Daniel The Spiteful

I read hellmuth's blog before reading daniel's and I have to say that basicly hellmuth came off in his blog just as he does on TV, with a self-inflated opinion of himself. there wasn't a whole lot that i thought made hellmuth look any different than he does with all his antics and blabbing about being the "best ever," etc. Daniel's blog, however, came off as just completely spiteful to me... i mean he creates the image of the nice, laughable guy on tv, but quite obviously he tends to get jealous of other players easily. He even admitted to it in his "without god i'm useless" blog. i keep reading all these comments on the site about how hellmuth hurt his image with this blog, which just seems so ludicrous.. how does he come off differently in the blog than he does on TV? daniel is the one who comes off as basicly being jealous and completely outside the persona he tries to create. if anything, daniel's blog basicly showed that he has as self-inflated an opinion of himself as hellmuth does and that he thinks he is the one that should be the face of ESPN's poker game, energy drinks, movies, etc. certainly daniel has a very warped idea of how funny he is.. seriously, other than the groupies, who laughs at his "jokes" (saying "pee pee" only is funny at 3rd grade parties and drug rehabilitation clinics btw)?I have some cut and paste replies to save the groupies time:"You are just showing your spiteful""Someone is jealous of daniel""Don't read his blog then""get a life loser" -- not sure if this one really applies, but seems like people will use it for just about anything yes yes.. i'm aware, but i don't create an image of myself and then completely contradict it. oh yeah.. btw danny, i think the majority of people read your blog to hear about high stakes poker life and not american idol stuff. just a thought...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONCE AGAIN, this is DN's BLOG...if you DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT.I dont understand why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.Tough for some people thoughIf DN is such a bad spiteful person, I would suggest stop reading his blog and supporting his website.Just a thought

I dont think DN came off of jealous. His blog was just to get a few laughs. Daniel has accomplished more in tounament poker and cash games than Hellmuth in term of what matters, that being money not bracelets, and has nothing to be jealous of.

I think what alot of you don't understand is that most of the pros just heckle each other and enjoy going back and forth. There are a few feuds that are probably serious, but for the most part I think the majority of them are just kidding around.We don't know most of the relationships among the pros, but I bet you would be suprised who is friends with who.People rip on Phil Hellmuth, Phil Gordon, Mike Matusow all the time. Does it mean that everyone hates them. No, they just happen to be easy targets for jokes.I read about E-dog and Phil Gordon taking shots at each other on PAD or some other show, and I think Daniel stepped in and even said that it was all in fun and they are actually friends.I can assure you that DN is just having a good time poking fun at Phil and nothing is meant by it.

Yes I'm glad you didn't have to waste your time cutting and pasting like I did.It just gets old, when some retard starts another Daniel's blog war thread.Every single day somebody starts one dealing with the same crap. Im all for discussion, but use the existing threads to discuss the same old stuff.I'm tired of hearing people ***** about DN's opinions in his blog. Its HIS blog...and thats basically what a blog is. I dont agree with everything he says, but I don't have to and I can still read and enjoy them.Learn that opinions that differ from yours doesnt mean the world is coming to an end

I think what alot of you don't understand is that most of the pros just heckle each other and enjoy going back and forth. There are a few feuds that are probably serious, but for the most part I think the majority of them are just kidding around....I can assure you that DN is just having a good time poking fun at Phil and nothing is meant by it.
haha if we reply to one another's posts so quickly i think we should just exchange AOL handles and keep going from there. i forgot you were a pro btw and don't simply watch the same shows that i do and hear them say that stuff. seem a little bit like a restraining order waiting to happen, but nevermind

LOL up our post counts.I understand your point of view, I'm just saying, everyday someone starts a thread ripping on Daniels opinions and it just gets old.And I truly believe that alot of the pros put on a show for the camera. I think they are alot more friendly than we are led to believe. This is not the case for every situation as I'm sure there are some pros who just despise each other.

I read hellmuth's blog before reading daniel's and I have to say that basicly hellmuth came off in his blog just as he does on TV, with a self-inflated opinion of himself. there wasn't a whole lot that i thought made hellmuth look any different than he does with all his antics and blabbing about being the "best ever," etc. Daniel's blog, however, came off as just completely spiteful to me... i mean he creates the image of the nice, laughable guy on tv, but quite obviously he tends to get jealous of other players easily. He even admitted to it in his "without god i'm useless" blog. i keep reading all these comments on the site about how hellmuth hurt his image with this blog, which just seems so ludicrous.. how does he come off differently in the blog than he does on TV? daniel is the one who comes off as basicly being jealous and completely outside the persona he tries to create. if anything, daniel's blog basicly showed that he has as self-inflated an opinion of himself as hellmuth does and that he thinks he is the one that should be the face of ESPN's poker game, energy drinks, movies, etc. certainly daniel has a very warped idea of how funny he is.. seriously, other than the groupies, who laughs at his "jokes" (saying "pee pee" only is funny at 3rd grade parties and drug rehabilitation clinics btw)?I have some cut and paste replies to save the groupies time:"You are just showing your spiteful""Someone is jealous of daniel""Don't read his blog then""get a life loser" -- not sure if this one really applies, but seems like people will use it for just about anything yes yes.. i'm aware, but i don't create an image of myself and then completely contradict it. oh yeah.. btw danny, i think the majority of people read your blog to hear about high stakes poker life and not american idol stuff. just a thought...
His blog is hilarious all by itself. I didn't have to do anything to point that out. It was April Fool's, and I thought it would be funny. As for being jealous of Hellmuth there is precisely 0% truth to that. Morfe importantly, this "image I created?" What are you babbling about? I didn't CREATE any image dude, I just am what I am. There is no "act" to my behaviour. As for inference that I want to be on the cover of a video game, etc... dude, I've already been there and done that, lol. You have this one completely wrong.
His blog is hilarious all by itself. I didn't have to do anything to point that out. It was April Fool's, and I thought it would be funny. As for being jealous of Hellmuth there is precisely 0% truth to that. Morfe importantly, this "image I created?" What are you babbling about? I didn't CREATE any image dude, I just am what I am. There is no "act" to my behaviour. As for inference that I want to be on the cover of a video game, etc... dude, I've already been there and done that, lol. You have this one completely wrong.
I think you just made this newbies day. Just another anonomous troll looking for any kind of responce to make them feel good.

first of all, no i don't hate everything he says. i read the blog when it's about poker because i'm interested in the life of a pro player, but certainly not about the opinions of the player on subjects such as american idol and the NFL.

Morfe importantly, this "image I created?" What are you babbling about? I didn't CREATE any image dude, I just am what I am. There is no "act" to my behaviour.
I hate to quote blogs, but unfortunately i don't know you so the best insight i have is only what you provide. having said that, the following quotes from "without god i'm useless" would seem to support what i said:"I'm often irritated, jealous, venomous, spiteful, arrogant, mean, insecure, and all around unhappy." "At the same time, there is a price to pay for always putting on a smiley face, even when you don't feel like smiling at all."the first one is kinda self-explanatory. keep in mind that the blog was written a while ago and i didn't just pick those two words from the list to describe the most recent blog. it genuinely came off as sounding both spiteful and jealous in my opinion. mostly because i didn't see the point in mocking hellmuth's blog when daniel himself said that it was, in itself, hilarious... the second one shows that yes, there is a tv image that is created. obviously there isn't a mutanoid transformation between tv and actual person, but certainly the happy-go-lucky "image" that is apparent on tv isn't exactly the case and that yes, even daniel, is capable of being spiteful and jealous of another player's recent fortune
first of all, no i don't hate everything he says. i read the blog when it's about poker because i'm interested in the life of a pro player, but certainly not about the opinions of the player on subjects such as american idol and the NFL.I hate to quote blogs, but unfortunately i don't know you so the best insight i have is only what you provide. having said that, the following quotes from "without god i'm useless" would seem to support what i said:"I'm often irritated, jealous, venomous, spiteful, arrogant, mean, insecure, and all around unhappy." "At the same time, there is a price to pay for always putting on a smiley face, even when you don't feel like smiling at all."the first one is kinda self-explanatory. keep in mind that the blog was written a while ago and i didn't just pick those two words from the list to describe the most recent blog. it genuinely came off as sounding both spiteful and jealous in my opinion. mostly because i didn't see the point in mocking hellmuth's blog when daniel himself said that it was, in itself, hilarious... the second one shows that yes, there is a tv image that is created. obviously there isn't a mutanoid transformation between tv and actual person, but certainly the happy-go-lucky "image" that is apparent on tv isn't exactly the case and that yes, even daniel, is capable of being spiteful and jealous of another player's recent fortune
:club::D:D
first of all, no i don't hate everything he says. i read the blog when it's about poker because i'm interested in the life of a pro player, but certainly not about the opinions of the player on subjects such as american idol and the NFL.I hate to quote blogs, but unfortunately i don't know you so the best insight i have is only what you provide. having said that, the following quotes from "without god i'm useless" would seem to support what i said:"I'm often irritated, jealous, venomous, spiteful, arrogant, mean, insecure, and all around unhappy." "At the same time, there is a price to pay for always putting on a smiley face, even when you don't feel like smiling at all."the first one is kinda self-explanatory. keep in mind that the blog was written a while ago and i didn't just pick those two words from the list to describe the most recent blog. it genuinely came off as sounding both spiteful and jealous in my opinion. mostly because i didn't see the point in mocking hellmuth's blog when daniel himself said that it was, in itself, hilarious... the second one shows that yes, there is a tv image that is created. obviously there isn't a mutanoid transformation between tv and actual person, but certainly the happy-go-lucky "image" that is apparent on tv isn't exactly the case and that yes, even daniel, is capable of being spiteful and jealous of another player's recent fortune
Here's one more important piece of information that you should consider. If I screw up, I'll admit it. If you made a valid point, I'd admit it. If there were any jealous feelings towards him, I'd admit it. How could I be jealous of Phil??? It just doesn't make much sense? What exactly would I be jealous of? His Pro Player drink deal, or his Children's clothing line? Seriously, I've never been jealous of him for even a millisecond in my entire life! Patrick Antonious on the other hand, my goodness! Dude is too pretty to be that good at poker! LOL.
Here's one more important piece of information that you should consider. If I screw up, I'll admit it. If you made a valid point, I'd admit it. If there were any jealous feelings towards him, I'd admit it. How could I be jealous of Phil??? It just doesn't make much sense? What exactly would I be jealous of? His Pro Player drink deal, or his Children's clothing line? Seriously, I've never been jealous of him for even a millisecond in my entire life! Patrick Antonious on the other hand, my goodness! Dude is too pretty to be that good at poker! LOL.
haha please, admitting you were jealous of phil would be like shaq admitting he was jealous of kobe. the other players would rip him every time he got on the court. so that can't really be taken seriously. i was suggesting that jealousy existed perhaps in that hellmuth is becoming more of a face of poker than you, certainly by major commercial sponsers (i was pretty surprised ESPN would choose phil of all the players, to be honest, since he admits to not playing as much at high stakes). this is going to get redundant though because i can't argue against you about what you feel.. it simply appeared from the blog that there was an element of jealousy towards the "off-court" awards that hellmuth is receiving when perhaps he is seen by many of the people who actually play the game professionally (once again, conjecture on my part) to be one-dimensional as a player
Patrick Antonious on the other hand, my goodness! Dude is too pretty to be that good at poker! LOL.
QFT...not that there's anything wrong with that...
...not that there's anything wrong with that...
:club: jt...give it a rest bro. You made your point. Attempting to fillet Daniels character here is just not very original. You are what....number eleventy brazillion in the long line of those who've come before you.In fact it's borrrring.

I don't think Daniel would ever have any reason to be jealous of Phil. Daniel is more likeable and more fun to watch. Daniel has lots of $$ and poker skills, so really the only thing Daniel could be jealous of is Phil's annoying, pompous personality.

jt...give it a rest bro. You made your point. Attempting to fillet Daniels character here is just not very original. You are what....number eleventy brazillion in the long line of those who've come before you.In fact it's borrrring.
haha, why is it that whenever someone says something negative about daniel that an army of zealots come running from the woodworks... or perhaps mother ship is more appropriate. i mean, i didn't insult his ethnic heritage, i made an observational comment. he responded and then i followed up. if everyone just said, hey great job on that blog, then it wouldn't be very interesting, would it?
haha, why is it that whenever someone says something negative about daniel that an army of zealots come running from the woodworks... or perhaps mother ship is more appropriate. i mean, i didn't insult his ethnic heritage, i made an observational comment. he responded and then i followed up. if everyone just said, hey great job on that blog, then it wouldn't be very interesting, would it?
he he.....to a large degree I was baiting you dude and you came right in, lol. Daniel obv. doesn't need anyone fighting his battles but I do find it just as interesting how many come after him over his blogs, if for no other reason than just to get a reaction out of folks. And your post was clearly antagonistic.But, you are right,...everyone is entitled to their opinion for sure. peace out. :club:
haha please, admitting you were jealous of phil would be like shaq admitting he was jealous of kobe. the other players would rip him every time he got on the court. so that can't really be taken seriously. i was suggesting that jealousy existed perhaps in that hellmuth is becoming more of a face of poker than you, certainly by major commercial sponsers (i was pretty surprised ESPN would choose phil of all the players, to be honest, since he admits to not playing as much at high stakes). this is going to get redundant though because i can't argue against you about what you feel.. it simply appeared from the blog that there was an element of jealousy towards the "off-court" awards that hellmuth is receiving when perhaps he is seen by many of the people who actually play the game professionally (once again, conjecture on my part) to be one-dimensional as a player
None of it has anything at all to due with Phil's level of skill in relation to his percieved level of skill. The blog is hilarious, whether he was a poker player or not, because the shameless plugs are so transparent and his logic is just... well, batty! The issue you are having with "me" doing it is that I'm also a professional poker player. My guess would be that if some random writer wrote it none of this would have even crossed your mind.