wall breakers. Let the giants dispatch the first mortar, and a few of the defensive buildings, and let them draw all the defensive fire towards them, then unleash a wave of archers or barbarians. I prefer archers because you can spread them out and keep them out of range of the defensive buildings that are still standing. I like to have all of my troops deployed within the first minute or so.

The number one thing that will destroy an attack attempt as you get higher in level is clan troops. If the person you are attacking has a clan flag on their clan castle, it's always a good idea to drop a single barb/archer to draw out the troops, then draw them as far away as possible from the base and dispatch them there, before you start your attack. Lightning spell is great for this (spell factory lvl 1), if the clan troops are archers or goblins.

Thanks Dubes! It did look like Level 5 was one I could sit at for a while and work on other things. I can see at this level I'll need to do some upgrades if I want to progress much, but I'm off to a good start.

Quick question on wallbreakers - I have them, though haven't deployed any yet. Do you wait for the first mortar shell because otherwise it'll blow them up? Or are you trying to avoid them getting killed by secondary fire like archer towers. Also, why do you need two wallbreakers? I think at my level, one will usually be enough, but if one can potentially not do the trick for reasons other than damage, then i'll do more. Looks like a level 1 WB should do 480 damage, which will be enough for a 500-HP level 2 wall once a giant takes a swing at it. Almost never seeing level 3 walls where I am.

yeah you wait for the first mortar to drop so they don't get crushed. they have low HP and die from 1 shot from pretty much anything, so you have to kinda sneak them in. I've always done 2 at once just in case one gets killed. If you keep doing 1 at a time, they could keep getting picked off.

Wallbreakers are pretty key against players with good defences. Having 6 giants standing still pounding at a wall makes for optimal splash targets for weapons like mortars and wiz towers. If your troops can cruise right through the walls they get much more damage done before they get wiped out. I usually deploy some barbarians or archers to distract defences then send in a couple of wall breakers. THEN I deploy the bulk of my attacking troops through those holes. Also at later levels, you may want to save a wall breaker. Interior walls get stronger, and having a wall breaker to get through a second wall quickly while all the opponents defences are usually within range of your own troops is a big help.

I m doing lot better now that I can train 100 troops.

I can't imagine upgrading town hall to level 6 since $750000 required. My max gold is $150000. I'm upgrading that slowly

I'm currently upgrading my town hall to level 7. It's a 6 day process. And I'm trying to get to 1250 trophies so I can get a 450 gem bonus.

I did so-so in the clan war. I was able to get 3 stars on my first attack, but only 1 star on my other attack.

4-stars is a good result IMO.

I got 2+2. Ran into a dragon on one of my attacks, which usually complicates things, so I'm ok with those results.

Dragon's in the clan castle are a pain in the ass, and it's the reason I try to donate 4 or 5 of them to clan castles during the preparation stage of every clan war.

So the Slashin team had a clan war? Too bad because I was hoping to get in on the next one, but I figured I might. How did the clan overall do?

For the new guys like Jay, how much did you guys get from it? Does it vary? (i.e. other than what you get in attacks, does Dubey get more than Jay if Dubey attacks 'harder' guys?' and/or gets more stars?

Should be around for the next one, unless it starts tonight. I'm excited, though will probably screw up my first one until I figure things out lol

how it works:

Each enemy clan member has a "war win bonus". the higher level they are, the better the bonus. If you defeat them in the war, you get the bonus if your clan wins the war. If your clan loses the war, you get 20% of the bonus (I believe).

Clan war has 2 hours left and unfortunately it looks like we are going to lose. Currently down 89-77. Unless some of the higher level guys who haven't attacked yet come on in the last couple of hours, we are going to lose.

I defeated their #19, and #12 ranked bases, and my war win bonus would be 310k gold, 310k elixer, and 190 dark elixer. it'll be 60k/60k/30 or so if we lose the war. Jay attacked lower level guys, so his bonuses would be smaller, though I don't knwo what they are.

Also, as one of the lowest levels in the clan, there is the chance that you could get left out of a clan war.

When clans are matched up, it has to be an equal number of people in each clan participating. Usually, it is 45 vs. 45. If we have 48 members at the time, the 3 lowest on the totem pole don't get to participate in the clan war. it is based on your "ranking" in the clan war, which you can't actually see at any other time. I believe it is based on an algorithm that ranks players based on the strength of their base + the strength of their troops. I don't know how it is ranked exactly, but I do know it is independent of trophies and level. If you have been building a strong base, you may be in the top 45 right off the bat.

Also, as one of the lowest levels in the clan, there is the chance that you could get left out of a clan war.

When clans are matched up, it has to be an equal number of people in each clan participating. Usually, it is 45 vs. 45. If we have 48 members at the time, the 3 lowest on the totem pole don't get to participate in the clan war. it is based on your "ranking" in the clan war, which you can't actually see at any other time. I believe it is based on an algorithm that ranks players based on the strength of their base + the strength of their troops. I don't know how it is ranked exactly, but I do know it is independent of trophies and level. If you have been building a strong base, you may be in the top 45 right off the bat.

Actually anyone can get left out to promote a more fair match up. I've been left out of a clan war that I started LOL

ah didn't realize that. I wish the software would look at whether poeple have attacked in past clan wars and use that to exclude people from clan wars.

oh man. I appreciate knowing this, but for the benefit of all FCP, it'd be way funnier if you hadn't told me, then after all this nagging and questions and being annoying, I finally got in the clan...just to get left out of the first war. I'd laugh and I'm me! If I was anyone else, I would laugh...hard.

Interesting that you have to beat your opponent to get the bonuses. If you get 0-star'ed, do you get nothing even if your clan wins?

Also (and I'm only asking so many questions so I can be useful to the group) - you made it sound like you attack twice but didn't discuss the success of your defenses...does every player attack and get attacked twice? Do you attack and get attacked by the same person?

For this last war I was ranked #35 in the clan. The game recommended I attack their #44. I chose to attack their #41 and got 3 stars and it shows a war win bonus of 76'500 gold and elixir if we win the war. My second attack was their #35 and I got 0 star with a war win bonus of 125'000. (I thought I got 1 star but nope, it was a 0)

I was attacked by their #23 and lost 100%.

My son and I have been spectators last 2 wars. But getting better and hopefully one of us will be in the next one

oh man. I appreciate knowing this, but for the benefit of all FCP, it'd be way funnier if you hadn't told me, then after all this nagging and questions and being annoying, I finally got in the clan...just to get left out of the first war. I'd laugh and I'm me! If I was anyone else, I would laugh...hard.

Interesting that you have to beat your opponent to get the bonuses. If you get 0-star'ed, do you get nothing even if your clan wins?

Also (and I'm only asking so many questions so I can be useful to the group) - you made it sound like you attack twice but didn't discuss the success of your defenses...does every player attack and get attacked twice? Do you attack and get attacked by the same person?

question 1: if you get zero stars, you get nothing.

question 2: there's no bonus/penalty for being attacked, other than depriving/giving the enemy clan more/less stars. A lot of the higher level bases never get attacked at all. My base got 3-starred in this war. The previous 4 or 5 clan wars I'd been a part of (not all with this clan), my base hadn't even been attacked. Clan war bonuses are all handed out based on your attacks. You choose who you attack, and the enemy clan members choose who they attack. Theres no correlation between the two.

Is there a way to see what troops I have had donated?

I know when you are online you obviously see the message. But after it's been done how can I know what's in the clan castle.