Jump to content


New Challenge (old Challenge)


  • Please log in to reply
61537 replies to this topic

#1 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:54 AM

i was reading the sbrugby 1k to 200k thread and thought it would be fun to try and do. i think if a bunch of us try, maybe one of us makes it.anyway who's up for it.
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#2 RDog

RDog

    I'm Barry Sanders bitches!!!

  • Members
  • 10,919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange County, CA

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 10:54 AM, said:

i was reading the sbrugby 1k to 200k thread and thought it would be fun to try and do. i think if a bunch of us try, maybe one of us makes it.anyway who's up for it.
Linkage?

#3 navybuttons

navybuttons

    What?

  • Members
  • 5,117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Poker Game:Diamonds

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:56 AM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 10:54 AM, said:

i was reading the sbrugby 1k to 200k thread and thought it would be fun to try and do. i think if a bunch of us try, maybe one of us makes it.anyway who's up for it.
in. start march 1?but i haven't read the sbrugby thread. anyone have a link?
if you're not playing the notes in front of you it's not mozart.

#4 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

View Postnavybuttons, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 10:56 AM, said:

in. start march 1?but i haven't read the sbrugby thread. anyone have a link?
it wasn't really a thread he started it was someone linking to his blog i think where he talked about how he did it in month but wasn't sure it was still possible.
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#5 troyomac

troyomac

    .

  • Members
  • 11,235 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

links are good.

#6 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

View Posttroyomac, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 10:59 AM, said:

links are good.
fine.her's onewww.twistys.com
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#7 troyomac

troyomac

    .

  • Members
  • 11,235 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 10:58 AM, said:

it wasn't really a thread he started it was someone linking to his blog i think where he talked about how he did it in month but wasn't sure it was still possible.
Could you give us the general idea of how we're supposed to do it?

#8 troyomac

troyomac

    .

  • Members
  • 11,235 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:00 AM, said:

fine.her's onewww.twistys.com
Username and password please?

#9 run_goot

run_goot

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 163 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Poker Game:nlhe and mtt

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

View Posttroyomac, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 2:00 PM, said:

Could you give us the general idea of how we're supposed to do it?
I think you try to win $199,000 but that's just me being crazy.

#10 troyomac

troyomac

    .

  • Members
  • 11,235 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

View Postrun_goot, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM, said:

I think you try to win $199,000 but that's just me being crazy.
Oh thanks. I was confused.

#11 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:04 AM

I look forward to playing against you.I would start with 100NL and play until I had 2K and jump right into 200NL being willing to move back down if I dropped $800. I would then play 200NL until I had 3500 and then I would play 400NL again dropping down if I had a little downswing. I would continue this process all the way to 100/200. I think this is an interesting question, and I feel that with 1000 dollars I could be playing 50/100 NL in 4 weeks with 200K. This would be very ambitous and require alot of poker everyday (probably 3K+ hands a day). But I still think it could be done. ( I don’t knwo if I want to try to prove it tho )this is from the p5's thread which was taken from something else
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#12 ForRealDD

ForRealDD

    Poker Forum Redneck

  • Members
  • 3,210 posts
  • Location:Dallas, Tx
  • Interests:Lawn Darts and finger paint

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:09 AM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:04 AM, said:

I look forward to playing against you.I would start with 100NL and play until I had 2K and jump right into 200NL being willing to move back down if I dropped $800. I would then play 200NL until I had 3500 and then I would play 400NL again dropping down if I had a little downswing. I would continue this process all the way to 100/200. I think this is an interesting question, and I feel that with 1000 dollars I could be playing 50/100 NL in 4 weeks with 200K. This would be very ambitous and require alot of poker everyday (probably 3K+ hands a day). But I still think it could be done. ( I donít knwo if I want to try to prove it tho )this is from the p5's thread which was taken from something else
Hmmmm............
It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.

#13 check_blazer

check_blazer

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:7-stud

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

How do you play online poker? There are no cards or chips...doesn't make sense to me.

#14 RDog

RDog

    I'm Barry Sanders bitches!!!

  • Members
  • 10,919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange County, CA

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

I am up for anything that motivates me to play more cash games. What if we did something along the same lines but handicapped it for those of us who don't play full time AND are a tad less skilled than the OP? So the goal is smaller for some people. Just a thought.

#15 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

View PostForRealDD, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM, said:

Hmmmm............
im not sure how i want to approach this i know if i start at 100nl im gonna get broke off. specially if it's 6max games. im gonna check em out right now i tihnk
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#16 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:17 AM

View PostRDog, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:15 AM, said:

I am up for anything that motivates me to play more cash games. What if we did something along the same lines but handicapped it for those of us who don't play full time AND are a tad less skilled than the OP? So the goal is smaller for some people. Just a thought.
next time u flop a set of jacks against me i'd appreciate u not wait to checkraise me until the river and i have 4/5 of my stack in the pot. i forgot to same someting when it happened a month ago you ****.nh though
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#17 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:20 AM

rdogg whatever u wanna shott for
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#18 RDog

RDog

    I'm Barry Sanders bitches!!!

  • Members
  • 10,919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange County, CA

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:22 AM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:17 AM, said:

next time u flop a set of jacks against me i'd appreciate u not wait to checkraise me until the river and i have 4/5 of my stack in the pot. i forgot to same someting when it happened a month ago you ****.nh though
LMAO

#19 HoosierAlum

HoosierAlum

    Grindmode

  • Members
  • 8,169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Golf, Traveling, Baseball, Basketball

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:31 AM

I would be down, but I know once I hit 50k I would puss out and not want to play the 25/50 games b/c at this point in my career Im pretty sure I can't beat those games in their current state. (From my limited experience I've been raped playing anything over 10/20nl)If Party Poker was still around I would give it a serious shot though.




I might start updating this again.
http://jonathandepa.blogspot.com/

#20 ForRealDD

ForRealDD

    Poker Forum Redneck

  • Members
  • 3,210 posts
  • Location:Dallas, Tx
  • Interests:Lawn Darts and finger paint

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:35 AM

View PostHoosierAlum, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM, said:

I would be down, but I know once I hit 50k I would puss out and not want to play the 25/50 games b/c at this point in my career Im pretty sure I can't beat those games in their current state. (From my limited experience I've been raped playing anything over 10/20nl)If Party Poker was still around I would give it a serious shot though.
This is what I was thinking. Alot of the games have gotten tougher since sb's quest I'm sure.
It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users