2014 Poker Stars Ept Barcelona Main Event

Day 2 of the 2014 Poker Stars EPT Main Event has started and Daniel is playing.

The field for this tournament is massive with 1495 entrants making it the largest event in the EPT's history. It's also the 100th EPT event.

Good luck to Daniel and also FCPers Marcel Vonk who is also playing.

Updates at Poker News and the Poker Stars Blog

http://www.pokernews...ona/main-event/

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/

https://twitter.com/...er/with_replies

Daniel's Twitter Updates

Daniel Negreanu @RealKidPoker · Aug 22

Just sat down day 1B of #EPT100 #EPTBarcelona will tweet chipdates to @DNChips account. Huge turnout so far wow

My intention as always is to end day 1 with 100+ big blinds on my way to finishing in first place :-)

@DNChips based on my table draw it's going to be an old school small ball kinda day. I'll be getting lots of chippies

Daniel Negreanu @RealKidPoker · 14h

@DNChips 18,600 to end day 1

Daniel Negreanu @RealKidPoker · 2h

About to start day 2 of a massive #EPTBarcelona with 18,600 (23bbs) plenty of room to make magic happen. I will end with 225k today.

@DNChips I limped UTG with A3cc 4 way flop T 4c 5c. SB bet 2200 I raise to 5200 button makes it 11k I go all in 24k he has JcTc riv 7c

@DNChips doubled up to about 50k and that's about average right now with just 900 players left lol

Daniel Negreanu @RealKidPoker · 1h

@DNChips #EPTBarcelona is a unique one this year. I decided to break out the limping strategy occasionally to adapt. Works pretty well IMO

Daniel Negreanu @RealKidPoker · 5h

@dnchips just doubled up to over 60k now with JJ against 10-10. Over half the field is out so far on day 2 #EPTBarcelona

Daniel Negreanu @RealKidPoker · 4h

@dnchips over 90k now just picked off a bluff calling down with AQ high

Daniel Negreanu @RealKidPoker · 3h

@DNChips back down to 50k lost 3 way all in pot with TT vs AK and 97 before the flop. 97 came first, AK second and me last lol

Daniel Negreanu @RealKidPoker · 3h

@dnchips down to 10k lost an ugly hand J9hh vs 89 on a J67hh flop he turned a 5 and I missed on the river

@dnchips 15,100 end level 12 blinds going to be 1k-2k so I need a bit of run good soon :-)

Welcome To Day 2

A total of 889 players will take their seats at noon, combining the day 1a (270) and 1b (619) survivors. The record breaking field lost a lot of players on the first days, but it's still huge. The schedule for today hasn't been announced yet, but in recent years the second day of play was an easy one with just six levels of 75 minutes each, and no dinner break. The tournament organization might just change that and add some levels, as there needs to be space created for all the side events.

Local player Jose Lamarca Capa qualified through a live satellite earlier this week, and now leads the charge with a whopping 193,300 in chips. Day 1a chip leader Michael Mizrachi isn't far behind though with 186,600 in chips. Atanas Kavrakov from Bulgaria is the shortest player in the field, he has just a mere 900 chips to start the day.

The first level of play is 400/800 today, with an ante of 100. PokerNews will be on sight for coverage of all the big hands, crucial flips, big suck outs, and huge bluffs. We'll also have all the photos you want, and interviews with all the biggest players. Stay tuned!