Best Way To Build A Bankroll?

Hi there.I recently made the switch from FullTilt to PokerStars and managed to turn a $6 donation into $50 by grinding the $5NL games.From here, though, I'm wondering what would be the best path to take from here. SnG? Full-Ring/ 6 Max? Stakes?My best game in terms of experience is NLHE (cliché?), but I'm not awful at Omaha Hi-Lo, and find it more fun as it's fresh.Primarily, though, I'm just looking to build up a bankroll. I'm sure many people on here have done it, and I'm just looking for any advice I can get?Thanks a lot.Zach.

The only real advice I can give you is to find a game that you can beat and play within your bankroll. Also, I would suggest finding a site with rakeback or bonus.

I'd say 1$ SnGs are the best thing out there for you and nearly the only thing that you could play that's within your BR. They're fairly easy imo, but it's gonna take a while to build a BR just playing SnGs. So maybe you could continue playing 5$ NL, even though it's out of your BR officialy you could probably still play those to build a bigger BR. I'd say it kind of a decision... are you more of a tournament player(SnG) or more of a cash game grinder(Cash Games).Or you could take a shot at a big tournament and get lucky and cash big so you can skip all the microstakes grinding :club:

You have the minimum BR for the limit you have been playing. Stay there until you have 10-20 buy-ins for the next limit up then jump.

Keep grinding the $5 tables until you have $200. Then jump to $10NL. Drop back down if you drop to $100. Keep doing the move up/ drop down formula until you have the bankroll for the game you want and the skill to beat it.Or buy a piece of WhatarunAA in the next major he plays on Sunday. That should be instant bankroll if you buy at least 10 percent.

In addition to the good advice others have already given, use every FPP you have/get in the 70FPP satellite to the Sunday hundred grand. When you win, unregister and use the T$ for $1 sng's. It's like free money.

You can't start playing $5.50 SnGs with a $50 roll.There are lots of options on Stars for $1 tournies, that's how I've been building my roll. Playing the $1.20 STTs is a slow way to do it, but if you can adjust to the larger tables and turbo structure the $1.10, 45-man turbos are easy pickings and a faster way to build your roll. And the rake is the lowest you'll see at the micro limits.

Hi there.I recently made the switch from FullTilt to PokerStars and managed to turn a $6 donation into $50 by grinding the $5NL games.From here, though, I'm wondering what would be the best path to take from here. SnG? Full-Ring/ 6 Max? Stakes?My best game in terms of experience is NLHE (cliché?), but I'm not awful at Omaha Hi-Lo, and find it more fun as it's fresh.Primarily, though, I'm just looking to build up a bankroll. I'm sure many people on here have done it, and I'm just looking for any advice I can get?Thanks a lot.Zach.
1. go to the biggest table you can get on2. wait for aces3. push all in4. repeat
In addition to the good advice others have already given, use every FPP you have/get in the 70FPP satellite to the Sunday hundred grand. When you win, unregister and use the T$ for $1 sng's. It's like free money.
This sounds like a smart idea, but where can I find this Satellite? I'm not very good as manouvering around PokerStars just yet.Thanks for everyone who's replied so far. All advice is greatly appreciated.As for a progress check, down here at MicroStakes I've realised:- Splitting pots in O8 gets somewhat annoying when I hit Quads.- The $4+.40 is the most irritating goldmine I've stumbled across- Some people should not play PokerCurrent Bankroll: $81
This sounds like a smart idea, but where can I find this Satellite? I'm not very good as manouvering around PokerStars just yet.
Click on the Sit-n-gos tab and then on satellites. Rank them by buy-in and the first one that pops up should be the 70 FPP sat to the SHG. Contrary to what others think, though, I disagree that this is a great way to build your roll because you actually have to win the STT. Sure, the play is horrible, but you still need enough FPPs to surivive the variance.
- The $4+.40 is the most irritating goldmine I've stumbled across
True, but it's also the softest FT i've ever come across. I cashed once in a 4.40 and obviously took it down aswell. If you reach the money bubble and the FT even more, people tighten up and pretty much every1 plays as a rock and if you know how to play a LAG style well then you can easily take one down. When you're 5handed at the FT and 4handed aswell and if you have a big stack, i'd advise to raise 2.5x BB with nearly ATC, from 4 people and less probably ATC. Usually you'll be able to live on the blinds easily and if they want to fight you, they'll have to start raising allin for their tournament life, which they won't do too often. You'll be able to pick the spots where the money goes in. And ofc if you're a bit lucky and pick up some premium pairs, you're chances of action are big.

Thanks for the tips. tuckermitchell was kinda enough to link me to the key post on 180 man SnG by TheRinn, which can be found hereSo are we all recommending that a bankroll-builder should be giving these a shot on a common basis?

If you want a true goldmine, and I know many are going to disagree, but when you get up to about 100 dollars.. Go play some 3.25 45 man turbos.. If you are a decent enough player, you may not cash that often, but when you do cash it's more than likely going to be a win, because players are absolutely horrendous when blinds get that big.. Right now, I win a 3.25 about once in every 6 tries.. So I'm spending roughly 19 dollars and winning around 22... I play two at a time, so you can play in about 10 in a matter of a couple of hours..

i built my bankroll from 10 dollar SnGs at poker room. When i would place 1st id buy into a 10 or 20 dollar MTT with guarantee money and go for a big score. When i placed 2nd or 3rd or busted out of the money id buy into another SnG. The bankroll doesn't fluctuate much if you are a good player and there is a chance to hit it big in the MTT. I prefer to have 50 or more buyins for whatever level im playing at but this is pretty conservative and you can get buy with 25-30. i ended up cashing out my bankroll awhile back and have recently started trying a similar strat at full tilt. you can sharkscope imanujakku at full tilt to see kinda how its going. the two big spikes on the graph are a couple of 45 20+2 wins which i bought into not following my 1st place in a SnG rule but out frustration in chunking off a couple hundred playing PLO cash games. In general don't do that :)in summaygrind low level SnGs for profituse profit to take shots at guaranteed money. don't quit your day job.

• 2 weeks later...
If you want a true goldmine, and I know many are going to disagree, but when you get up to about 100 dollars.. Go play some 3.25 45 man turbos.. If you are a decent enough player, you may not cash that often, but when you do cash it's more than likely going to be a win, because players are absolutely horrendous when blinds get that big.. Right now, I win a 3.25 about once in every 6 tries.. So I'm spending roughly 19 dollars and winning around 22... I play two at a time, so you can play in about 10 in a matter of a couple of hours..
I'm currently grinding away at the $1.10, 45-man turbos with the goal of moving up to the $3.25's. I've completely given up on the STTs because the 45-turbos are so much more lucrative.

i dont have a $50 bankroll, but once an online site put $50 in my GF's old account (which I used to play for her to clear a bonus... that's another story). I put it on a BJ table, doubled it to $100, then 4 tabled .10/.25 with max buy in on each. worked it to $500 in 2 weeks and cashed it off and let her spend it on Xmas money. Not an ideal way to do it by any stretch but it worked for me.

I preferred the 1.75 /18's, and then after that started to play the 3.25 /45's once my bankroll was about $120 (both are extremely lucrative.. especially multitabling them on a small roll). If you're a decent enough player, you should be able to build that bankroll up pretty fast. The amount of bad players kind of renders the risk of variance (aka going broke quickly due to a bad run of cards). 5NL is also an option, but its a slower grind. The sitngo play at the microlimits is so bad I'd advise you take advantage of it while your bankroll is low.